Hello:

With Intel shutting down motherboard production, I am curious to know if anyone has any idea, regarding Intel's support of their current motherboards (i.e., Sandy Bridge-E, Ivy Bridge). Also, does Intel still plan on releasing Ivy Bridge-E boards, this year or has that changed? Will Haswell boards be the last set of boards released? Finally, I was planning to build an Ivy Bridge-based system; however, with Intel shutting down motherboard production, I am interested to know what Intel's plans are, regarding driver development and support for current and future boards. In other words, how long does Intel plan to keep up driver development for Sandy Bridge-E, Ivy Bridge, Haswell, etc. boards? The only type of timeline I have heard was that motherboard production would be closed down within three (3) years. However, how does that timeline affect driver development and support? How long does Intel plan on developing new and updated drivers for Sandy Bridge-E, Ivy Bridge, Ivy Bridge-E, and Haswell boards?

Thanks to everyone for your clarification on these concerns.