Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stren's Titan Water Block Roundup

Aqua Computer Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoAndrade View Post
    Shoggy, what can you tell us about that awesome titan backplate?
    We will offer the backplate in two variants: passive and active. The active variant uses a heatpipe which transfers the heat from the packplate to the connection terminal on the side of the block where it has direct contact to the water. The so called anti gravity heatpipe works in any direction so it does not matter how the card is installed in a PC.

The passive variant will cost 29.90 Euro and active variant 39.90 Euro. Both should be available in around 10 days. So far I have only two renderings of the active version.

This will not be the last thing that we offer for the Titan ;-)
    Got a question or having a problem with your Aqua Computer product?
    Contact us via PM or E-Mail.

Xtreme Guru
    Hmm, this, and new transparent block. Work of art bling wise. You guys outdid yourselves.
    I wonder though how such active backplates will be usable with SLI water bridges, or for later ones specific version will be needed.

Aqua Computer Rep
    Right, you will need a special connector that works with the heatpipes.

I am Xtreme
    Honestly that block swayed my decision. Ordered a Titan. Need one of those blocks and backplates stat.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Honestly that block swayed my decision. Ordered a Titan. Need one of those blocks and backplates stat.
    Agreed, really amazing block.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    THAT is what a back plate for a $1000 GPU should be.

Take note other companies.

-PB
    -Project Sakura-
    Intel i7 860 @ 4.0Ghz, Asus Maximus III Formula, 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws X F3 (@ 1600Mhz), 2x GTX 295 Quad SLI
    2x 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 RAID 0, OCZ ZX 1000W, NZXT Phantom (Pink), Dell SX2210T Touch Screen, Windows 8.1 Pro

Koolance RP-401X2 1.1 (w/ Swiftech MCP35X), XSPC EX420, XSPC X-Flow 240, DT Sniper, EK-FC 295s (w/ RAM Blocks), Enzotech M3F Mosfet+NB/SB

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    We will offer the backplate in two variants: passive and active. The active variant uses a heatpipe which transfers the heat from the packplate to the connection terminal on the side of the block where it has direct contact to the water. The so called anti gravity heatpipe works in any direction so it does not matter how the card is installed in a PC.

The passive variant will cost 29.90 Euro and active variant 39.90 Euro. Both should be available in around 10 days. So far I have only two renderings of the active version.

This will not be the last thing that we offer for the Titan ;-)
    @Shoggy I think I'm gonna grab a couple of Titan and order your nickel + plexy waterblock and your active backplates.

Just a question, a bit off topic but when I'm doing a loop I always try to grab waterblocks of the same brand, and since I think that I'll go with Aquacomputer also for the CPU, please tell me, what's the difference between Kryos HF and Kryos XT? Who is better?

Also, Kryos Derlin (listed on your shop at 39,90€) is the HF or the XT version?

PM me if you prefer. Sorry stren for the OT.
    Last edited by .::NeO::.; 03-30-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Xtreme XIP

Thumbs up

Really looking forward for this article since I have a Titan inbound arriving next week , this will be very useful for the choice of GPU Block that I will install on it. Cannot wait for the full article

Xtreme Enthusiast
    love the new backplate

Can anyone tell me what temperature sensors are available on the titan card itself? Still waiting for mine...

Also here's the unboxing vid of the first three cards:

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Can't wait for the results. Hopefully EK fairs well.
    GPU: 4-Way SLI GTX Titan's (1202 MHz Core / 3724 MHz Mem) with EK water blocks and back-plates
    CPU: 3960X - 5.2 GHz with Koolance 380i water block
    MB: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme with EK full board water block
    RAM: 16 GB 2400 MHz Team Group with Bitspower water blocks
    DISPLAY: 3x 120Hz Portrait Perfect Motion Clarity 2D Lightboost Surround
    SOUND: Asus Xonar Essence -One- USB DAC/AMP
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX1500
    SSD: Raid 0 - Samsung 840 Pro's
    BUILD THREAD: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1751610

Xtreme Enthusiast
    XSPC shipped, Watercool should ship next week. Waiting to hear back on an update from alphacool. Need to chase up BP, EVGA and Phobya again.

Did some testing of the MPS 400 flow sensor today instead. Hopefully I'll get that published this week while we're waiting.

Xtreme Member
    In case there is any chance to read VRM temps, I wanted to share this freeware utility HWiNFO64 that was on an ATI/AMD HD7970 readout at the bottom of this post. The readme says the utility works on a Titan but don't know if Titan tells us VRM temps like that model of HD7970. If it would easy for you, the numbers may be helpful to those who OC VGA cards. It might also help those of us scratching our head over active versus passive water-cooling of VRM. I haven't seen a roundup with VRM monitoring since Skinnee put the probes in the GTX 480. Sorry to pile on...just like Martin said would happen. So forget it if too much hassle. But I only learned today that some VGA cards have sensors for VRM temps. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Corsair 850 tx psu; Dell 27" monitor
    XSPC rx rads; Apogee xt2; gtx680+Heatkiller fc; mcp655's in EK-D5 top
    distilled water + silver in MasterKleer 7/16" ID on 1/2" barbs & compressions

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by musicfan View Post
    In case there is any chance to read VRM temps, I wanted to share this freeware utility HWiNFO64 that was on an ATI/AMD HD7970 readout at the bottom of this post. The readme says the utility works on a Titan but don't know if Titan tells us VRM temps like that model of HD7970. If it would easy for you, the numbers may be helpful to those who OC VGA cards. It might also help those of us scratching our head over active versus passive water-cooling of VRM. I haven't seen a roundup with VRM monitoring since Skinnee put the probes in the GTX 480. Sorry to pile on...just like Martin said would happen. So forget it if too much hassle. But I only learned today that some VGA cards have sensors for VRM temps. Thanks.
    Yeah I can try this when the card comes in. As long as it logs the data then it's just one more number to process. I should really setup scripts to parse the data for me lol.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Can we get some pics of the plexi/nickel aqua block installed? It looks awesome but as a render kind of looks off to me for some reason

-100c Club
    @Kenji: Stren is still waiting on the card.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by stren View Post
    Yeah I can try this when the card comes in. As long as it logs the data then it's just one more number to process. I should really setup scripts to parse the data for me lol.
    VRM temps would be nice, but only gpu temps are available, using gpuz/precision tune, even tried HWutil from musicfan, but no gpu vrm temps, just gpu.

