Thread: GA Z77X-UP7 @ 2 x Intel 520 120 GB [raid0] vs. Intel 330 180 GB [non-raid member]

Question GA Z77X-UP7 @ 2 x Intel 520 120 GB [raid0] vs. Intel 330 180 GB [non-raid member]

Greetings,

I was having some issues with my mobo lately, but now when I "solved it" I also quite didn't. My raid array made from SSD Intel 520 120 GB disks into raid0 was working like charm on ASUS Sabertooth P67/Z77, but on Gigabyte Z77X-UP7 it's a mess. Well, not quite, it runs really fast:

but not so good in boot up sequence and startup of programs. Whilst it performs quite well in ATTO benchmark test, it doesn't in starting up let's say photoshop CS6. On ASUS Sabertooth P67/Z77 I initially started photoshop in 4 seconds, pre-cached it started under 1 second. On Gigabyte Z77X-UP7 I have initial start on Photoshop CS6 up to 30 seconds! and pre-cached start under 2 seconds.

So what am I doing wrong?

Here are some videos of my single Intel 330 non-raid member [I have him in raid mode, wanted to put out the possibility of bad RAiD/AHCi/iDE mode] SSD disk and it's boot up [sorry for the crappy audio quality, took it with my cell]:

And here my Invicta Intel SSD 520 120 GB raid0 array:

I'm quite desperate in here, please advise

Regards

Bryan
    "He who fights with me, shall be my brother" Cpt. Gabriel Angelos

I there,
    your raid 0 is exactly like mine with atto.
    I have 2 intel 520, like yours.

photochop use to like a page file (virtual memory) with the older program, i don't no if CS6 need it to so much ?
    Have you disable completely the page file in window to minimize the footprint on your ssd ?

Activate write back on the disk raid array ?
    Last edited by poseur04; 04-14-2013 at 05:26 AM.