Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XFX 7970 cooler problem

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimInalA View Post
    I am still talking to XFX about this case , but they are indeed not looking at all to have satisfied customers .. . I've told them the way they treat customers is hurting their business , but they still say they handle all RMA's like this and they think nothing is wrong with it .
    I've been asking for a responsible to contact me , but I'm not being contacted at all . So not sure if the casetaker (Wade) actually is escalating this really .

Put this up against for example Swiftech RMA service (which is su-perb. Not trough retailers , constructive , fast , customer minded) , and I don't get how XFX can still be in business .
    AMD should really stop shipping XFX more GPU's .
    you can always try to find email of ceo or another high level manager and mail to them directly. it worked for me many times.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    you can always try to find email of ceo or another high level manager and mail to them directly. it worked for me many times.

kromosto , after your post I have started looking intensively for someone to email this to and I think I have found the name of the Vice president of XFX Europe . I'm guessing his email , and hope my email will arrive .

Sometimes companies just don't care though . I have a topic in the nvidia forums where I could finally reach a manager at PNY , but he was too lazy to look into it and just showed me the middle finger actually . But let's see how this XFX case turns out . We're talking about an AMD product here , right ?!

Main rig 1: Corsair Carbide 400R 4x120mm Papst 4412GL - 1x120mm Noctua NF-12P -!- PC Power&Cooling Silencer MK III 750W Semi-Passive PSU -!- Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H -!- Intel i7 4790K -!- Swiftech H220 pull 2x Papst 4412 F/2GP -!- 4x4gb Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1866Mhz CAS9 1.5V (D9PFJ) -!- 1Tb Samsung 840 EVO SSD -!- AMD RX 480 to come -!- Windows 10 pro x64 -!- Samsung S27A850D 27" + Samsung 2443BW 24" -!- Sennheiser HD590 -!- Logitech G19 -!- Microsoft Sidewinder Mouse -!- Fragpedal -!- Eaton Ellipse MAX 1500 UPS .

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Contact the Better Business Bureau in your area and file a complaint, or any local consumer protection service for that matter.

Had similar issue with Asus but in regards to a sound card. They no longer make/market/sell those products. I lost about $600 in the deal but Asus wont ever see another penny from my pocket! Bunch of lying ass thieves who could care less about their customers and are wholely intent on marketing their hyped products to the masses. At inflated prices. Regardless if they are fully functional or not.

Fok you Asus & your s#1t staff! "Did you try updating the driver?" LoL FaQ Asus. Update your business, it aint the 80's anymore and greed is NOT good. No matter what Mr.Gecko said. :o

/mini rant
    q9550 @ 444 x 8.5 1.3v - Venomous X
    p5q DLX
    Ocz RPR 1066 4 x 2g @ 1066
    eah5870 V2 @ 920/1250 - HR-03gt
    Antec Fusion Remote MAX
    Xonar HDAV1.3
    Ocz zx850w

Xtreme Member
    Wow, Asus lost my RMAd motherboard and they just sent me a brand-new one...THE RIGHT THING TO DO in this circumstance. It's not your fault it was faulty and it's not your fault they lost it.... Don't deal with XFX anymore...they make the worst non-reference AMD cards and even their reference ones seem to be hit and miss. And their warranty service has no integrity, they tried to be what EVGA is to Nvidia with big warranty promises and then realized..."oh crap, we can't warranty all these cards if we are cutting corners in Q.C. and half of them are coming back defective..." .

XFX is an embarrassment to AMD and should be dropped from the team!
    Custom case laser cut from a 3/16" thick sheet of brushed Aluminum 8"x80" & cold formed into a box then anodized black with 1/2" Poly-carbonate side panels..[.fully modular, all aluminum mounting brackets, HD bays, and mobo tray are removable...down to the bare box
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --Intel 3770k @4.2 GHz De-lided and I soldered an Arctic Twin Turbo to the Intel.
    --MSI R7970 3GB @1150, 1500 cooled with an Arctic Accelero Xtreme--
    --G.SKILL Ripjaws @2400 MHz --
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --128 GB Sandisk UltraPlus is was only $59 new! Seagate 1TB HD--
    --Samsung S23A750D 120Hz monitor--
    --Razer Tarantula-- keyboard, yes it is like 8 years old!
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    --Klipsh Promedia 2.1-- I rock stereo speakers the way they were meant to be rocked
    -- 100% Fun ...

