Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried the Ground Hanger for your Audio Equipment? No not the Clothes Hanger

Banned

Anyone tried the Ground Hanger for your Audio Equipment? No not the Clothes Hanger

Well, when I first ever heard of hangers for audio, I thought they were talking about clothes hangers...

But that was not it. It's a hanger made of combination of various metals and crystals that sucks in EMI/RFI from your audio electronics like a funnel....

As a result, you get clean power in your device to function. This can be used on computers, AV receivers, external DAC's, powered speakers, even TV!..

This one is an Alien Hanger.

This is so neat!

I have never tried it before. Patrick added one in the package (my White Night Power cable) he shipped....

Anyone tried such thing? This is bizarre.
    Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 02-22-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Banned
    Chaps, just to be clear, I am not Patrick. I am IamAnoobieCheez who has proudly become his customer...

You can find out more info about the hangers here:

"Links removed until a sample/review can be done"

He was handing out these tweaks as Christmas gifts. He threw one in for me as well which is kind of him... Don't know which one I will be getting as each of these tweaks have been packaged.

God damn USPS.... so slow as f#@k Next time, I'm never going to select standard shipping...

cheez
    Last edited by Buckeye; 02-25-2013 at 09:52 AM.

c[_]
    Your hangars are ugly

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Mentor
    That product makes no sense, and the functionality makes no sense. It's just another load of rubbish from someone trying to make a quick buck on an item that adds immeasurable performance benefits to an audio or other system. There are not proven results that are displayed anywhere on the site which is a big red flag. Every company, and I mean every company that makes claims of a product which is severe in its performance delivery, has test results to back up their claims. Whether they are Frequency response graphs, SNR graphs, or resonance response, there are always test results to prove their claims. Now, we can always claim that these exotic device do incredible things, but then there are the people who claim the Voodoo doctor heals them of their cancer too. If you think it makes a difference, then it does. If you want to spend your money on this, then go ahead. Their are people who base their purchases on results, and those who buy things based on what the package looks like.

Now I am going to be forthcoming with you. There are a lot of people on this forum who are very educated. There are a lot of electrical engineers, civil engineers, and mechanical engineers(including myself). You are not going to get any accolades from those referred to by posting these items. You would be better off doing some independent research, and reading up on widely accepted audio forums such as Stereofile, audiofreaks, and many others, and even then your results may still be poor. I have been on this forum for what seems to be an unbelievable amount of time, and I have had the opportunity to read your threads over the years. If you want more positive feedback, I would suggest doing research on your part before coming here with snake oil items which the severe majority of people, especially around here have dismissed. I hope you take my advice, as if these posts continue your reputation will sink. We have old made mistakes, but I encourage you to do lots of research before posting this stuff!
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    Your hangars are ugly
    They look like just stones to me.. except that the first pic looks like whip cream with OREO cookie chips wrapped around the ball. Looks tasty That one is called the Miracle hanger, similar to the Miracle Balls he recently produced... it's the new model and claimed that it has the best performance among other hangers and balls he makes. Like I've said, I've never tried these before. I hope to receive soon as one of the balls is included in my power cord package.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
    That product makes no sense, and the functionality makes no sense.

That's how I felt when I first saw these items.

It's just another load of rubbish from someone trying to make a quick buck on an item that adds immeasurable performance benefits to an audio or other system. There are not proven results that are displayed anywhere on the site which is a big red flag. Every company, and I mean every company that makes claims of a product which is severe in its performance delivery, has test results to back up their claims. Whether they are Frequency response graphs, SNR graphs, or resonance response, there are always test results to prove their claims.
    Like I've said, I've never tried these out before. Once I receive it I will post my impression about it. I will be critiquing.

If you want to spend your money on this, then go ahead.
    I didn't pay a dime for this. He threw in as a gift in the power cord package he sent out to me. He likes to play Santa.

