Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried the Ground Hanger for your Audio Equipment? No not the Clothes Hanger

c[_]
    You should see how out of shape bronies get when you try getting some of that!

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Banned
    While waiting I have some present for you to keep you entertained.

Part I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UftW6dJ9CTI

Part II
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOokAsESpE0

From what I heard not only will give you better sound but your PC will be more stable from overclock. This means better benchmark scores for your PC's too, same clock for clock.

cheez
    Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 03-02-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    LOL are you serious the pc wouldnt boot without it but magically did when you put that on there? more stable overclock? what are you smoking cuz i could use some of that

" If it has silver wiring, or is large, then it's one of the best GroundHangers for overclocking"

"Boot-up times

Without GroundHanger: Infinite
    GroundHanger 8.0: 146 seconds
    GroundHanger Transiental Parabola: 146 seconds
    GroundHanger 2.0 Body Waves: 152 seconds
    GroundHanger 3.0 Silver Black Ship: 120 seconds
    GroundHanger 8.0: 70 seconds
    Without GroundHanger: 150 seconds
    GroundHanger 8.0: 70 seconds"

"Old computers which are at the end of their lifetime become unstable at default voltages, GroundHanger increases stability so you don't need to buy a new computer.
    Something else that is useful with GroundHanger is extreme overclocking. Due to the greater stability, you can overclock higher."

you have got to be kidding me...
    Last edited by Circaflex; 03-02-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    i9-10900k@5.3ghz//MSI MEG z490 Unify//32GB Gskill TridentZ b.die@DDR4666//RTX 2080ti(+150/+700) kingpin bios//Samsung 970 Pro//Corsair AX1200i
    Custom Loop: Dual DDCs->Dual EK XE360 w/GT's -> HK IV CPU -> HK IV GPU ->EK X3 Res controlled by Aquaero 6

Xtreme Mentor
    Circaflex, it's been a long time since I've seen a prescott cpu being used. hows she running? I had a 3.2E as well and I ran it at 4.2 daily I believe. If I recall I spend one day at 4.4 Ghz using a Vantec Tornado. The house began to lift off so I had to turn it off.. lots of fun though!

On a side note..Based on observation, Noobiecheez has no technical background of any kind with any of the science fields. While it makes good fun for you to write up threads like this, it's even more fun for us in our point of view. Never have I met or heard of someone so ignorant in the ways of science-- and I believe you are the only person in the world that would insist that not even "a duck floats in water," based on your severe lack of observation of the world around you. I am never posting in the same thread that you start ever again, I have learned my lesson.
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This thread is just LOL honestly, you see all this snake oil junk get pushed on audiophile forums but seeing it now make an appearance here is kinda dissapointing. OP you really should stop posting these nonsense threads or a few of us might die laughing at how ridiculous some of this is

Xtreme Addict
    This thread is pretty amusing at the clear attempt of trolling. Would probably be easier to just slap a ban on the Op and be done with it. Its not like they provide anything beneficial to the forums anyway.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Circaflex View Post
    LOL are you serious the pc wouldnt boot without it but magically did when you put that on there? more stable overclock? what are you smoking cuz i could use some of that

" If it has silver wiring, or is large, then it's one of the best GroundHangers for overclocking"

"Boot-up times

GroundHanger 8.0: 146 seconds
    GroundHanger Transiental Parabola: 146 seconds
    GroundHanger 2.0 Body Waves: 152 seconds
    GroundHanger 3.0 Silver Black Ship: 120 seconds
    GroundHanger 8.0: 70 seconds
    Without GroundHanger: 150 seconds
    GroundHanger 8.0: 70 seconds"

"Old computers which are at the end of their lifetime become unstable at default voltages, GroundHanger increases stability so you don't need to buy a new computer.
    Something else that is useful with GroundHanger is extreme overclocking. Due to the greater stability, you can overclock higher."

you have got to be kidding me...
    I'm glad you laugh and keep happy. This is good thing.
    I would imagine this would replace your failed capacitors as it's one of the components that start to fail with the computers that reach close to end of life. Corroded / blown capacitors often cause your system to crash, such as hard freeze. This can happen during bootup, while OS is running, or when shutting down the PC. I had seen PC's that freeze when trying to shutdown... It makes sense to me that removing electrical noise out of the system makes it run better and more stable. I think Patrick will agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
    Circaflex, it's been a long time since I've seen a prescott cpu being used. hows she running? I had a 3.2E as well and I ran it at 4.2 daily I believe. If I recall I spend one day at 4.4 Ghz using a Vantec Tornado. The house began to lift off so I had to turn it off.. lots of fun though!

