Thread: Sandberg Bluetooth Stereo Headset Pro

Xtreme Reviewer

Sandberg Bluetooth Stereo Headset Pro

Introduction

Today we are going to take a look at the latest product to be released in Sandberg's Audio Products range, the Bluetooth Stereo Headset Pro. This is the first full-size headset in the Bluetooth range building on the success of the more compact earphone models.I am excited to see how it performs, both when used with a computer and with a mobile device.

Specifications:

Unboxing

It is clear from the packaging that Sandberg are trying to push this headset up market.It is almost "Apple-esque" in its design, featuring an all-white livery with few elements cluttering the front of the box.

The back feature plenty of information on the headset, detailing features such as the high quality,50mm drivers.

Along with the headset itself there is a quick-start guide.

Sandberg also bundle a USB power cable and 3.5mm header for audio input.

The Bluetooth Stereo Headset Pro

The Sandberg Bluetooth Stereo Headset Pro is a very eye catching headset.

The main body is finished in matt black, giving it a subdued appearance.

The plastic used has a very slight texture, making it quite grippy, but not rough.

The earcups are able to tilt towards and away from the head while rotating fully around so that the silver on the side of the earcups face away from you.There is a little flex in the other direction which bodes well for the life of the headset, especially if you are rough with handling.The earcups do fold completely flat, which makes for much easier packing if you want to take this set somewhere with you. However, the sheer size of the earcups means you can't do the same thing to wear them on your chest/shoulders when theyre not being used. They are just too big.

The earphone padding is leather, and like all leather ear pads, they can get warm.

The headband is a nice mix of black leather and silver stitching, which gives it a real quality look and feel.

The fact that the headband and plastic frame are separate is testament to its ability to take some damage as it keeps everything as flexible as possible.

On the bottom edge of the headset there is a micro-USB connector for charging alongside a 3.5mm jack for use with the included cable.

The wireless nature of the Sandberg Bluetooth Stereo Headset Pro means that there are a number of buttons dotted around the right earpiece.There is a rather stealthy phone button integrated into the center of the headband.In addition there are four buttons to Vol up /Vol down, Forward and Backward buttons on the sides of the headband.There is also a tiny microphone located here for calls.

Remote control your Bluetooth device with the track and volume controls on the headset.

50mm Neodymium drivers.

The headband can be easily adjusted on either side and has a wide range of variation so the headset should fit most people comfortably.

Testing

The Sandberg Bluetooth Stereo Headset Pro is a stunning looking headset but how does it perform?As usual, the testing procedure when it comes to headsets involves me wearing it for just over a week, using it for daily activities and specific tests. To make sure it's up to scratch, I play a variety of games on it, listen to many genre's of music and different types of audio and watch a couple of movies.This should give a pretty accurate representation of how good the headset is.The built-in battery gives 10 hours of playback.10m wireless range.Charge time:Approx.5 hours.In regards to comfort I was pretty impressed, not because I didn't think this headset would be comfortable, but because I thought that with the leather earcups it would get very hot and sweaty. It does, but it's far from horrendous and it's been pretty hot here recently. I happily wore the Sandberg Bluetooth Stereo Headset Pro for hours without issue. This is one you can game for an age in and never have to worry about taking it off.You don't even technically need to take it off if you have a toilet break, thanks to Bluetooth.In terms of sound quality, the Sandberg Bluetooth Stereo Headset Pro is a very good all-round headset. The audio signature is actually well balanced without a particular focus on a single frequency range. At the bottom end the bass rumbles away and thumps your head as you raise it up. The mid range is a little recessed, but not to the point that it really detracts from the experience. High frequencies were pretty crisp throughout testing.In my movie playback test,i watched the opening scene of The Dark Knight.The Sandberg Bluetooth Stereo Headset Pro helped the deep bass notes to resonate, creating quite an immersive experience and sound panning was impressive for a stereo headset.

When paired with a Bluetooth phone you can use this headset's built-in microphone (it appears to be located on the right ear-piece) for hands-free operation when communicating with others.The multifunction button can be used to answer or reject a call plus redial the last number used.Overall I have to say I am impressed with not only the headset's performance.

Final Thoughts

Ultimately,Sandberg should be proud of the new range debut and the release of the Bluetooth Stereo Headset Pro. It sounds good and has some practical tricks.The bass response is excellent and when cranked the headset can handle an impressive range of frequencies.Mid range response is also commendable, although it can struggle a little to deal with complex music, such as the classical genre.I wouldn't imagine this would matter to the projected target audience.A large audience considering this headset are doing so because they want to play Titanfall with it, and it scores well in this regard.Explosions sound great, as does the Titan's rockets as they spiral towards the enemy. Enjoying movies on this headset is easy.The padding on the headb and and earphones are comfortable enough that you will be able to wear it for a few hours without difficulty.The overall build quality of the headset is excellent. It will be able to withstand modest abuse over many months.All of the joints are clearly designed to deal with rough handling and i am confident that this isn't one of those products that will break easily over a short period of time.The sleek design and ultra-comfortable fit will entice many to purchase this headset.I had no trouble connecting the Bluetooth Stereo Headset Pro up to an iPhone and Dell Inspiron 15 laptop via Bluetooth either.

At a price of around 65 Euro's,i feel that the Bluetooth Stereo Headset Pro offers reasonable value for money.It is ideal for those users who are looking for a quality set of wireless headphones.Supplied with a five year warranty, the Sandberg Bluetooth Stereo Headset Pro is Awesome.

Last edited by testman78; 07-21-2014 at 11:51 PM.