Thread: Swiftech PWM Splitter help...

Xtreme Member

Swiftech PWM Splitter help...

Okay, I feel ridiculous. Maybe you guys can help me, while getting a chuckle

I have a PWM splitter, it is a simple "Y". I can not mess this up. Two PWM cables from the 35X goes in one end, then the other end goes to the CPU fan header.

This Swiftech one I just got is an "H".

I assume the two pumps go on the one end. The the 4 PIN one goes to the CPU fan header.

Well, what about the extra 3 PIN? What purpose does it serve? Am I making to big of a deal of it? Is it just to report the speed of the second pump?
    Last edited by Slave1974; 04-03-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Which extra 3-pin are you talking about? I don't quite follow you, but I'll try to explain how this works: The PWM splitter gets power from the larger 4-pin molex connector (with only two wires in it), as do MCP35X pumps. The smaller 4-pin fan-like connector of the MP35X and the PWM splitter just forward the RPM signal and pass on the PWM signal. So if you want to connect two MCP35X to a Swiftech PWM splitter you should connect the big molex connectors of your pumps to your PSU, and then the small fan connectors to the PWM splitter, which you then connect to a motherboard fan header. You will only need to connect the big molex of the PWM splitter to the PSU if you also run fans of it, as the pumps draw power only from the PSU.

Xtreme Member
    you can split PWM but you can't split RPM signals, either we choose to ignore it (not plug this 3pin) or we choose to plug it in any header to get the RPM reading for the second pump. That 3 pin is optional.

For reference: our 8-channel PWM splitter only has 1 4-pin input, and the RPM reading is the one from channel 1 (where you would connect your pump)

Xtreme Member
    Okay, I think I get it. Just plug both the pumps into the one end, then plug the other 4 pin to the CPU part to control the PWM, and the other one into a 3 pin to monitor the speed of the second pump.