Does it ever shock anyone else when your hear someone use Darwin's "survival of the fittest" to justify genocide?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    There is a European directive that should have been transferred to Belgian law a long time ago that states that you are entitled to have your money refunded after 1 month has passed after you delivered the goods at your retailer.

kromosto , after your post I have started looking intensively for someone to email this to and I think I have found the name of the Vice president of XFX Europe . I'm guessing his email , and hope my email will arrive .

Sometimes companies just don't care though . I have a topic in the nvidia forums where I could finally reach a manager at PNY , but he was too lazy to look into it and just showed me the middle finger actually . But let's see how this XFX case turns out . We're talking about an AMD product here , right ?!
    It's a pity my company doesn't work anymore directly with XFX, if not I could get the email you needed in a second. Anyway, from what you say I suppose you are talking about Marnie Sutton, I think you could have more luck trying to contact Marc Goldluecke that is the manager for your region, I couldn't find his email, you could try to guess it as well, but I can tell you can easily find it in skype and try to contact through there.

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by DefStar View Post
    Wow, Asus lost my RMAd motherboard and they just sent me a brand-new one...THE RIGHT THING TO DO in this circumstance. It's not your fault it was faulty and it's not your fault they lost it.... Don't deal with XFX anymore...they make the worst non-reference AMD cards and even their reference ones seem to be hit and miss. And their warranty service has no integrity, they tried to be what EVGA is to Nvidia with big warranty promises and then realized..."oh crap, we can't warranty all these cards if we are cutting corners in Q.C. and half of them are coming back defective..." .

XFX is an embarrassment to AMD and should be dropped from the team!
    Sounds like you got lucky.

I'm sitting on over $1000 of dead Asus HW currently.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Thank you all for helping .

Quote Originally Posted by st0ned View Post
    There is a European directive that should have been transferred to Belgian law a long time ago that states that you are entitled to have your money refunded after 1 month has passed after you delivered the goods at your retailer.
    That is true , but the company has to be in business for that and they are bankrupt .

Quote Originally Posted by KiSUAN View Post
    It's a pity my company doesn't work anymore directly with XFX, if not I could get the email you needed in a second. Anyway, from what you say I suppose you are talking about Marnie Sutton, I think you could have more luck trying to contact Marc Goldluecke that is the manager for your region, I couldn't find his email, you could try to guess it as well, but I can tell you can easily find it in skype and try to contact through there.
    Yes it was Marnie Sutton I've sent the email to . I might try Marc Goldluecke and see .. .

Main rig 1: Corsair Carbide 400R 4x120mm Papst 4412GL - 1x120mm Noctua NF-12P -!- PC Power&Cooling Silencer MK III 750W Semi-Passive PSU -!- Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H -!- Intel i7 4790K -!- Swiftech H220 pull 2x Papst 4412 F/2GP -!- 4x4gb Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1866Mhz CAS9 1.5V (D9PFJ) -!- 1Tb Samsung 840 EVO SSD -!- AMD RX 480 to come -!- Windows 10 pro x64 -!- Samsung S27A850D 27" + Samsung 2443BW 24" -!- Sennheiser HD590 -!- Logitech G19 -!- Microsoft Sidewinder Mouse -!- Fragpedal -!- Eaton Ellipse MAX 1500 UPS .

Xtreme Mentor

Good luck!!! From my experiences i discovered that we are having issues with companies because the people we can connect doesn't have the authorization for solving our little and easy problems. They can only solve problems which are defined to them, they don't/can't use initiative. And because they don't carry this problems to the higher level persons that have enough authorization some times we can't solve our problem or it took very very long time to solve.

