Thread: Additional Post on FRAUD/SCAM ALERT ED TRICE, Liquid Nitrogen Overclocking Inc

Administrator

Additional Post on FRAUD/SCAM ALERT ED TRICE, Liquid Nitrogen Overclocking Inc

Hey everyone

I think that this is an important post to make here so as to update the community of builders with a warning about this guy/company.

It is true that for a few years I was a builder for LNO but as of last Aug 2012 I left LNO and have had nothing to do with Ed Trice or LNO after he tried to pull a scam on me and very funny stuff going on. He later got another builder involved and scammed this guy, he can post here if he wants to.

As time has gone on I have been contacted by several clients/attorneys trying to get in contact with Ed, it seems he disappeared for awhile.

Without a whole long story on my part I think these two threads started by his latest scam victim is about the most complete list of his actions yet. You can also google "Ed Trice" to see how he has scammed the chess community years ago.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179747.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=185565

I believe there was a big mess on facebooks WestCoastMods group about him so he makes the rounds and is prolly looking for another builder.

Aussie God
    Glad you left before things got all fishy, would relaly have sucked to be a part of it - and well done warning here on the forum.

Cudos Will
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Administrator
    There is no way I would ever be involved with any of that and that's the reason I left this whole mess.
    My word is worth far more then a few $'s, maybe that's why I am broke LOL

Administrator
    See the latest stuff on this scammer.

He claims on his facebook page that Brazx's F1 ln2 pot that was used as a cascade evap is his project.
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?to...139#msg1941139

Here is Manicdan's suitcase computer he built, yup claims that one as his project also. Then look a little further and you can see my Single Stage Phase unit that was built by Ron.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?to...955#msg1930955

And I wanted to chime in "5.4Ghz in 1U... easy"
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    And I wanted to chime in "5.4Ghz in 1U... easy"
    HAHAHA yeah and with no external cooling

Xtreme Addict
    I feel sorry for the people that often get swindled by characters like this, it happens even to the best of us.
    この世界には 人の運命を司る 何らかの超越的な 〝律〝...... 〝神の手〝が 存在するのだろうか? 少なくとも 人は 自らの意志さえ 自由にはできな

Xtreme 3D Team
    That guy is insane!

He could totally have used his talents to make real success... not scamming tens, hundreds of individuals!
    Smile

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    I just want to add that when all this stuff started Buckeye contacted me and filled me in on the details.
    If there is a more honorable person than Bill( Buckeye) I haven't met him yet!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme XIP
    Im glad you got out of that right on time ,you are one of the most helpful and stand up guy I know off. Bill you always do the right thing and that speaks a lot about the wonderful person you are. Seems there are so many scammers/frauds/bad business lately its just keep going downhill for some people we used to trust we our souls , to find out later not everything you hear and see is true ,at the end the true and reality always comes thru , always justice will be served at the end ,nobody is above the Law.

Administrator
    There has been an update to that bitcoin forum post, he doesn't give up it seems.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?to...029#msg2501029

From LinkedIn, way down at the bottom of that thread. Its funny to read tho if you feel like wasting time.
    http://www.linkedin.com/groups/HFT-C...e_more-0-b-cmr

Xtreme Member
    Had a lot of free time, went through the thread, Close to $50000, damn big money. The victim seems to be loaded, , though how come such a fraud went for so long is astounding. If I am not wrong, he was even associated with OCA buckeye?
    EVGA Classified (MSI XPower), 980X (i5 661, i5 680, i7 950, E8600, QX9650, E8400), Thermalright Venomous X , Kingston Hyper X 2000Mhz, MSI 480GTX (5870, 4870x2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT w/HR03GT), DELL E248WFP, CM Silent Power Pro 1000W, Seagate 1TB + 1TB + 500GB+500GB, Auzentech X-Plosion, CM Bench Station, AL 641, MX 518, New G15 Keyboard

Xtreme Addict
    Some quotes:
    Supermicro is not an established overclock vendor.

Well, not too impressive, all they did was cluster together 700,000+ cores to claim that title.
    Yeah cause clustering so many cores surely was an easy thing.

The legit comments were a nice reading, thank you.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanik View Post
    Had a lot of free time, went through the thread, Close to $50000, damn big money. The victim seems to be loaded, , though how come such a fraud went for so long is astounding. If I am not wrong, he was even associated with OCA buckeye?
    Yes back in the day it was OCA where he first showed up. After a bit Kal gave him the boot.

Administrator
    Interesting.... just received a phone call from Delaware Title Loan (This is an auto loan company) asking for me.

I said how can I help you ?

Do you know a Mr. Ed Trice ?
    Yes how can I help you ?
    Mr. Trice put down in his loan paper work that we could call you if we are having trouble contacting Mr. Trice...
    I left Mr. Ed's company almost a year ago and have had no contact with him in almost a year, how ever old clients, attorneys and other people he has scammed have been contacting me ...

Oh really !!!!

Maybe Mr. Ed hasn't made his Red Viper car payments and has gone AWOL.... REPO time

Why is he using me as a contact in loan documents ?

Xtreme 3D Team
    Because he is bitter toward you, he wants you to suffer in the wake of his failure

Like I said, Ed Trice and Ariel Castro would be good buds.
    Smile

Administrator
    I guess so Sam.

Like I said it's the gift that keeps on giving