Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EA can officially go to hell

c[_]

EA can officially go to hell

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Administrator
    OMG pay $1 to reload you gun, good grief.

this needs to stop...seriously

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Administrator
    I am sure EA thanks you very much for buying Crysis 3 & BF3, then purchasing all the DLC & unlocks.

Xtreme Addict
    Wow nice video lol, wth...

Ea, is coming out with a new sim city soon.
    Gonna require you to be online at all times to play it.
    I think sim city isn't what it used to be ever since ea took over maxis.
    Sim city 2000, dos ver, best sim city ever made.

Have fun with that on dialup...
    Get off the phone dear, but ma (cartman voice)....

Xtreme Addict
    Thank you very much to you brainless buyers of BF3 & the rest for supporting EA and their business model.

Yeah, reaffirmed my refusal to not buy BF3.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by El Maņo View Post
    Thank you very much to you brainless buyers of BF3 & the rest for supporting EA and their business model.
    it is not just from EA, it is the whole paid DLC model and the zynga model that are problems.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    it is not just from EA, it is the whole paid DLC model and the zynga model that are problems.
    Agreed. Add Far Cry 3 and Call of Duty buyers to the list.

xtreme energy
    Ahh, I guess there will never be gaming days and communities as they used to be 5+ years ago. Time is changing to the worse unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by El Maņo View Post
    Agreed. Add Far Cry 3 and Call of Duty buyers to the list.
    what was wrong with farcry3, the only thing it did wrong was put in a tacked on multiplayer mode, did you maybe mean dead space 3?
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400

Xtreme Addict
    what was wrong with farcry3, the only thing it did wrong was put in a tacked on multiplayer mode, did you maybe mean dead space 3?
    I meant Ubisoft and Activision sorry.

I don't get the complaint...
    They are targeting people who want to needlessly spend their money.
    It would not be a requirement to buy these "reloads". It only impacts people who want instant gratification.

I could charge people a dollar for providing them helpful tips on how to walk successfully.
    Pointless and a waste of money, yes. But again no one has to pay me.

Quote Originally Posted by alternativesurf View Post
    I don't get the complaint...
    They are targeting people who want to needlessly spend their money.
    It would not be a requirement to buy these "reloads". It only impacts people who want instant gratification.

I could charge people a dollar for providing them helpful tips on how to walk successfully.
    Pointless and a waste of money, yes. But again no one has to pay me.
    he said pay $1 to reload. he did not say get skins, or single player items, or even skip levels, he said reload.

Xtreme Member
    I don't really game much unfortunately, but I wanted to see if I can go to hell too?
    Win XP Pro x64 / Win 7 x64 / Phenom II / Asus m3a79-t Deluxe / 8x2 GB GSkill and some other stuff.....

no sleep, always tired TheGoat Eater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOAethyr View Post
    Wow nice video lol, wth...

Ea, is coming out with a new sim city soon.
    Gonna require you to be online at all times to play it.
    I think sim city isn't what it used to be ever since ea took over maxis.
    Sim city 2000, dos ver, best sim city ever made.

Have fun with that on dialup...
    Get off the phone dear, but ma (cartman voice)....
    Sim City 2000 for my family's Macintosh II was one of the best game purchases ever. I think it was one of the best Christmas presents as well - it lasted a long long time. I played it for years, and I am being very literal there. I still have the floppies I believe. I know I have my boxed tetris w/ floppies for that computer. EA has ruined so many of the games I loved by screwing up and catering to the consoles. That with titles that were and had been PC based ( and then releasing a crap PC version)

Xtreme Addict
    Normally I just don't buy EA or Activision games. After all, Activision ruined what could have been one of the best game franchises on earth out of greed, Battlezone. I hate them for that. They're both criminals.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

he said pay $1 to reload. he did not say get skins, or single player items, or even skip levels, he said reload.
    What he said was when you run out of ammo and need to reload.
    Meaning, you can pay us a dollar to reload now or you can wander around until you find an ammo dump.

Xtreme XIP
    This is ridiculous by EA lol charging for reload lol . EA has become so greedy that I have stop playing their latest game NFS Most Wanted due to the constant *in your face* buy this DLC pack always poping up, you need to buy this car at ea store , you need to buy expansion pack , buy buy buy ! etc ... the list goes on and on :/ I think that will be my last EA game , I don't tolerate this kind of business where you feel all this Harassment all the time ,no sir not me. Bye Bye EA from me , unless they do a complete 360 and go back to the 1990s business methods they used to have , that was the EA I used to love , wich I doubt it will ever happened.
    Last edited by chispy; 03-05-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alternativesurf View Post
    What he said was when you run out of ammo and need to reload.
    Meaning, you can pay us a dollar to reload now or you can wander around until you find an ammo dump.
    but who would even play the single player, he is talking about making the already downgraded MP even worse.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Considering this was uploaded approaching 2 years ago. Was the reload comment just an example of microtransaction psychology or is that actually what occurs currently in BF3?

I played BF3 when it came out, never experienced anything pushing me to purchase anything at all.

Xtreme Addict
    Well, if you bought BF3 (naked BF3), then you wont have much to play and neither you will have exactly large list of weapons (tho you are free to pick up weapons from others and anyway "base" weapons are kinda ridiculously good). What you wont get without "Premium" is a lot of content, weapons and additional XP (pretty much meaningless).

"Premium" is relatively fair and game is reasonably good. My only gripe was that they released "Premium" after "Back to Karkand" DLC. Which resulted in ppl who bought it (almost everyone) being kinda mad at EA for double-milking them as "Premium" gives you all DLCs (and something on top).

My way to deal with that was that I still own BF3 - Back to Karkand.. and dont play neither have plans to buy anything from them. Cause I was stupid and bought D3. And now I sorta lost interest into online gaming, so Im just enjoying visit to Skyrim (which actually gave me more fun than both D3 and BF3 and Im hardcore FPS player.. or I was ).

They can "want" whatever microtransactions they want, release as much DLCs as they want. If it will be sh*t, it will simply fail anyway. I dont think gaming and especially FPS will go back where it used to be. It went mainstream and its lost forever as anything that wents mainstream.
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

diablo 3 made sense to be online only. d2 had a huge player base on closed battle.net and almost nothing on open and i dont know anyone who played single player once people had non dialup internet. they also wanted to have a functional auction house (so all rolls have to be server side,) and they did not want to deal with people who played single player then ed about no AH as people ed on d2 about closed not letting them use SP characters when it came out. i made $42 off of d3 so it almsot payed back the $50 i paid for it, and that made up for any down time for me (it was not all that bad when you compare it to an MMO launch anyways.)

sim city makes no sense as an online only game, the only reasons i see for it is to stop modding so they can sell DLC for skins that should be free for people to make.

there are other shooters, arma3 is coming out, CS:GO is awesome, and hopefully defiance will be good as well (for the PVE multiplayer.)

Xtreme Addict
    I been hearing that the simcity launch was a disaster.
    Real shame, been nice knowing ya simcity but you'll never be as good as you used to be apparently.
    It's sad, but we gotta move on.
    I find myself wishing ea would of stuck with madden games and that's it, ohwells...

EA is evil lol...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast