Thread: Bioshock Infinite

Xtreme Addict

Bioshock Infinite

Hey, is anyone else checking out this game?
    /rhetorical

Here's my setup running it in Nvidia Surround:

Bioshock Infinite Gameplay - Nvidia Surround - GTX 480 SLI:

Runs very well and looks great, even on Normal settings!
    \Project\ Triple Surround Fury
    Case:
    Mountain Mods Ascension (modded)
    CPU: i7 920 @ 4GHz + EK Supreme HF (plate #1)
    GPU: GTX 670 3-Way SLI + XSPC Razor GTX670 water blocks
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage III Extreme + EK FB R3E water block
    RAM: 3x 2GB Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback DDR3 @ 6-8-6-24 1T
    SSD: Crucial M4 256GB, 0309 firmware
    PSU: 2x Corsair HX1000s on separate circuits
    LCD: 3x ASUS VW266H 26" Nvidia Surround @ 6030 x 1200
    Games: AoE II: HD, BF4, MKKE, MW2 via FourDeltaOne (Domination all day!)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mid UK. Lift a few rocks, eventually you will find me.
    I am enjoying the game, I am playing it on the hardest difficulty and find it frustrating that when fighting more than 2 enemies I am dead before I suss out the direction the fire is coming from. Running and gunning usually means a quick death. Some of the enemies take half a dozen head shots before they die, depending on the weapon in use. Running and hiding often works best.

Graphics are for the most part very good but some textures are very poor close up, vegetables and flowers for instance. Some of the environments are really gorgeous.

There are a lot of complaints on the Steam forum for this game about many issues but I haven't had a single problem. I have the quality maxed and I haven't noticed any stuttering, frame rate issues or crashes.

I have enabled VSync. Without it I get 95%+ GPU usage, my card gets hot and I can hear the fan.
    Capped @ 60FPS the GPU usage is less than 60% and I never hear the fan.
    Fun Box: Asus P8Z68-V GEN3++Corsair AX850++i5 2500k@4.5Ghz-1.272v++Corsair A50++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++MSI R7970 Lightning++Audigy2 Plat-EX++TBS 6280 DVB-T2 tuner++256Gb OCZ Vertex 4.500Gb Caviar Black.500Gb Seagate Barracuda++Sony AD7240s++Lian-Li PC-60++Linux Mint/Win 7++Asus P238Q

Work Box: Gigabyte H61MA-DV3++Corsair HX620++i5 3450@stock++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++120Gb OCZ Agility 3++Linux Mint

Quantum theory in a nutshell: It's so small we don't know where it is, it could be here, it could be there.

Just 'cos it's legal don't make it right.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    There are some complaints but to me it seems well coded, lots of people are playing with high and above visuals on older hardware. Fun game so far, playing on hard.
    slowpoke:
    mm ascension
    gigabyte x58a-ud7
    980x@4.4ghz (29x152) 1.392 vcore 24/7
    corsair dominator gt 6gb 1824mhz 7-7-7-19
    2xEVGA GTX TITAN
    storage: samsung 2tb f3
    cooling:
    loop1: mcp350>pa120.4>ek supreme hf
    loop2: mcp355>2xpa120.3>>ek nb/sb
    22x scythe s-flex "F"

i have it maxed out at 1920x1200 but with 4xmsaa enabled from the config instead of the fxaa in the options. it plays great and i have had no slow downs. i just finished the factory and it has gone swimmingly.

there is a guy i talk to on the vent i use, and he has a 6850. the game will not him use anything in the options higher than low for texture options. it seams like a common problem with amd dx11 cards running on windows 7 x64.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

XS News
    I'm having random slow downs or chugs at random points, like literally I was backtracking to an area I already killed everything then there was a 1-1.5sec pause/ and the game resumed. Outside of that the game runs super smooth. (apparently this is an issued they refer to as transitioning)

As previous poster sez I am also playing it on hard and I'm finding it maddeningly hard not even mildly hard. Mobs are super strong, or just don't die, I'm usually dead before I know I'm getting shot at. If I get rushed they're all over me killing me w/o a seconds notice so its just me using a lot of re spawns and trying to chuck fireballs at them so I can live (Only made it to the first "boss" that disappears)

I've also noticed that certain things will have abysmally low textures, what gives on that? Bug or oversight?

Currently @ 2560x1440 res all max'd out
    i7-3820
    SB Z
    16GB 2200
    GTX690
    1KW Lazer

Xtreme Addict
    Getting some choppiness every now and then, but its rare enough for it not to affect game play. Other than that it runs smoothly.
    Playing on Normal difficulty, and it feels a bit too easy depending on what weapon you use. But IIRC harder difficulty settings where really unforgiving in BS 1 and 2, so perhaps they've kept it that way.
    Graphically, if they didn't have their somewhat unique art style to fall back on, it would feel extremely dated. It still does at times, and in some areas you really wish it had some juicy dx11 stuff.. But over all its good enough for what they are trying to do, I guess.

Wont comment on the story yet, but its mostly just been weird so far
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    AMD FX-8350
    AMD ref. HD 6950 2Gb x 2
    4x4Gb HyperX T1
    Corsair AX1200
    3 x Alphacool triple, 2 x Alphacool ATXP 6970/50, EK D5 dual top, EK Supreme HF

Xtreme Guru
    great game.. mindfook from start to the end of the credits

Xtreme Mentor
    Great game, great story.

