Thread: [News] Seagate announces PCIe SSD that does 10GB/s and shows 60TB SSD

[News] Seagate announces PCIe SSD that does 10GB/s and shows 60TB SSD

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/sea...-60tb-ssd.html

Seagate annnounces the Nytro XP7200, a PCI-Express add-on card that has been fitted with four NVMe SSDs based on M2. The card will produce numbers above the 10.000 MB per second.

An PCIe-SSD series with a speed of 10GB/s was already mentioned in March by Seagate. The manufacturer now announced the actual product. The Nytro XP7200 is a PCIe plug-in card, which is equipped with four-m2 SSD's. To reach the speed of 10GB/s, four of the recently announced XM1440-m2-nvme modules are used with a capacity of 1920GB each. The total storage space is thus 7,7TB. There will also be a version with a capacity of 3,8TB, which uses four 960GB SSDs.

To reach the claimed speeds these nvme SSDs are setup in a RAID 0 set up using software. A rather old trick that does not always work out well.

According to Seagate has the Nytro XP7200 than a sequential read speed of 10GB/s and a sequential write speed of 3,6GB/s. Random read operations match 940,000 IOPS and 160,000 IOPS for writes. The first samples will be sent in September and the card should be on the market in the fourth quarter. Prices have not been announced.

Seagate also showed a SAS SSD in 3.5" format that holds a massive of 60TB. The SSD uses 3D TLC-NAND from Micron and a single controller. The sequential read and write speeds, according to the manufacturer 1500 and 1000 MB/s. Random read is 150,000 iOPS, according to Seagate. Information about random writes was not disclosed. Seagate has given this 60TB SSD no product name yet as at this moment it is just for demonstration purposes.

Xtreme Member
    Hmm, about time I sell off my Toshiba 4TB HDD's...
    my mini-fridge
    MoBo: GA-EP45-UD3P | CPU: Q9550 3.6GHZ @ 1.216v | RAM: 4x1GB 900mhz @ 5-5-5-15 | GPU: GTX 460 900G/1800S/4400M | PSU: Corsair 750TX| HDD's: Seagate 320GB + 500GB, Samsung 1TB | Case: antec p180

Xtreme Guru
    But that's with 4 in RAID 0.... I would not consider that for anything where I was worried about the fidelity of my data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans