Thread: New poker (keyboard)

Xtreme Enthusiast

New poker (keyboard)

Hey,
    Thought I'd share some pictures (and thoughts) about my recent change to my poker.

What my poker looked like a couple of days ago:

Pre-alu poker by George.Yoda, on Flickr

I bought a plated poker with ergo clears, and then also an alu pure case for it:

Alu case empty by George.Yoda, on Flickr

The plated board with ergo clears (in the stock case):

Plated poker with clears by George.Yoda, on Flickr

Part way through changing stuff around:

Mid transfer by George.Yoda, on Flickr

The low profile Pure case compared to the stock poker:

Case comparison by George.Yoda, on Flickr

The finished product:

Alu plated poker by George.Yoda, on Flickr

Whilst I love the look of it, I'm still not 100% sold on the ergo clears :/
    My other poker has black switches, and so I think I might need to put heavier springs with the clear stems to get what I want. I just fancied a change, and thought something with a bit of tactile feedback/audible click would be nice, I tended to find browns not have enough feedback, and were a little too light for me, I would have gone for greens but I was offered the already plated board with ergo clears I couldn't really refuse.

Once I find out what screws I need I'll be putting my other poker together, just in the stock case, and I've got some spare brown switches, so I might have a go at switching springs/stems to see if I find a combo I really love. Obviously I've only had this board for a couple of days, and so I need to give it more time before I judge properly, the sound and feel of the board itself is lovely though, so weighty!

Feel free to ask any questions
    Last edited by GeorgeStorm; 04-28-2013 at 02:06 AM.

I am Xtreme
    How much was the aluminum case?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The case cost me 130usd shipped from Singapore.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I don't like the looks of that case, not all: its not big enough and you can see the sides of the switches which, imo, is horrid. Specially at that price point...
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    im sure bill gates has always wanted OLED Toilet Paper wipe his butt with steve jobs talking about ipad..
    Mini-review: Q6600 vs i5 2500K. Gpu scaling on games.

Xtreme Addict
    I really dont get this fascination with keyboards like this. They serve no purpose at all.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by prava View Post
    I don't like the looks of that case, not all: its not big enough and you can see the sides of the switches which, imo, is horrid. Specially at that price point...
    That's fair enough, it's a personal preference obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubar View Post
    I really dont get this fascination with keyboards like this. They serve no purpose at all.
    Not really sure what you mean? If you're referring to a keyboard of that size, then they save a lot of space on the desk, means you can have the mouse closer to where you're typing etc.

And they serve no purpose in your opinion.
    Last edited by GeorgeStorm; 04-28-2013 at 01:41 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    I'm referring to the deliberate design of putting no markings on the keys. I can understand the small size part. I just dont see why anyone would want a keyboard with no markings unless they are trying to make some kind of weird statement like "Hey look at me I don't need markings on my keyboard because I can touch type like the hundreds of millions of other people out there and that makes me cool"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubar View Post
    I'm referring to the deliberate design of putting no markings on the keys. I can understand the small size part. I just dont see why anyone would want a keyboard with no markings unless they are trying to make some kind of weird statement like "Hey look at me I don't need markings on my keyboard because I can touch type like the hundreds of millions of other people out there and that makes me cool"
    Purely an aesthetic choice
    I like the simple, clean and uncluttered look.
    Last edited by GeorgeStorm; 04-28-2013 at 02:03 AM.

I am Xtreme
    You shouldn't have to look at the keys anyway if you know how to touch type. I've had blank key caps for years and wouldn't even ever considering going back. They just don't look near as good.