On a side note..Based on observation, Noobiecheez has no technical background of any kind with any of the science fields. While it makes good fun for you to write up threads like this, it's even more fun for us in our point of view. Never have I met or heard of someone so ignorant in the ways of science-- and I believe you are the only person in the world that would insist that not even "a duck floats in water," based on your severe lack of observation of the world around you. I am never posting in the same thread that you start ever again, I have learned my lesson.
    I can understand that mechanical engineers will have hard time accepting this. Electrical engineers may have better chance accepting this new approach. I think this is fairly new tech. A lot of people haven't caught up yet, and there will be millions of skeptics. Only way to find out is for you to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
    This thread is just LOL honestly, you see all this snake oil junk get pushed on audiophile forums but seeing it now make an appearance here is kinda dissapointing. OP you really should stop posting these nonsense threads or a few of us might die laughing at how ridiculous some of this is
    I'm glad it made you fun. Laughing is good, so please keep doing it... I laughed a little bit when I first saw this, but I find it serious now. I'm going to try this out and see how it turns out.

cheez
    Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 03-04-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    obvious troll is obvious

"Alien crystal formula" are you guys serious with this? How can a company charge so much for cables and have such a crap website that looks like pure fraud? 800+ dollars for one of these "magical" hangers? all the way up to 3500? What kind of idiotic person actually buys this stuff? if you bought the proper equipment in the first place you wouldnt need stuff like this.
    i just cant get enough of this LOL http://www.coconut-audio.com/cables/computer.htm tell me how a super usb cable will help on a computer? or a super sata cable? i feel bad for the idiots that waste money on this crap.
    Last edited by Circaflex; 03-04-2013 at 10:48 AM.
    i9-10900k@5.3ghz//MSI MEG z490 Unify//32GB Gskill TridentZ b.die@DDR4666//RTX 2080ti(+150/+700) kingpin bios//Samsung 970 Pro//Corsair AX1200i
    Custom Loop: Dual DDCs->Dual EK XE360 w/GT's -> HK IV CPU -> HK IV GPU ->EK X3 Res controlled by Aquaero 6

Banned
    obvious troll is obvious

"Alien crystal formula" are you guys serious with this? How can a company charge so much for cables and have such a crap website that looks like pure fraud? 800+ dollars for one of these "magical" hangers? all the way up to 3500? What kind of idiotic person actually buys this stuff? if you bought the proper equipment in the first place you wouldnt need stuff like this.
    So you actually agreed that stuff like this has impact on electronics for clean operation? Ha ha. Thank you for agreeing.

i just cant get enough of this LOL http://www.coconut-audio.com/cables/computer.htm tell me how a super usb cable will help on a computer? or a super sata cable? i feel bad for the idiots that waste money on this crap.
    USB cable definitely does affect. This has been talked about from various audio forums. There are over 100 pages discussing regarding how higher end USB cables have impact on sound. This is old news actually.

Here you go -->> http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6...r-and-dac-372/

It will take you weeks to read the whole thing. Be sure you don't go fall asleep.

As for the SATA cable.... that's fairly new to me. I haven't thought about it. But I think, if you get a good power cable (high-end) all your components in the computer case will have impact on it. The SATA cable, I think, will give you the extra cleanness. It's no longer just 1's and 0's for data transmission. I am not making a policy here. I'm just voicing out my opinion here..

cheez
    Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 03-04-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    who hooks up their pc audio equipment via usb though its just printers and externals which this does nothing for them and no i dont agree with any of this, if you buy the right equipment you can ignore these cables and if your equipment is so low end that you need this you are better off getting the right stuff instead of wasting money on these gimmicks and a sata cable doesnt need this, you are freakin crazy obviously you work for them or sell these products because its all just a JOKE do you any actual data or just these crappy trance filled youtube videos?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez View Post
    I can understand that mechanical engineers will have hard time accepting this. Electrical engineers may have better chance accepting this new approach. I think this is fairly new tech. A lot of people haven't caught up yet, and there will be millions of skeptics. Only way to find out is for you to try it out.
    cheez
    No they wont, as I already explained this hangar thing has no logic when you look at it from an electronics standpoint.
    Rig 1:
    ASUS P8Z77-V
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.75GHz
    16GB of Team Xtreme DDR-2666 RAM (11-13-13-35-2T)
    Nvidia GTX 670 4GB SLI

Rig 2:
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX
    AMD FX-8350 @ 5.6GHz
    16GB of Mushkin DDR-1866 RAM (8-9-8-26-1T)
    AMD 6950 with 6970 bios flash

Yamakasi Catleap 2B overclocked to 120Hz refresh rate
    Audio-GD FUN DAC unit w/ AD797BRZ opamps
    Sennheiser PC350 headset w/ hero mod

Quote Originally Posted by EniGmA1987 View Post
    No they wont, as I already explained this hangar thing has no logic when you look at it from an electronics standpoint.
    +1 I study Electronic and Electrical engineering.... and this literally makes no sense at all

Banned
    who hooks up their pc audio equipment via usb though
    It is mostly found in high-end audio equipment. For low-ends, they don't have USB port... Most high-end ones such as external DAC's (pre-amp) have USB port on back, so that you can connect it from your source (PC for example). These external DAC's run several thousand dollars each. Some go up well over $10k. They often require some high-end USB cords, not the generic ones that come with the box.

its just printers and externals which this does nothing for them and no i dont agree with any of this
    For printers I would use the generic USB cable, unless you want to improve signal speed and quality. But how well the printing goes isn't my top priority. Sound is.

For USB external hard drives, I would use a descent quality USB cable as you don't want to add more noise to already intoxicated (RF city) computer. More hard drives add more noise. They are proportional. SSD's help reduce that noise by good amount.

if you buy the right equipment you can ignore these cables
    Not really. Benchmark USB DAC-1 (preamp) has USB port and requires a good USB cable to improve sound quality. Benchmark USB DAC-1 costs $1200. $600 USB cable will suffice quite well, Audioquest Diamond for example. I prefer the Wireworld Starlight variety as they perform better da money.

and if your equipment is so low end that you need this
    Some of the low end equipment don't even have USB port for audio... 3.5mm mini ports are more common with low ends. RCA is higher up, same goes true with the USB.

you are better off getting the right stuff instead of wasting money
    I already told you what's the right stuff (high-end) and what's the wrong stuff (low-end) as far as the auido equipment is concerned.

a sata cable doesnt need this
    I have no comment about SATA cables... I feel I don't really need it. I don't know why you keep saying I want SATA cables so bad. I never talked about it. You did. I would be happy with the power cable and clothes hangers oops I mean.. ground hangers.

you are freakin crazy
    No, I'm just a bit different than others. I also have taste and am artistic.

obviously you work for them or sell these products because its all just a JOKE do you any actual data or just these crappy trance filled youtube videos?
    I told you already. I am not Patrick. I am IamAnoobieCheez who is inspired with Patrick's stuff. As for the trance music in his videos, I love them. Some of them are just awesome. I am trying to buy a copy from the artist, but having trouble getting it as it's old ('90's).

I am getting worried though. It's been over 5 weeks and i still haven't received my power cord and ground hanger (in the same package).

If I don't receive it, I can't give any feedback about the product! I paid a lot of money for this package, I mean a lot. Don't ask.

cheez

Xtreme Addict
    Some of the low end equipment don't even have USB port for audio... 3.5mm mini ports are more common with low ends. RCA is higher up, same goes true with the USB.
    Just so you know, RCA is more considered low end. At best it can only be considered mid-grade. High end things use a properly balanced connector or a proprietary connector of their own design that is balanced. RCA is a generic unbalanced interconnect that is only used anymore for consumer grade receivers.
    Rig 1:
    ASUS P8Z77-V
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.75GHz
    16GB of Team Xtreme DDR-2666 RAM (11-13-13-35-2T)
    Nvidia GTX 670 4GB SLI

Rig 2:
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX
    AMD FX-8350 @ 5.6GHz
    16GB of Mushkin DDR-1866 RAM (8-9-8-26-1T)
    AMD 6950 with 6970 bios flash

Yamakasi Catleap 2B overclocked to 120Hz refresh rate
    Audio-GD FUN DAC unit w/ AD797BRZ opamps
    Sennheiser PC350 headset w/ hero mod

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Cheez will you marry me?

c[_]
    It is mostly found in high-end audio equipment. For low-ends, they don't have USB port... Most high-end ones such as external DAC's (pre-amp) have USB port on back, so that you can connect it from your source (PC for example). These external DAC's run several thousand dollars each. Some go up well over $10k. They often require some high-end USB cords, not the generic ones that come with the box.

