Thread: Dead Island Riptide

Xtreme Addict

Dead Island Riptide

I just played it a bit.
    Game is working...
    Controller is not working right, all the buttons seemed to be mapped right but the axis's are backwards.
    No amount of configuring will fix it.

Noticed they recycled voice samples at the beginning where that lady said "get it off me", talking to a human, that's lame and cheap.
    But at least the game runs so I cant complain much except for the darned controller not working right on release...
    God d2mn that ticks me off when they don't have the controller working.
    So much for inviting buddies over to play the game, that's a nogo.

Anyways I beat the 1st mission and thats all I've done so far.

Edit:
    Got my controller working in this game, I need to check some of the other games that have simuler issues.
    Some games work and some don't...

Wanna guess what it was?
    It was my razor mouse, if I have it plugged in on any usb port at all, the controller acts up in some games.
    If I unplug just the mouse, its fine.
    I don't have any software for it installed, just the generic ms mouse driver that auto installed.

What in the world am I supposed to do about this, throw my mouse in the garbage?
    Beats me, I just know the generic mouse driver isn't gonna cut it anymore.
    It's no wonder I didn't have any probs before in the past and all the sudden I do now, ever since I got the new mouse apparently...
    At least I figured it out lol .
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 04-24-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    I've been trying to play this game for the last 2 days.
    I get to a point where if I enter a cave, or building of some sorts and then exit and try to explore more it'll crash everytime.
    Tried restarting the game from scratch a few times, same prob.

This is the same prob I have with the original dead island these days.
    When it 1st came out, no probs, after a few updates no longer playable.

Does anyone else have crash probs mid game on dead island riptide?
    1st game I was 2hrs into and the save is screwed, when I exit the cave it's saved in and walk a little ways it crashes.
    2nd save, the same, 3rd I just started and I'm getting sick of the game already .

It's probably my system, I don't know what the heck is up with it.
    Psu makes a squealing noise non stop, controller only works on some games, works on others if I unplug the mouse before starting a game.
    And some games the controller won't work right regardless, like sr3, all the buttons and axis's are backwards.
    Dead island riptide crashes after the boat mission in the beginning if I take a left instead of a right, when using the controller.
    When using the mouse instead it doesn't crash at that point but it still crashes after leaving any building or cave, etc.

Some games like gtavc and gtasa don't even start, tomb raider, batman, etc.
    I'm deeply frustrated, wondering if I get a new cpu/board and psu if these probs will go away.
    Already got a new psu a while back and that was a poor choice.
    Pretty much sick of computing in general because of all the probs I've had with this asus/amd setup.
    Done tried a fresh os too, didn't help at all.
    :\