Thread: Trying to find an aluminum rectangular tube of an odd size

Xtreme Addict

Trying to find an aluminum rectangular tube of an odd size

I'm trying to fix one of those huge umbrella. Something hit it and broke one of the aluminum rods during a really nasty storm we had a few weeks back. Been looking everywhere for this part since then and I can't find diddly squat. I don't know who made it and I don't want to go look for another one because this thing is new and barely used. We got it last year in December when they were all on sale, then put it away till spring of this year. Soon as we put it out, boom, head shot.

Its an aluminum or aluminum alloy rectangular hollow tube thats 13x20mm and just under 4' 6'' long. I can cut any length to size over that and its okay if I have to buy a small pile. Umbrella is easy to repair if you have the parts and I'd like to keep it for a while. Does anyone know where I can find a tube of this size? The metal doesn't really matter as long as it doesn't bend too easily. I have to paint it black anyway. I've seen people in this forum who work a lot with metal so I'm hoping one of you knows where to send me.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Member
    you can get half inch by one inch at online metals. you might find some at a hobby town or a store like it if you have one near you

Xtreme Addict
    ??? I was already there. They don't sell it in 13x20mm. Is there some page I didn't see? Can you link me to it?
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.