Thread: GIGABYTE OC Lab had its first visitors, world records broken with video added in...

Xtreme Legend

Red face GIGABYTE OC Lab had its first visitors, world records broken with video added in...

You may or may not have heard about the grand opening of GIGABYTE's new OC Lab but there was one key ingredient missing, extreme overclockers and thousands of litres of LN2. I'm pleased to say I've been present at GIGABYTE HQ in the past week to tick that box and give you a snippet of days of great fun, and to top it off, some excellent records achieved.

TeamAU (youngpro, sniperOz & dinos22) were among the overclockers to try the lab. Mad222 & KK from Hong Kong as well as a man machine from OcUK that goes by the name "8pack" gave the lab a go. Resident overclocker hicookie was on hand as well.

One does not simply enter a lab without LN2 hitting through the roof!

Can't have a lab looking too clean without any high end gear laying about so we got to work pretty fast with the GIGABYTE X79-UD7 and 4WAY GTX Titans and also Z77X-UP7.

Stock GTX Titans received some mods in form of an unofficially named ?G-Power? board by HWBOT last week.
    It is essentially CPU power delivery system you see on GIGABYTE's UP series motherboards with 60Amp MOSFETs and chokes.
    GTX Titan was definitely giving it a workout with a single card drawing up to 260Amps (we were seeing individual mosfets hitting up to 48Amps on the power board).
    In laymens terms it probably needed the same power as that DeLorean in Back To The Future to time travel hahah! Crazy stuff.

Youngpro and hicookie soldering liquorice looking cables to the power board below to hopefully provide stable enough power delivery and it sure did with two cards tested both clocking to 1800MHz and beyond.

SIGNIFICANT RESULTS:

CPUz 3770K frequency FIRST PLACE on Z77X-UP7 & 3770K @7186.54MHz

3DMARK Vantage FIRST PLACE 1xGPU, X79-UD7 & GTX Titan @66204points

3DMARK03 FIRST PLACE 1xGPU, Z77X-UP7 & GTX Titan @229511points

3DMARK11 SECOND PLACE 1xGPU, X79-UD7 & GTX Titan @21266points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oPoJNnYhmQ

I kicked things off on Sunday with a new 3770K frequency world record with help of youngpro and his straw technique with a new 7186.54MHz.
    This score was achieved on all 4 cores with low volts with liquid nitrogen!
    Pretty cool to see we could pass the two liquid helium scores that were on top of the charts before this result
    GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 was the board of choice for this chart topping score of course!

SniperOz, 8pack and youngpro got to work on the X79-UD7 platform with some single card GTX Titan scores snatching single card world record in 3DMARK Vantage and second place in 3DMARK11.

8pack from OcUK and hicookie dropped the final score from the session with a 3DMARK03 world record on single GPU using GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7 and modded GTX Titan

We had a bit of a night out one night and hung out with Neo (from The Overclocker magazine) celebrating his birthday and legendary klngpln.
    From left to right (kingpin, youngpro, 8pack, Neo, Mad222, SniperOz, dinos22)

The OC lab looks fantastic and will no doubt help improve GIGABYTE's products a great deal with regular visits from world renowned overclockers giving their input on things to improve with current and future gen products.
    Last edited by dinos22; 04-25-2013 at 06:03 PM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Administrator
    Nice going you guys !!

I have been following all this on facebook

Xtreme Legend
    I figured I'd stick it on the forum for non FB guys heh
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Member
    Congrats! Awesome results!

Forgive for my English because I only learn it

Xtremely Bad Overclocker
    This looks awesome!
    Great introduction and first-look on the new lab!

Thumbs up for all benchers involved, pretty damn impressive titan-skills

Starving for a lab-invite during Computex
    | '12 IvyBridge - "ticks different"... | AwardFabrik IvyBridge round I by SoF | AwardFabrik IvyBridge round II by angoholic & stummerwinter
    | '11 The SandyBridge madness... | AwardFabrik / Team LDK OC-Season 2011/2012 Opening Event
    | '10 Gulftown LaunchDay OC round up @ASUS RIIE | 3DM05 2x GPU WR LIVE @Cebit 2010 @ASUS MIIIE | SandyBridge arrived @ASUS P8P67

| '09 Foxconn Avenger | E8600 | Foxconn A79A-S | Phenom II 940 BE | LaunchDay Phenom II OC round up
    | '08 7.438s 1m LN2 | AMD 1m WR LN2 | 2nd AOCM | Phenom II teasing
    | '07 100% E2140 | 106.5% E2160 | 100% E4500 | 103% E4400 | 5508 MHZ E6850 | 7250 MHZ P4 641 126.5% by SoF and AwardFabrik Crew all on Gigabyte DS3P c? and LN2...
    | '06 3800+ X2 Manchester 0531TPEW noHS 3201MHZ c? | 3200+ Venice noHS 3279MHZ c? | Opteron 148 0536CABYE 3405MHZ c? all on Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI compressorcooled

| '05 3500+[NC], 3000+[W], 2x 3200+[W], 3500+[NC], 3200+[V] 0516GPDW

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    sof pulled a fermi on all of us !!!

Aussie God
    Awesome results!
    And wtf..... That 8 Pack bloke makes Neo look as a whimp, didnt think that would be possible

Quote Originally Posted by SoF View Post
    This looks awesome!
    Great introduction and first-look on the new lab!

Thumbs up for all benchers involved, pretty damn impressive titan-skills

Starving for a lab-invite during Computex
    We'll get hicookie drunk and make him sign a paper
    But sure hope that Gigabyte will arrange something just before or after computex, would be quite nice indeed!
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Awesome results!
    And wtf..... That 8 Pack bloke makes Neo look as a whimp, didnt think that would be possible

We'll get hicookie drunk and make him sign a paper
    But sure hope that Gigabyte will arrange something just before or after computex, would be quite nice indeed!
    I agree m.beier, 8 pack is like neo after 8 x 6 packs of beer and he can still clock with fess on his rum.
    I have never seen cookie in action. I still have his clarksdale cold bug mod magnet to my fridge. If it wasnt for cookiehead I most likely would've never given gigabyte another chance.
    (its a long story..goes back to the DFI oscar wu a64 days.) Cookiehead's cold bug clarks mod was the reason i got back into overclocking. To see him with Deener and mad man and 8 pack makes me want to pound a six pack and refill my 35L.

I just turned 35yo on tuesday. when I blew out the candles I wished to get back into overclocking.

THIS IS THE fcking TURBOCREW!
    youngster, Deener, Madman, KK, 8pack and cookiehead!!! I wish I was there to witness this. Only thing missing is Fess with his sunglasses indoors.
    Seriously..........................
    I was in Hawaii fopr the past 5 days..
    It was very emotional. I haven't seen my family in years. During the wedding reception I get an email from Deener's (dinos22) youtube account notification...
    13 hours flight back to NY. I was reminiscing of the wedding post party and I took over the DJ. I played Strafe "set it off" Tina Turner "private dancer" and Daft punk "da funk" and a bunch of other crap I can't remember.
    Anyways I was thinking of that set list and kept watching this amazing overclock on the plane just imagining Cookiehead and Deener pouring ln2 at the same time I was pouring my beer.
    @HiCookie, "I suggest on the Left while we're left" SET IT OFF!

http://youtu.be/RDtvIc9Wres
    Last edited by trans am; 04-27-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Xtreme Legend
    haha awesome, would be cool to have a DJ like you when we bench
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Guru
    i would be honored.