I have a dual sossaman box running WCG. Not a lot of horsepower but it is a fun little 2P box Anyway, I have some friends who have local backups of their stuff but like the idea of having offsite backup. So we looked into the typical Carbonite, etc, but then I got the idea that maybe I should look into hosting my very own FTP server they could then back up to. Saves them money, it could be fun to do, I could use it for other things, and hey, the box is running already anyway They would run their backups at night so it won't affect my internet or theirs too much... my download rate is far faster than their uploads combined, so that's a non-issue.

So... ideas of how to go about this? The box currently has XP Pro but that's just what I had lying around when I set it up. I could go with something else.

Also, I have a dynamic IP as is typical, so I'd need some sort of dynamic DNS service I guess. There used to be some free ones but not sure if they are or not or which is recommended, or whatever. So info for that would be helpful too.

Danke!