For printers I would use the generic USB cable, unless you want to improve signal speed and quality. But how well the printing goes isn't my top priority. Sound is.

For USB external hard drives, I would use a descent quality USB cable as you don't want to add more noise to already intoxicated (RF city) computer. More hard drives add more noise. They are proportional. SSD's help reduce that noise by good amount.

Not really. Benchmark USB DAC-1 (preamp) has USB port and requires a good USB cable to improve sound quality. Benchmark USB DAC-1 costs $1200. $600 USB cable will suffice quite well, Audioquest Diamond for example. I prefer the Wireworld Starlight variety as they perform better da money.

I already told you what's the right stuff (high-end) and what's the wrong stuff (low-end) as far as the auido equipment is concerned.

I have no comment about SATA cables... I feel I don't really need it. I don't know why you keep saying I want SATA cables so bad. I never talked about it. You did. I would be happy with the power cable and clothes hangers oops I mean.. ground hangers.

No, I'm just a bit different than others. I also have taste and am artistic.

I told you already. I am not Patrick. I am IamAnoobieCheez who is inspired with Patrick's stuff. As for the trance music in his videos, I love them. Some of them are just awesome. I am trying to buy a copy from the artist, but having trouble getting it as it's old ('90's).

I am getting worried though. It's been over 5 weeks and i still haven't received my power cord and ground hanger (in the same package).

If I don't receive it, I can't give any feedback about the product! I paid a lot of money for this package, I mean a lot. Don't ask.

cheez

So, do you or do you not have this "ground hanger" yet?

Here you claim your have it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOokAsESpE0

Yet numerous times on the forums you mention it has not yet shipped.

Also I find it amusing that you think USB cables (protip: digital signal) will affect your audio that much.. but then again look at the rest of your claims I guess.

edit

I think the funniest thing about hat video (other than the tin foil behind the monitor) is that the "ground hanger" is being placed on the monitor, not on the PC.. let alone that the video is 2 years old and on an XP system.
    Last edited by STEvil; 03-04-2013 at 07:45 PM.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Stevil, will you be my groomsman at our wedding??

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post

Also I find it amusing that you think USB cables (protip: digital signal) will affect your audio that much.. but then again look at the rest of your claims I guess.

edit

I think the funniest thing about hat video (other than the tin foil behind the monitor) is that the "ground hanger" is being placed on the monitor, not on the PC.. let alone that the video is 2 years old and on an XP system.
    For some reason that clip reminds me of the "Blair Witch Project"...
    Not sure if it's the shaky video, the Windows load screen appearing to be crying, or all the twisted gear involved!
    Regardless, it all seems like a bunch of super-natural crap to me...

If your really serious Cheez, you obviously have too much money to throw around!

Maybe Kain proposed so you can send $10k to build a transporter to get there faster...

ROI would be the same in both cases.
    AMD FX-8350 (1237 PGN) | Asus Crosshair V Formula (bios 1703) | G.Skill 2133 CL9 @ 2230 9-11-10 | Sapphire HD 6870 | Samsung 830 128Gb SSD / 2 WD 1Tb Black SATA3 storage | Corsair TX750 PSU
    Watercooled ST 120.3 & TC 120.1 / MCP35X XSPC Top / Apogee HD Block | WIN7 64 Bit HP | Corsair 800D Obsidian Case

First Computer: Commodore Vic 20 (circa 1981).

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
    Or the troll with the highest ever post count
    Can't believe this is still going on. We shouldn't be subject to this kind of nonsense and stupidity on a forum like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubar View Post
    This thread is pretty amusing at the clear attempt of trolling. Would probably be easier to just slap a ban on the Op and be done with it. Its not like they provide anything beneficial to the forums anyway.
    Got my vote for this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Daveburt714 View Post
    If your really serious Cheez, you obviously have too much money to throw around!
    But not the brains to handle that money.
    Last edited by bluestang; 03-05-2013 at 07:16 AM.
    24/7 Cruncher #1
    Crosshair VII Hero, Ryzen 3900X, 4.0 GHz @ 1.225v, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 AIO, 4x8GB GSKILL 3600MHz C15, ASUS TUF 3090 OC
    Samsung 980 1TB NVMe, Samsung 870 QVO 1TB, 2x10TB WD Red RAID1, Win 10 Pro, Enthoo Luxe TG, EVGA SuperNOVA 1200W P2