Their are people who base their purchases on results, and those who buy things based on what the package looks like.
    I base purchases on results. And it's not a gamble as it didn't cost me a penny for the Ground Hanger I will be receiving... It's a Win-Win situation.

cheez
    Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 02-25-2013 at 06:46 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Any product that says it uses "Alien Crystals" in its proprietary formula can be seen as fake. Unless the guy somehow has established trade with other intergalactic beings.
    Also the entire premise of these doesnt even work logically if you understand electricity.
    Rig 1:
    ASUS P8Z77-V
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.75GHz
    16GB of Team Xtreme DDR-2666 RAM (11-13-13-35-2T)
    Nvidia GTX 670 4GB SLI

Rig 2:
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX
    AMD FX-8350 @ 5.6GHz
    16GB of Mushkin DDR-1866 RAM (8-9-8-26-1T)
    AMD 6950 with 6970 bios flash

Yamakasi Catleap 2B overclocked to 120Hz refresh rate
    Audio-GD FUN DAC unit w/ AD797BRZ opamps
    Sennheiser PC350 headset w/ hero mod

Banned
    ^ That's what he named (Alien Crystals) as it's a special formula he created. I know. It sound fakey. But I trust him... I am taking a shot at this to see if there are differences.. the thing is it's supposed to make a "huge" difference, meaning immense, not a little. Meaning it doesn't require a trained ear or some audiophile bunny ears.

It's been over a month since I ordered the package and I still haven't received.

cheez

Administrator
    I agree with Nanometer on this one.
    I am removing links to this site and wait for IamAnoobieCheez to actually have one to do a review with.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    I agree with Nanometer on this one.
    I am removing links to this site and wait for IamAnoobieCheez to actually have one to do a review with.
    Fair enough! I have no problem with that. I will surely keep you guys posted with the review..

cheez

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    /facepalm

this is like that oreo cable thread.. looks like something my sister would bring me home from her 1st grade art class..

would never pay money for something that looks like it was made by a 7 year old let alone plug it into or leave it around my ht to make it look like crap.

I really don't understand these threads, at first I thought they were a joke but you apparently seem very serious??.. or did I just get trolled real good?

enlighten me.
    Last edited by NKrader; 02-25-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    /facepalm

this is like that oreo cable thread.. looks like something my sister would bring me home from her 1st grade art class..
    Oreo cable thread.... ha ha that's hilarious.

would never pay money for something that looks like it was made by a 7 year old let alone plug it into or leave it around my ht to make it look like crap.

I really don't understand these threads, at first I thought they were a joke but you apparently seem very serious??.. or did I just get trolled real good?

enlighten me.
    Actually the one you are referring to is White Night Hanger, which is similar to the Miracle Balls.. It's a highest performing tweak to suck out RFI / EMI from your electronics. The question of high much sucking out depends on the hanger and your hardware components and surroundings.

No this is not a joke. And neither was my powercord thread. I am very serious. I already bought the product and will be getting the Ground Hanger for free. This gives me great opportunity to critique.....

For general public it will be difficult to swallow these new comings... some of the hardcore audiophile guys can swallow pretty good. After all, this is xtreme.

Until about a year ago I was not in to audio and definitely new to power cords. At the time all one would need is a properly working (meaning not broken) power cord to deliver power. And most certainly, I never heard about Ground Hangers or ball tweaks for audio that would affect sound. One rich dude from ComputerAudiophiles inspired me as he showed how much he liked his $1500- 2000 power cords... I thought he was retarded, but that doesn't seem to be the case. And now the Patrick guy from Sweden.... It takes a lot of time and effort turning non-believers to believers...

Anyways, I am not 100% converted yet, as I haven't tried these products out. I tell ya.. everytime I look at those Oreo cookie chip whip cream pics my mouth waters as I haven't had sweets for a long time (trying to cut down sweets as it's evil source for your health)

cheez
    Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 02-25-2013 at 11:42 AM.

c[_]
    if its true i'd build them out of something that actually had an effect on RFI/EMI, and then smack the people who bought them for doing crappy installs with crappy cables and poor grounds which were letting the RFI/EMI into their system in the first place...

