Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Corsair Vengence Extreme 3000 c12

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet View Post
    23 comes up before 55 so you can use junk 1600MHz to test IMC.

The pot is more there because users that will buy this kit will most likely be putting them under LN2.

I have two very good 3770Ks, but Alex does your ram pass 3000MHz HyperPi 32m and other tests at 1.65v?
    Well i don't know,i do not have ram that capable....Send me a certified 3000 kit and we can find out I think it could,since it can pass 2800 memtest with 0.92 vccsa and 1.05 vccio

Xtreme n00berclocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefa_Madness View Post
    I was actually making fun of the inclusion of a ram pot with the kit...not to mention the $750 asking price...I'll go out on a limb and state that most users that would buy this ram to put it under LN2 ALREADY have a pot.
    To be honest the modules probably end up costing over the asking price to make. As for the pot it will be custom engraved and something that not everybody else will have.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

XIP
    3000 @ 1.65V is amazing

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet View Post
    To be honest the modules probably end up costing over the asking price to make. As for the pot it will be custom engraved and something that not everybody else will have.
    Are you affiliated with Corsair in some manner and KNOW that they are selling these modules at a loss, or is that just a conjecture on your part?

As for the "limited edition" pot, there will always be those that feel the need, or have the desire, for unique products, so it may be that some will end up buying this combo for just that reason (of course, this whole ram/pot combo falls into that category anyways).
    Last edited by Reefa_Madness; 03-20-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

Heat

^ He works for Corsair!

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

NooB MOD
    You don't know Planet?
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    ^ He works for Corsair!
    Then that certainly adds validity to his statement about the production costs exceeding the sales price. I still question the notion of grouping the pot and the ram, but that's just my personal opinion and only time will tell.

I just remembered this name (Planet) coming up in a conversation that I had with a member on another forum. Also referred to him as Jake, if I recall correctly. These are one and the same, right?
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

Heat

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Oj101 View Post
    You don't know Planet?
    Naw, I don't run in the same circles that you guys do. I'm on the outside looking in.

At least I had the smarts to ask if he worked for Corsair, so do I get a little credit for that?

Heat

I just remembered this name (Planet) coming up in a conversation that I had with a member on another forum. Also referred to him as Jake, if I recall correctly. These are one and the same, right?
    Yes!

XIP
    It is definitely not an easy task to bin hynix chip that can function 100% @ 3000 - 1.65V at any timings.

Some hynix kit is stable enough @ 3000+ air, albeit with more juices...and its hard to find.

I'm pretty sure this Vengence 3000 can do it @ 1.65V pobably with cpu on ambient
    Last edited by Dumo; 03-20-2013 at 09:32 PM.

NooB MOD
    Naw, I don't run in the same circles that you guys do. I'm on the outside looking in.

At least I had the smarts to ask if he worked for Corsair, so do I get a little credit for that?
    Sorry, the smilies were me hinting, I didn't mean to come across as condescending.
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Oj101 View Post
    Sorry, the smilies were me hinting, I didn't mean to come across as condescending.
    I didn't take it any way other than just you just having fun with me (or was that at my expense? ). Seriously, not taken the wrong way at all.

Heat

Xtreme Member
    One of these kits + frozen AMD imc should prove fun...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumo View Post
    It is definitely not an easy task to bin hynix chip that can function 100% @ 3000 - 1.65V at any timings.

Some hynix kit is stable enough @ 3000+ air, albeit with more juices...and its hard to find.
    You mean you don't have two or three samples at home?

Heat

XIP
    You mean you don't have two or three samples at home?
    Not this kit, but I have a couple kits of hynix that have to be paired with 3000+ capable cpu
    Last edited by Dumo; 03-20-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I figured that you had at least a couple of 3000+ kits at home...plus the CPUs, right?

Heat

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    I figured that you had at least a couple of 3000+ kits at home...plus the CPUs, right?

3000+ 32M is a tough order Reefa, I think it all depends on ic's + cpu imc + mb/bios to nail 3000+ with any sort of stability.

I have tested a plethora of different Ivy cpu's and only two of them could run 3000+ and only one could run it in dual channel and 32M stable.

These sticks are Hyperpi stable at 3000 12-14-14-35-2T at 1.65v which must be incredibly hard to bin, as I have not seen any BFR or CFR do it, single sided or double sided. Seems MFR has promising future.

For you guys that have the Z77 OC Formula, the 2800 MFR profile is a good baseline for 3000+
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

-130 Celsius
    Haha! Wow, the first time I ever heard of paying $750 for sticks of memory that cost the same as any other kit to make, and getting them for a "below cost" at $750!

I mean that'd be like Apple paying $1,000 to make an iPhone, and selling them to us for $200! Wow, never heard of that one lol.

And wow, custom engraved pot! I definitely gotta buy it now, I'd love it to have Corsair advertised all over it!
    "The moral of my story is that you need to go tell those dear to you that you love them, give them a hug and a kiss and do it often, because you never know when that opportunity might slip away."

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteGeek91 View Post
    Haha! Wow, the first time I ever heard of paying $750 for sticks of memory that cost the same as any other kit to make, and getting them for a "below cost" at $750!

I mean that'd be like Apple paying $1,000 to make an iPhone, and selling them to us for $200! Wow, never heard of that one lol.

And wow, custom engraved pot! I definitely gotta buy it now, I'd love it to have Corsair advertised all over it!
    I am not saying the price is the best on these, but once you factor how many ic's were binned to find the ones that can run that spec at 1.65v the price is not too outrageous. I know that none of my kits can run 3000+ 32M but these did with no problem and that is one of those things that is checked off of the list of things to do Sure it is not nearly as fast as frozen PSC / BBSE or even Samsung, but lets look back at how PSC / BBSE was viewed when it launched when compared to Hypers and who would have thought they would be the best choice for Ivy and clock the way they do. I have a feeling that these high mhz kits will do better with Z87 as higher mhz at the expense of looser timings seems to be the direction we are headed, as we have been for a while.

Most of G.Skills top kits are in this similar price bracket ($600+) so I expect nothing less from Corsair. The pot does not really matter as most will all ready own one, but either way it is nice to see Corsair catering to xtreme memory oc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

-130 Celsius
    Yes, I do fully agree with that. I understand spending tons of time, money, etc on finding a kit that will really bin that high, so yeah it's worth it to those guys who can actually afford it. But I DO NOT believe it's below cost for Corsair at this price, that made me LOL. And true on where we are heading, I agree with that statement about the Z87.
    "The moral of my story is that you need to go tell those dear to you that you love them, give them a hug and a kiss and do it often, because you never know when that opportunity might slip away."

Xtreme Member
    It takes a hell of a lot of binning to get a kit capable of these speeds with 1.65v, hence the cost.

Xtreme n00berclocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumo View Post

I'm pretty sure this Vengence 3000 can do it @ 1.65V pobably with cpu on ambient
    For testing I am running CPU and memory on air.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteGeek91 View Post
    Yes, I do fully agree with that. I understand spending tons of time, money, etc on finding a kit that will really bin that high, so yeah it's worth it to those guys who can actually afford it. But I DO NOT believe it's below cost for Corsair at this price, that made me LOL. And true on where we are heading, I agree with that statement about the Z87.
    Well think about how much time and testing has gone in just to find the memory ICs. They go through a ton of sorts before I even get my hands on them to find the 3000MHz chips. Then I hand pick and test which ICs end up on the modules. Once I have enough ICs to build modules they then get built and need to be tested again. Its a very labor intensive process since these are essentially hand build modules.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex-Ro View Post
    Well i don't know,i do not have ram that capable....Send me a certified 3000 kit and we can find out I think it could,since it can pass 2800 memtest with 0.92 vccsa and 1.05 vccio
    nice imc man

Cpt.Planet has posted a new score: 1616.1 MHz @ 12-15-15-36 @ 1.75V memory still on air

Pretty good IMC!
    Last edited by Don_Dan; 03-22-2013 at 04:41 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    I can't believe that cpu is on air...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast