Thread: MSI PM8M3-V and Celeron D 336

Red face MSI PM8M3-V and Celeron D 336

Since Im forced to use this older board, I do wonder, what some settings really means and are there for. I did not like the NetBurst architecture much, however I'm deeply concerned when double memory sticks run as "single channel", despite my attempts to choose in BIOS the "INTERLEAVE: 2 BANK" settings. Or even 4 bank, did not matter, Everest still reporting single channel...

And the memory act accordingly slow.

The very same do report CPU-Z:

But I swear that I set in the BIOS 1T Command rate and Interleave: 2 bank...

Also it reports on the memory the "RRD" (that is the TRRD, right?) as 2 by SPD, where I have set TRRD as 3... So it make me wonder, why this is kinda slow... Also I cannot seems to find any suggested timings for the TRTP - 2(?) and TWTR - 1(?) settings for OCZP4001G sticks (2x 1G), but much more interesting (altrough it sure won't be any huge speed-up hit) is the BIOS settings "RDSAIT mode." Set to AUTO or manual, where the later offer settings from 0000 to 003F... but what the hell is does I cannot read anywhere. Anyone have this information?

Any ideas, what to do with such mainboard? BIOS: Award BIOS Message W7211VMS V1.4 011306 11:35:04
    Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.

Xtreme Addict
    Is the board a "dual-channel" memory board? Some older boards do not support dual-channel even though they do use/have two or four memory slots.

Okay , this page says it's "Single channel" memory.

http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/mo...8MS-7211%2529/
    Asus Rampage II Gene, Xeon W3550 D0 Mushkin PC3-2000 6GB, BFG 9600GT OC 512MB DDR3
    Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe 1.01G, AMD A64 4000+, 2x1GB Ultra PC-3200, EVGA 7600GT 256MB DDR3
    Asus MA378-T with AMD Athlon 64 X2 7850
    ECS 945GCT-M/1333 v3.0, Intel Celeron E1400, MSI 8500GT 256MB DDR3
    BIOStar P4M900-M7 Rev. 7.0, Intel Celeron 440, 1GB Kingston, 6600LE
    Gigabyte M61PME-S2P with AMD Athlon 64 LE-1660, EVGA 8500GT 1GB DDR2

So, the dreadfully slow memory performance is therefore normal... uh, oh. Looks like the "Supports 8X V-Link" is overrated a bit Why then bios have the INTERLEAVE settings is beyond my understanding...

Still I wonder what is the RDSAIT mode option and if it can be tweaked for some performance, same goes for the TRRD, TRTP and TWTR settings. Tough main speed improvement was achieved by the basic settings changed from 2,5-3-2-5 to 2-3-3-7, IIRC. Not sure about stability at this setting, tough...

Also I have no idea, why the command rate is 2T, when I set in the bios clearly 1T...
    Last edited by caps_buster; 04-02-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Um dude Bank Interleave has absolutely nothing to do with if the board has a dual channel memory controller or a single channel memory controller. If i remember right bank interleave lets it access more than 1 bank of memory per cycle so the 2 bank setting allows your memory to access 2 banks per cylce and 4 bank would allow 4 banks to be accessed per cycle. It will help some in real world tasks.
    File Server

Super Old system
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=371866

Good point, thanks. Tried 8 banks and the computer never boot again, LOL. Settled with 4 banks and things seems to work rather well. Except the speed that is still somewhat slow anyway. Checked the bios and it got ton's of hidden options, but none looks promising as far, as the speed goes...