Also got some lags but it seems due to disk access when discover a new area, when going back after loading, framerate is good.
    Game needs to be optimized regarding this problem.

I'm tryin' the hardcore mode now
    Last edited by Olivon; 04-01-2013 at 03:53 AM.

Xtreme XIP
    Awsome game , have not stop playing this one since I got my hands on it , gameplay its very good , I like the weirdness and twisted story of this game.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just wanted to tell you guys, anybody that thinks about it, play this game.It starts good, then becomes very good, and at the end its jaw dropping.Deserved 9/10.
    Intel 5960X@4.2Ghz[Prime stable]@4.5 [XTU stable] 1.24v NB@3.6ghz Asrock X99 Extreme 3 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance@3200 16-17-17
    Sapphire nitro+ VEGA 56 Samsung SSD 850 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB HDD:WD10TB WD:8TB Seagate8TB

Xtreme Mentor
    ok i have other games to play and decided to buy infinite at the first discount but thats enough i will get it tonight

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Member
    I just finished it on normal, probably going thru on hard. Great game, I did get a bunch of random slowdown and choppiness on my GTX580 even with the new released drivers.

Game was great, kind of lost at the ending though.
    i7 940/Rampage 2 Extreme/Corsair 6g Dominator/Corsair HX100W/GTX 580/SSD

Xtreme Addict
    Smashed this game in two sittings over two nights, love it from start to finish.

-PB
    -Project Sakura-
    Intel i7 860 @ 4.0Ghz, Asus Maximus III Formula, 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws X F3 (@ 1600Mhz), 2x GTX 295 Quad SLI
    2x 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 RAID 0, OCZ ZX 1000W, NZXT Phantom (Pink), Dell SX2210T Touch Screen, Windows 8.1 Pro

Koolance RP-401X2 1.1 (w/ Swiftech MCP35X), XSPC EX420, XSPC X-Flow 240, DT Sniper, EK-FC 295s (w/ RAM Blocks), Enzotech M3F Mosfet+NB/SB

Xtreme Member
    Great art, gameplay etc...but I`m not enjoying it much yet - it`s just too confusing!

The gameplay and artwork are good but its still the old UE3 engine. Certainly bad textures here and there. You can remove the "Bloom" and do other tweaks in X/engine ini files.
    Phenom II 945 (95w)@3.5Ghz
    Geil BlackDragon 1066 2x2GB
    Gigabyte 790X UD4P
    WD 640GB Black
    Gigabyte GTX 470
    Corsair HX620-Hiper Anubis case
    Windows 7 Home 64bit
    Samsung 27" monitor

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NapalmV5 View Post
    great game.. mindfook from start to the end of the credits
    Haha! Exactly what I was about to post. I just beat the game for the first time about 10 minutes ago and I still have that "WTF?!?! Incredible!" look on my face.

I do agree with many peoples comments that it definitely did get dumbed down a bit due to it being "multi-platform" I must say that this was one of the most unexpectedly great games i've played in years. I played it through at 2560x1600 with everything on Ultra, adaptive v-sync, triple buffering (D3D Overrider), and the unique setting and graphical style really shined. I was really impressed with how much work they put into Elizabeth. Her emotions, facial expressions, and constantly evolving personality. Typically when you have a tag-along character, after some point you tend to run out of commentary and you start noticing how limited a character is, but she is definitely an exception.

And the way the game ended, I now have to play through it again because I'm sure i'll get a completely different perspective now.

Oh... one last thing. The audio!!! I was completely blown away by how high quality not only the soundtrack was, but all the little noises throughout the game. They really put a massive effort into it and the results speak for themselves. So many developers seem to half-a$$ the audio portion of games, not understanding how important it is. Many potentially outstanding games have been ruined by crap audio. I'm glad to see someone really focusing on audio

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by vario View Post
    Just wanted to tell you guys, anybody that thinks about it, play this game.It starts good, then becomes very good, and at the end its jaw dropping.Deserved 9/10.
    Yep. I got it a couple days ago without any actual knowledge of the game other than seeing a ton of review articles saying 9/10-9.7/10 etc... and comments like the one you just made. Heck, i didn't even read a review which is rare for me, nor did I play the previous 2 games.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB View Post
    Yep. I got it a couple days ago without any actual knowledge of the game other than seeing a ton of review articles saying 9/10-9.7/10 etc... and comments like the one you just made. Heck, i didn't even read a review which is rare for me, nor did I play the previous 2 games.
    I still need to finish it, been distracted by other games and projects.
    \Project\ Triple Surround Fury
    Case:
    Mountain Mods Ascension (modded)
    CPU: i7 920 @ 4GHz + EK Supreme HF (plate #1)
    GPU: GTX 670 3-Way SLI + XSPC Razor GTX670 water blocks
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage III Extreme + EK FB R3E water block
    RAM: 3x 2GB Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback DDR3 @ 6-8-6-24 1T
    SSD: Crucial M4 256GB, 0309 firmware
    PSU: 2x Corsair HX1000s on separate circuits
    LCD: 3x ASUS VW266H 26" Nvidia Surround @ 6030 x 1200
    Games: AoE II: HD, BF4, MKKE, MW2 via FourDeltaOne (Domination all day!)

Xtreme Addict
    If you've finished the game... you gotta see this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=lgN_3sjGHDw#

-- Alexander Hamilton