Thread: First Lian Li Chassis With Motherboard Railing System - PC-9N

First Lian Li Chassis With Motherboard Railing System - PC-9N

We have just officially announced our first chassis with that implements our new railing system motherboard tray - PC-9N. Tell us what you think.

For the Americans out there, the PC-9N will be available at the end of February.
    For everyone else expect it to arrive in stores around the end of March.
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

I think there should be more hard drive mounts. Why so few in a case that big?

The idea for the PC-9N was to make a simple, back to basics case (excluding the rail motherboard mounting), therefore we did not want to go overboard with hard drive bays. While it is true that we have mini-ITX cases with more HDD bays than the PC-9N (namely the PC-Q25 and PC-Q18), this was not the target we were going for with this case.

Not to answer a question with a question, but how many drives do you usually use in a mid tower case?
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Xtremely Hot Sauce
    More drive mounts is where I'm at, too. My server has 5 3.5" drives, my main has 5 3.5" drives + 1 2.5" drive.

My toys:
    Asus Sabertooth X58 | Core i7-950 (D0) | CM Hyper 212+ | G.Skill Sniper LV 12GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | GeForce GTX 670-2048MB | OCZ Agility 4 512GB, WD Raptor 150GB x 3 (RAID0), WD Black 1TB x 2 (RAID0) | XFX 650W CAH9 | Lian-Li PC-9F | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | Core i7-920 (D0) | Stock HSF | G.Skill Sniper LV 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512MB | WD Caviar 80GB IDE, 4TB x 2 (RAID5) | Corsair TX750 | XClio 188AF | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Dell Dimension 8400 | Pentium 4 530 HT (E0) | Stock HSF | 1.5GB DDR2-400 CL3 | GeForce 8800 GT 256MB | WD Caviar 160GB SATA | Stock PSU | (Broken) Stock Case | Win Vista HP x86
    Little Dot DAC_I | Little Dot MK IV | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium (600 Ω) | TEAC AG-H300 MkIII | Polk Audio Monitor 5 Series 2's

Quote Originally Posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
    Not to answer a question with a question, but how many drives do you usually use in a mid tower case?
    I have two mid towers, both Lian Li. One has 6 HD's (3x 3.5, 3x 2.5) and 2 DVD's, the other has 10 HD's (6x 3.5, 4x 2.5) and 2 DVD's

Seems to me that it is a waste of space to make a case as large as the 9N with so few HD slots. If I want a system with just a couple of HD's I'll use a very small case.
    Last edited by UrbanVoyeur; 03-11-2013 at 04:22 AM.

Xtreme Member
    I remove hdd cages...I use an ssd and an hdd. I consider myself more of an overclocker and bencher than a gamer, and don't store loads of pics or whatnot.
    I prefer maximum performance and cooling prowess over hdd bays.

I think this case would be ideal for someone like me, although I'd mod the front panel to accomodate a second 140mm front intake, aiming at the gpu area.
    The front to back, bottom to top flow doesn't make sense to me (air heated by gpu pointed at the cpu cooler...no go)
    Last edited by Ivanlabrie; 03-05-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanlabrie View Post
    I'd mod the front panel to accomodate a second 140mm front intake, aiming at the gpu area.
    Good idea. +1

Aussie God
    Looks good, but room for improvement, I'm totally on to the X2000 chassie, unfortunately its 700 USD here....
    But please, make chassies with optical and SSD above or below mobo, making it a SHORT chassie - just fans in front and directly towards mobo and graphics cards, no crap (such as HDD/SSD) blocking the path...

Just direct airflow, which will allow very low RPM on fans and still great performance - killing noise and heat, what more could one wish for?
    So, why do I even want a chassie?
    - Its nice to hide the hardware a bit, and those dustfilters in every intake sure do serve me well!
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!