Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's up with Geil?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just thought I,d let you know that I bought a stick of 256/OCZ pc3200 and I' RMA'ed it back to OCZ TWO TIMES, and I'm now Waiting for them to send me a THIRD stick to see if IT won't allow me to BOOT!

BTW: bought a stick of Mushkin 256/pc3200 and no problems!
    4930K@5.2GHz/ASUS RIV BE/G-Skill 16GB/4x EVGA GTX 780Ti Classified Kingpin Edition with EK-WB's/4x Rosewill Hercules 1600W PSU's for GPU's/Thermaltake 1200W for MB/Cooling: CPU-Vapo, MB/GPU: A/C Conversion Chiller

Xtreme Member
    I've been using the GEIL 3500 and had no probles till reciently. it ran at max timings on my 8iexp (intel) to 171 FSB (cpu limit in a hot room) but yesterday it crapped out while playing warcraft 3. looks like I finally popped the memory, and it was still at stock voltage. my chaintech gear should be here today and start with a new board with a better mem setup....

Torinalth
    Drive it like you stole it.

Xtreme Legend
    Thats interesting. My stick is still running strong. I dunno about how their new Plat. Series performs but I do want a stick to review.

Tweaked!
    You guys might wanna check out this thread here before ordering any Geil. I would be a little leary to say the least. Just thought I'd give ya the heads up

Edit, nevermind, just realized the dates, apparently this thread has been revived for whatever reason by Chriviper with a more than generous comment expressing his inner feelings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12