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    yep, looked at the site, cant be real, no one with that much money would spend any money on something that looked as bad as those items do, with no evidence of anything, the whole site looks feels a troll of snake oil companies and their unsubstantiated claims.

for gods sake the "usb" one is an 8gb usb flash drive with some clay molded to it (3,000$).. if this guy ever actually sold one i would kill myself due to complete and utter disgust in humanity.

that said im out, enjoy your 100,000$ power cables and malware blocking clay Christmas ornaments..
    Last edited by NKrader; 02-26-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    if its true i'd build them out of something that actually had an effect on RFI/EMI, and then smack the people who bought them for doing crappy installs with crappy cables and poor grounds which were letting the RFI/EMI into their system in the first place...
    Well, not only can RFI/EMI be intruded into the audio components from the surrounding but the device itself creates its own RFI/EMI, from the power source. These magical hangers and balls supposedly suck them out like a water stream, or I call it "funnel" like a tornado.. From what I heard, they also suck out other unwanted electrical noise from the electronics. Hence you get clean power.

In other words, no matter how well you build the computer system (or audio equipment), your toys (audio equipment for example) will still get infested by the virus (RFI/EMI and electrical noise). I believe these things can reduce that virus to a great degree.

Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    for gods sake the "usb" one is an 8gb usb flash drive with some clay molded to it (3,000$).. if this guy ever actually sold one i would kill myself due to complete and utter disgust in humanity.
    Another guy from other site told me looks like plywood.

that said im out, enjoy your 100,000$ power cables and malware blocking clay Christmas ornaments..
    Please don't leave. I want you all to enjoy and get info as to what I am about to find out.

Xtreme Addict
    Oh hes at it again

Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez View Post
    Well, not only can RFI/EMI be intruded into the audio components from the surrounding but the device itself creates its own RFI/EMI, from the power source. These magical hangers and balls supposedly suck them out like a water stream, or I call it "funnel" like a tornado.. From what I heard, they also suck out other unwanted electrical noise from the electronics. Hence you get clean power.
    Simply gluing rocks and crystals to a piece of wire doesnt provide a path to ground for taking away EMI. And if you are looking for more of a magnet style approach to pull away RFI then this wont help either as it doesnt encircle the audio (or are you using it for video?) cable completely and it doesnt have magnetic properties in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez View Post
    Please don't leave. I want you all to enjoy and get info as to what I am about to find out.
    Honestly, your about to find that you got suckered into spending 20x the cost for at best only a very marginal improvement.
    Rig 1:
    ASUS P8Z77-V
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.75GHz
    16GB of Team Xtreme DDR-2666 RAM (11-13-13-35-2T)
    Nvidia GTX 670 4GB SLI

Rig 2:
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX
    AMD FX-8350 @ 5.6GHz
    16GB of Mushkin DDR-1866 RAM (8-9-8-26-1T)
    AMD 6950 with 6970 bios flash

Yamakasi Catleap 2B overclocked to 120Hz refresh rate
    Audio-GD FUN DAC unit w/ AD797BRZ opamps
    Sennheiser PC350 headset w/ hero mod

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EniGmA1987 View Post
    Simply gluing rocks and crystals to a piece of wire doesnt provide a path to ground for taking away EMI. And if you are looking for more of a magnet style approach to pull away RFI then this wont help either as it doesnt encircle the audio (or are you using it for video?) cable completely and it doesnt have magnetic properties in the first place.
    I am not sure if magnet style approach will work just because it's EMI...

It will be for both audio and video as I have a plasma screen.

Honestly, your about to find that you got suckered into spending 20x the cost for at best only a very marginal improvement.
    I said this before. I didn't pay a dime for this Ground Hanger... it's coming for free.

cheez

Xtreme Mentor
    Cheez, it is embarrassing to me that you are you still backing up these products as if they provide measurable performance benefits. Post the formulas and calculations that show this to be true and we will become believers too...
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d

Xtreme Addict
    I'm unsure of whether these threads are inception level trolling but if they are then putting them in a legit forum section is spamming.

Not to sound nasty but you also recently created a thread about how eating certain vitamins is 'the' cure for all cancer so either you are destructively trolling this place in a very malicious way or you are foolhardy and need to learn about the basis of proven evidence and control tests, for both threads. The one that insults the triviality of a serious illness and this one that insults anybody with a level of audio engineering experience.