24/7 Cruncher #2
    ASRock X470 Taichi, Ryzen 3900X, 4.0 GHz @ 1.225v, Arctic Liquid Freezer 280 AIO, 2x16GB GSKILL NEO 3600MHz C16, EVGA 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
    Samsung 970 EVO 250GB NVMe, Samsung 870 EVO 500GBWin 10 Ent, Enthoo Pro, Seasonic FOCUS Plus 850W

24/7 Cruncher #3
    GA-P67A-UD4-B3 BIOS F8 mod, 2600k (L051B138) @ 4.5 GHz, 1.260v full load, Arctic Liquid 120, (Boots Win @ 5.6 GHz per Massman binning)
    Samsung Green 4x4GB @2133 C10, EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Hybrid, Samsung 870 EVO 500GB, 2x1TB WD Red RAID1, Win10 Ent, Rosewill Rise, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W G2

24/7 Cruncher #4 ... Crucial M225 64GB SSD Donated to Endurance Testing (Died at 968 TB of writes...no that is not a typo!)
    GA-EP45T-UD3LR BIOS F10 modded, Q6600 G0 VID 1.212 (L731B536), 3.6 GHz 9x400 @ 1.312v full load, Zerotherm Zen FZ120
    OCZ 2x2GB DDR3-1600MHz C7, Gigabyte 7950 @1200/1250, Crucial MX100 128GB, 2x1TB WD Red RAID1, Win10 Ent, Centurion 590, XFX PRO650W

Music System
    SB Server->SB Touch w/Android Tablet as a remote->Denon AVR-X3300W->JBL Studio Series Floorstanding Speakers, JBL LS Center, 2x SVS SB-2000 Subs

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EniGmA1987 View Post
    Just so you know, RCA is more considered low end. At best it can only be considered mid-grade. High end things use a properly balanced connector or a proprietary connector of their own design that is balanced. RCA is a generic unbalanced interconnect that is only used anymore for consumer grade receivers.
    RCA supports wide range of audio equipment. The ones you are referring to have poor quality connectors. The ones I am referring to are the single-ended RCA cables and connectors found in mid-to-high end audio components. They are made of better quality and used for professional audio as well. The balanced connectors are another option, XLR for example, but is limited in compatibility. You also need good XLR cables to benefit from audio quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Kain665 View Post
    Cheez will you marry me?
    Are you a pretty gal? I prefer a Japanese chick.

Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post

No I don't have it. The Ground Hanger is included in the package (power cable) Patrick says... but I have not received the package, and has been 5.3 weeks which is retarded. He told me to check my local USPS office today to see what sup.

edit

The difference will be smaller if you have poor quality performing speakers. With bunny ears you should be able to tell the difference, even with a little pair of speakers. This USB cable talk is really old.

From what I heard, you can place as many hangers as you would like on various electronic components, whether be a TV, PC monitor, receiver / amp, pre-amp, sound card, laptop, gaming console, external hard drive, STB, etc etc etc.

cheez
    Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 03-05-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Xtreme Member
    This is the most ridiculous thread yet I am fascinated by the Op's apparently inexhaustible ability to play conversational hopscotch whilst defecating from his face hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    Nonsense,

There is no spoon.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Elloquin View Post
    This is the most ridiculous thread yet I am fascinated by the Op's apparently inexhaustible ability to play conversational hopscotch whilst defecating from his face hole.
    Remind you of anyone ?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I dunno about you guys, but I find these threads very amusing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Elloquin View Post
    I run like Energizer. I can manage things pretty well.. I like that word "hopscotch" of yours. Thanks for the cool word.

Guys, UPDATE:

I stopped by at my local USPS office last night after work. The office lady sez she couldn't find my package.

I called the International Inquiry Center this mornin' to find out what sup. They once again, told me to contact the sender and have him contact International Inquiry to investigate....

Man, I am sick and tired of this waiting. I'm the person that can't stand waiting even for a few days and it's been taking nearly 6 weeks... I do not know if I will ever get the package. Maybe it's lost. I may wait upto two additional weeks and if I don't get it by then, I will have to ask for a refund. This is really sad.

So let's put this thread to sleep for now.

cheez
    Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 03-06-2013 at 07:41 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Maybe the aliens intercepted it to repossess their secret technology...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast