Thread: ati and DX problems?

Xtreme Enthusiast

ati and DX problems?

okay, so im having an issue right now, with battlefield 3, after a little play time (the latest attempt being 5 seconds, but ranging from that to 10 minutes) the game freezes, and when i alt tab out, after it takes a minute to get to the desktop, there is a direct x error box. unfortunately i cant copy paste it, but next time it happens, and im sure it will, i'll type it out and post it.

I'm mostly wondering if this is a common problem at the moment? or if maybe there are 3rd party drivers for the newer cards? i have a 7970 OC from gigabyte. the only 3rd party drivers im finding with google are for old 4k series cards.
    emptiness

Xtreme Enthusiast
    DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with
    DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed
    commands.. GPU: "AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series", Driver: 13.1
    (9.012-121219a-154611C-ATI)

anybody know what this means? also i've learned it only happens on the new maps
    emptiness

Possibly try uninstalling the driver and re installing it. You might want to use one of those driver sweeper programs that get rid of all traces of the driver before re installing the driver. Maybe try using the new Catalyst 13.3 beta drivers on AMD's web site. Is your card overclocked? If you search on google for: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed commands You will find that other people have had the same issue and can read about how they got it working.
    File Server

Super Old system
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=371866