There are some examples like the pny guy you described. Hopefully XFX guy won't be the same.

Yes it was Marnie Sutton I've sent the email to . I might try Marc Goldluecke and see .. .
    Also, I don't know the domain you are using to guess, the correct one is "@xfxforce.com"

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by KiSUAN View Post
    Also, I don't know the domain you are using to guess, the correct one is "@xfxforce.com"
    Can't find his xfxforce address anywhere . I've sent the mail to his gmx and goldluecke.com account .

Xtreme Member
    I did get lucky, the board had two broken pins which they would have never supported.
    Custom case laser cut from a 3/16" thick sheet of brushed Aluminum 8"x80" & cold formed into a box then anodized black with 1/2" Poly-carbonate side panels..[.fully modular, all aluminum mounting brackets, HD bays, and mobo tray are removable...down to the bare box
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --Intel 3770k @4.2 GHz De-lided and I soldered an Arctic Twin Turbo to the Intel.
    --MSI R7970 3GB @1150, 1500 cooled with an Arctic Accelero Xtreme--
    --G.SKILL Ripjaws @2400 MHz --
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --128 GB Sandisk UltraPlus is was only $59 new! Seagate 1TB HD--
    --Samsung S23A750D 120Hz monitor--
    --Razer Tarantula-- keyboard, yes it is like 8 years old!
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    --Klipsh Promedia 2.1-- I rock stereo speakers the way they were meant to be rocked
    -- 100% Fun ...

Does it ever shock anyone else when your hear someone use Darwin's "survival of the fittest" to justify genocide?

Xtreme Cruncher
    I've got a reply :

Please understand the following:
    -Our customer is shop Y, not shop X
    -We have no power of who handles what, everybody has their own T?s + C?s and we cannot be made reliable for each bankruptcy.
    -You have a contract with shop X , so this is the one you should have been turning to. We cannot support each customer damaged by them, as we totally fulfilled our duties towards our customer ?Shop Y.

However, as you put so much effort and time into keeping this issue up I can offer you a 6850 + some gamecodes as a good will solution, but this is the very best we can do here.

Please let me know if you do want this card and if yes, where to ship it to.

Thx + BR
    I thought I was their customer ?!
    They seem to forget they explicitely denied my direct RMA request and redirected me to shop X . I just followed their instructions , so the complete RMA process is their responsibility .
    Then , a 6850 huh <--> 7970 ?

I've sent them a polite mail back .
    Last edited by CrimInalA; 11-29-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    I've got a reply :

I thought I was their customer ?!
    They seem to forget they explicitely denied my direct RMA request and redirected me to shop X . I just followed their instructions , so the complete RMA process is their responsibility .
    Then , a 6850 huh <--> 7970 ?

I've sent them a polite mail back .
    I will not tell which brand it is (not even an electronics company) but i had a similar issue with their support too as yours. If i put their mails on the internet they will be on a very bad position but the problem is they even can't realize how stupid their answers are. They tried to bargain with you OMG. They shouldn't let these kind of people reply to customers at the first hand.

Maybe it is late but my advice is never be polite, of course never be rude too but never stop pointing how unlogical their comments are.

And i am sorry but i can't speak for others but they lost me as a customer too.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I like to inform people about how companies behave . This way people can make better choices buying products , and put harm companies that are not customer friendly or even put them out of business .

I even have a small section on my website where i put positive and negative companies that I encounter (a few of them) . It's a work in progress though (http://clark.skybed.be) .

This is the mail i sent them back . Whether it's too polite or not , I let everyone decide for themselves .
    I'm not really looking to get a video card back from them per se . Just want to let them think over their actions .

I have to thank you both for your quick response and your concern .

Please understand the following :
    - In the end Shop Y is not your customer , I am spending my money on your products .
    - I have followed the RMA instructions of XFX to the letter as I always do . If this is the way XFX has set up their RMA business (going trough retailers and denying direct RMA’s) , then XFX is responsible for their RMA proces .
    - Being an IT manager myself , I have done my fair share of RMA requests . Swiftech , Apple , Gainward (to name a few consumer products like XFX) etc. are all accepting direct RMA and I have never had any trouble with them . Always as fast , constructive , to the point , customer friendly as possible .

Now let’s be honest , I’m a gamer and while I appreciate the effort the 6850 is not a videocard that is meant for gaming at all . It is completely out of the league of the 7970 which I have sent back . I still have an XFX 6950 around (as I said earlier I’m buying XFX topcards for years) , but even that is too slow for my gaming (27” monitor 2560 resolution) .
    What I would appreciate instead is that XFX returns my faulty 7970 card (with the broken cooler) , so I can buy a cooler and replace it myself and hopefully have a working card again that I can put to use .
    Last edited by CrimInalA; 12-02-2013 at 03:14 AM.

Xtreme Guru
    they will milk this for another 3 months. jerks.
    mobo: strix b350f
    gpu: rx580 1366/2000
    cpu: ryzen 1700 @ 3.8ghz
    ram: 32 gb gskill 2400 @ 3000
    psu: coarsair 1kw
    hdd's: samsung 500gb ssd 1tb & 3tb hdd

Xtreme Mentor
    nice answer it contains everything that should make them ashamed of themselves but i am not sure if the person who sent you the email can understand this.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Great news from Vera Derksen on behalf of Marc Goldluecke .

Please send your request to: info@xfxshop.co.uk

Mit freundlichen Gr??en,
    Best Regards,

Great .. , but it gets even better :

don't get me wrong here, but the issue is legaly on YOUR side. If you go for a XFX authorized reseller you will not have the issue that he titts up.
    Take the chance to get our good will.

No other brand will probably offer this in your case.

Brgs Marc
    So I look up the XFX authorized resellers in both Belgium and The Netherlands :

For people not knowing ,
    Vera Derksen is Sales Account Executive Central Europe .
    Marc Goldluecke is Regional Sales Manager Central Europe .

Last edited by CrimInalA; 12-11-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    pffttt " No other brand will probably offer this in your case."

no other brand would have had this issue to begin with!
    mobo: strix b350f
    gpu: rx580 1366/2000
    cpu: ryzen 1700 @ 3.8ghz
    ram: 32 gb gskill 2400 @ 3000
    psu: coarsair 1kw
    hdd's: samsung 500gb ssd 1tb & 3tb hdd

c[_]
    so, any resolution yet?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by i found nemo View Post
    pffttt " No other brand will probably offer this in your case."

no other brand would have had this issue to begin with!
    Exactly what i was thinking too haha . Altough i did not tell that to them as it would get me into an endless discussion .

Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    so, any resolution yet?
    Hello , I wanted to wait with new updates till everything is finalized . At the moment , it more or less is .

After I've sent the screenshots showing there is no official XFX authorized reseller around , cracking down his statement of saying "you would not have these problems if you would have bought from an XFX authorized reseller" to both Marc and Vera but also to Marnie (CEO) .

I’m not sure if I understand this correctly . I’m not a native English speaker as I live in Belgium , however I try my best .

Are you stating that XFX does not recommend anyone buying the product in a normal shop as I did , but from an XFX autohorized reseller instead ? I have not heard anything like this before from any other company (both professionally and personally) so this is new to me . Can you make this clear for any future purchases I need to make . In case XFX comes up with a decent replacement and is able to keep me as a loyal customer that is .
    How do I recognize such a reseller ? It seems none exist in Belgium . Also none in The Netherlands . I took screenshots of the white space that comes up and attached them below .
    Are your products not meant for Belgium customers ?

Also , Marc , what is info@xfxshop.co.uk ? To me it seems like just a general email address , yet Vera thinks they can do something for me ? If they can relocate my RMA’d card for me , It would be logical that you contact them and keep me in copy of the progress . As said before , I would be even “happy” to try and fix the cooler of this card myself .

