Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haswell Mini-ITX news

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallenator View Post
    Don't you think that defeats it's compact form a bit?

How about:
    PCI-E extender than enabled you to put dual slot graphic-cards one slot closer to the bottom.
    Sorry, I meant next to the CPU, where the 80/92 mm fan goes.

An extender could work, but then again you might as well make a case with two slots and move everything down one slot making more space above the graphics card.
    It's no easy task to make the perfect Mini-ITX case..

Xtremeish
    Quote Originally Posted by Mats View Post
    Sorry, I meant next to the CPU, where the 80/92 mm fan goes.

An extender could work, but then again you might as well make a case with two slots and move everything down one slot making more space above the graphics card.
    It's no easy task to make the perfect Mini-ITX case..
    That would impede CPU cooling somewhat, making overclocking a bit difficult.

The thing is that an extender would give you a bit over 10mm extra space to use, giving you the ability to use 140mm modular PSU's. (probably)
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallenator View Post
    That would impede CPU cooling somewhat, making overclocking a bit difficult.
    I was thinking of water cooling, but then there's no capacity for GPU water cooling. Oh well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12