Thread: E@H CPU usage

[Resolved] E@H CPU usage

I monitor my computers with BoincTasks. It is indicating that the E@H GPU tasks are only using 2 to 10 percent of the CPU. I have the setting at 1C + 1ATI and 1C + 1NV. It is taking 40 minutes real time to do 4 minutes of CPU work on average. Is this a problem? If so, how do I fix it? My WCG GPU tasks take 10 minutes to do 4 minutes of CPU work and that is at a setting of 0.2C + 0.2ATI.

Thanks for the assist.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 04-20-2013 at 07:00 PM.

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer" [Douglas Adams (11 March 1952 - 11 May 2001)]

Xtreme Cruncher
    It's my understanding that E@H only offloads the bulk of the processing to the GPU. There are still some mathy things that the WU require that GPUs can't handle.
    Hope this helps.

I'm almost always available on Steam to chat. Same username.

I queried Fred at BOINCTasks about showing the GPU usage percentage like it does the CPU percentage. He said he'd take a look to see if it were possible, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer" [Douglas Adams (11 March 1952 - 11 May 2001)]

Thread resolved.