Also many OCing titans are using custom bioses. My original bios stated (using kepler bios editor to look) that my core boost was 1202, but my core constantly varied under load and never higher than 1050 with any benchmarking program or games, even though I was on water and gpu never above 38C. All the consumer cards bioses were gimped with heavy throttling from too low power limits. Playing around, I ended up flashing mine about 17x, trying to figure out how the bios power limits were causing throttling.

The hard limit is 300W total 265W from gpu, cant go passed those without hard mods. hard limit on vcore is 1.21, cant go past that without hard mods. So card is pretty protected...even if you change bios.

My card now will do 1150 rock stable at 1.18 v (stock v is 1.16), or 1202 rock stable with 1.2v. No throttling.

Just to warn you if your card throttles, and it will unless a rarity (always check a loading program/log and look for throttling, part of my norm after any benchmark now), just trying to save you some time in case you get varying load screwing up results.

Here is rest of my post on bios:
    http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...=727364&page=9

Xtreme Member
    Thanks rge for post & links. Perhaps VRM temp readings may only be HD7970 type cards then? Have to wait on VRM temps. Thanks again stren for taking on VGA block testing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Corsair 850 tx psu; Dell 27" monitor
    XSPC rx rads; Apogee xt2; gtx680+Heatkiller fc; mcp655's in EK-D5 top
    distilled water + silver in MasterKleer 7/16" ID on 1/2" barbs & compressions

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I will be adding a third titan when ib-e launches. I normally prefer the plain acetal covered rectangles (ek) but I will be switching to those aqua computer blocks for sure due to passive vram cooling. My chips get so insanely hot I can't help but think it's hurting the memory oc potential. Also it seems like the block/heatpipe will match nicely with corsair extreme dimms?

Looks great.
    slowpoke:
    mm ascension
    gigabyte x58a-ud7
    980x@4.4ghz (29x152) 1.392 vcore 24/7
    corsair dominator gt 6gb 1824mhz 7-7-7-19
    2xEVGA GTX TITAN
    storage: samsung 2tb f3
    cooling:
    loop1: mcp350>pa120.4>ek supreme hf
    loop2: mcp355>2xpa120.3>>ek nb/sb
    22x scythe s-flex "F"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Some pics of the XSPC Titan Block - the boxes were not the usual XSPC grey/black style:

One for block, one for backplate:

Included accessories with the block:

Almost time to unwrap:

The wrapping left some sticky on the bridge. No big deal, but it makes the photo look bad:

A complex block - thin copper base sealed with a stainless steel top and then topped off with acrylic and brushed aluminum to flesh out to the size of the card:

Unlike the EK XXL block the copper doesn't run to the end of the card. This doesn't affect performance, but does mean that the side view of the card isn't consistent:

BTW Vega the XSPC backplate is not brushed unlike the front, it's a plain powdercoated style instead!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Very sexy, but ya I prefer the EK backplate.
    GPU: 4-Way SLI GTX Titan's (1202 MHz Core / 3724 MHz Mem) with EK water blocks and back-plates
    CPU: 3960X - 5.2 GHz with Koolance 380i water block
    MB: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme with EK full board water block
    RAM: 16 GB 2400 MHz Team Group with Bitspower water blocks
    DISPLAY: 3x 120Hz Portrait Perfect Motion Clarity 2D Lightboost Surround
    SOUND: Asus Xonar Essence -One- USB DAC/AMP
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX1500
    SSD: Raid 0 - Samsung 840 Pro's
    BUILD THREAD: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1751610

Xtreme Member
    Firendly bump

just received my 2 titans today, can't wait to see stren roundup!

Xtreme Member
    EVGA Titan finally ordered tonight, Shoggy any ETA when that backplate will be available?
    i7 975 EVGA X58 Classified 6Gb Corsair Dominator GT 2 x EVGA 285 FTW 2x 300Gb Velociraptor in RAID 0 WD Black 500Gb

WC loop 1: HK 3.0 Fesser 360 BP VREG BP NB D5 pump
    loop 2: 2 x EVGA HC's Fesser 240 D5 pump

Aqua Computer Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinediver View Post
    Shoggy any ETA when that backplate will be available?
    Around the end of this month.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Hopefully EVGA actually pulls through. When I asked about sponsoring a watercooled 680 card, they pretty much told me to get lost...

Don't think they care about science or performance much, but if you build a piece of artwork..that's probably where they may have interest.

Crossing my fingers for you..hate to see you spend $1G on a card to do all that work and end up like Skinnee with a dead card.

Xtreme Guru
    Martin: imho the more modern card is, the more it has circuitry and firmware features related to more advanced throttling and less chance to kill card. It's only temp wise though, and does nothing for many many remounts of cooling sys/it's durability, plus also limits overclock for those more insane (xtreme!) from us

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast