Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Valve showed something big at GDC

Xtreme Enthusiast
    People (including myself) have been cheering and getting excited for HL3 for almost a decade now. I'm all cheered out. All of the Half-Life series, and Valve itself, is the new 'Duke Nukem Forever'. I'll only believe and get excited about something from them once its in my Steam account or in my hand.

Xtremeish
    Who cares how long Valve takes bring it out, there are plenty of games to play and things to do. We aren't waiting for it, we are anticipating it. I hope.

They have talked about it, Gaben is somewhat open as to why they are holding the cards so tight to themselves:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm9mxvQbrdw

But why is it taking so long? Mostly because Valve work on a lot of stuff on the side as well, like Steam, other releases, and the Source 2 Engine. The most important reason however is that Valve don't really worry about release dates, given their superposition of being both publisher and developer while having "infinite-money". See Valve Time for an indication of self awareness and humour.
    It has been 6 years since Episode 2 came out, so you can safely admit that "it's about time!".
    Last edited by Kallenator; 04-01-2013 at 03:39 AM.
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Xtreme Mentor
    i think i am one of the few people who didn't liked any valve game. only good thing for me from valve is steam so let's see if this time can they take my attention.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    i think i am one of the few people who didn't liked any valve game. only good thing for me from valve is steam so let's see if this time can they take my attention.
    valve games ...

i don't know how somebody can dislike them ...

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by madcho View Post
    valve games ...

i don't know how somebody can dislike them ...
    I don't like any of the Half Life games. Boring as hell. I do love TF2 thou.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

NooB MOD
    If you do something, make sure it doesn’t suck. You can do something, and if it’s behind schedule, people may think--only for a while--‘okay, it’s late.’ But if you do something and it just sucks, they’ll remember that forever and they won’t care that you did your job on time.
    - Gabe Newell

My personal opinion, take as long as you like if it guarantees that the game will have as much of an impact on me as the previous HL games did.
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Oj101 View Post
    - Gabe Newell

My personal opinion, take as long as you like if it guarantees that the game will have as much of an impact on me as the previous HL games did.
    He forgot to say "but don't take too long or you'll end up being just a memory". Half Life had an impact on me, HL2 was a bit meh & the Episodes are a lie wrapped in PR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12