After that I did not get any response from any of the parties . Complete silence . Then without any mail saying "we're passing the case to another person/department" , or "yes sorry we don't have any resellers in Belgium so my statement was not valid" , I get an email from info@xfxshop.co.uk . The mail they got from someone within XFX seemed to not have the half assed reply from Marc , and also not my reply showing there are no dealers in my country . Someone must have felt stupid there maybe .
    The reply I got from xfxshop :

Good morning

The XFX team in Central Europe do not have access to RMA replacement products and so have passed this case on to us.

Whilst I can see how frustrated you are; please understand that XFX sells its products to Etailers and distributors at a discounted price in order for them to provide local sales & support. In the event of a bankruptcy we really cannot be held responsible. The title of goods and warranty is passed onto the direct customer from XFX. XFX in turn fully supports their direct customers with warranty and technical support. We expect them to pass on this support to consumers.

XFX SHOP is the only direct sale window to consumers. Consumers buy from us and we do therefore support direct. This is why you have been forwarded here.

In a gesture of goodwill, although we did not sell you the product, we can offer you the following options for replacement.

1. We can send you a 7970
    2. We can offer you a credit of ?220.00 with free shipping to purchase anything from www.xfxshop.co.uk

In both cases we would require the faulty card to be sent back to us so we can repair it. They don't even seem to know they already have my card for 8 months !

I look forward to your reply

Regards
    XFX SHOP UK
    And again it's my fault that they put a broken cooler on the card , did not send a replacement card but gave money to another party and so on .. . Ah well .
    So I checked there website , which has only old type of cards it seems . Fex they dont have 7990,7870,R9 series,R7 260(X),black editions,boost editions,reference cooler designs .. very very limited .
    I have asked him a few questions regarding who passed the case to him , what the difference is between them and a normal reseller .. . I only got an answer to 25% of my questions every time , and the guy I communicated with was very unpunctual . I've asked 3 times who was responsible for "fixing" the case , never got an answer . So eventually I just took a 7850 and a 7770 and did not bother any further communicating with this person , or trying to make them see the whole process could have handled a lot better in many stages of the RMA .

What I did get out of it is :
    - I have to pay for international RMA shipping and RMA handling goes trough xfxshop.co.uk (not like Swiftech or apple for example where they send a courier to pick up your broken goods)
    - I do not get any better service buying from an authorized reseller compared to a normal reseller (what Marc said was a lie)
    - I do not get an invoice of the replacement cards
    - I only get 1 year warranty on the cards

In the end they still are convinced they are not the ones to blame for anything . The case could not be handled anything better at any stage during the 8 month period and they just want to get rid of me cause i'm a pain in the butt .

Conclusion : While I've drawn my conclusion , I think people on this forum are educated enough to make their own conclusion . Not only about this particular case , but about their RMA proces , about the quality of their products and about XFX as a company .

I all wish to thank you for your interest , your help and your support .
    Last edited by CrimInalA; 01-05-2014 at 01:19 AM.

c[_]

Xtreme Member
    Wow, just wow. This has certainly opened my eyes. I think I will stay away from XFX products in the future. Cannot believe they treated you like this.

Xtreme Addict
    After reading your posts CrimInalA re XFX I have come to the conclusion that the best thing that could happen for all concerned would be for XFX to die a well deserved death.............sooner being better than later

XFX seem to have flooded the market here in AU recently with cards from 7850 to R290x models, I was 'lucky' enough to buy the top of the range XFX 7970 DD for the very cheeep price of $330 (which included delivery) last year but from day one its had issues with screen flicker that seems unfixable (yes, I know my way around hardware/software)

I only bought the XFX card to satisfy my 'pooter addiction and in reality have no need these days for such a powerfull card so luckily it will have an easy life running @ default/idle but it pains me to think of all the ppl buying cards from such a disreputable company/brand
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Addict
    Your way too nice CrimInalA I would have burned that bridge and never looked back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12