I've come out of not posting for years to say this and it's not done lightly or without careful thought. Please stop this.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Oooh! Thanks cheez.... This is like reading the Sunday comic section!
    24/7 Cruncher #1
    Crosshair VII Hero, Ryzen 3900X, 4.0 GHz @ 1.225v, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 AIO, 4x8GB GSKILL 3600MHz C15, ASUS TUF 3090 OC
    Samsung 980 1TB NVMe, Samsung 870 QVO 1TB, 2x10TB WD Red RAID1, Win 10 Pro, Enthoo Luxe TG, EVGA SuperNOVA 1200W P2

24/7 Cruncher #2
    ASRock X470 Taichi, Ryzen 3900X, 4.0 GHz @ 1.225v, Arctic Liquid Freezer 280 AIO, 2x16GB GSKILL NEO 3600MHz C16, EVGA 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
    Samsung 970 EVO 250GB NVMe, Samsung 870 EVO 500GBWin 10 Ent, Enthoo Pro, Seasonic FOCUS Plus 850W

24/7 Cruncher #3
    GA-P67A-UD4-B3 BIOS F8 mod, 2600k (L051B138) @ 4.5 GHz, 1.260v full load, Arctic Liquid 120, (Boots Win @ 5.6 GHz per Massman binning)
    Samsung Green 4x4GB @2133 C10, EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Hybrid, Samsung 870 EVO 500GB, 2x1TB WD Red RAID1, Win10 Ent, Rosewill Rise, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W G2

24/7 Cruncher #4 ... Crucial M225 64GB SSD Donated to Endurance Testing (Died at 968 TB of writes...no that is not a typo!)
    GA-EP45T-UD3LR BIOS F10 modded, Q6600 G0 VID 1.212 (L731B536), 3.6 GHz 9x400 @ 1.312v full load, Zerotherm Zen FZ120
    OCZ 2x2GB DDR3-1600MHz C7, Gigabyte 7950 @1200/1250, Crucial MX100 128GB, 2x1TB WD Red RAID1, Win10 Ent, Centurion 590, XFX PRO650W

Music System
    SB Server->SB Touch w/Android Tablet as a remote->Denon AVR-X3300W->JBL Studio Series Floorstanding Speakers, JBL LS Center, 2x SVS SB-2000 Subs

Xtreme Mentor
    Or the troll with the highest ever post count

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    I'm unsure of whether these threads are inception level trolling but if they are then putting them in a legit forum section is spamming.

Not to sound nasty but you also recently created a thread about how eating certain vitamins is 'the' cure for all cancer so either you are destructively trolling this place in a very malicious way or you are foolhardy and need to learn about the basis of proven evidence and control tests, for both threads. The one that insults the triviality of a serious illness and this one that insults anybody with a level of audio engineering experience.

I've come out of not posting for years to say this and it's not done lightly or without careful thought. Please stop this.
    Did you mean off-the-shelf vitamin pills or natural food?

You must work for drug company or work at hospital... There are plenty of supporting information regarding eating the right food to cure many diseases. I was trying to help out others for their good health. It's not my fault you didn't read all articles in the links I provided there. You just glimpsed at it without actually taking the time to read. And telling me that is trolling, you are trolling. Please stop with your trolling.

cheez
    Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 02-28-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
    Cheez, it is embarrassing to me that you are you still backing up these products as if they provide measurable performance benefits. Post the formulas and calculations that show this to be true and we will become believers too...
    Yes, I am I.

I wasn't backing up his ground hangers. That is because I haven't tried it. You could say I take his words and am willing to try it out. We will find out how this performs once I get it. I still haven't received it. It is reaching 5 weeks which is retarded.

cheez

c[_]
    You should replace the fill material in your speaker enclosures with cat fur, I hear the fur is second only to baby seal and polar bear fur in absorption capabilities of non-harmonic distortion due to the way the hair grows. Dog, horse, and human hair increase wave refraction so dont use them..

Xtreme Mentor
    Or unicorn blood, it's of the highest purity

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast