Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aliens: Colonial Marines

Xtremeish
    That video Olivon is just staggering.

The complete first video that came out:

Could this have been a scripted render? Thinking back I remember finding the video a bit too polished to be a showcase. Something seemed a bit off.
    For the final version they have recreated so much and seemingly removed a lot of decent content. Like the guns on the table, wth.
    If it really was a console performance issue, could they not have just released it later than the PC version? Which would not tarnish their publicity as much.
    I find this whole project weird at the moment, wonder if the cause will be leaked soon.

As a final blow, take a look at what some modders have done with CryEngine3.
    Aliens vs Marines gameplay (Cryengine 3 mod)
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Xtreme Addict
    The newest title I have is a 2010 game,kane & lynch 2 dog days.I was looking to buy this .This proves that games can't compete with great movies and great games are seldom.

Xtreme Mentor
    From Dream To Disaster: The Story Of Aliens: Colonial Marines - Kotaku

In 2011, TimeGate started facing big problems. The first major problem was the game's story: even four years after Colonial Marines was announced, nobody had locked down a final script. Narrative designers at both Gearbox and TimeGate were writing and rewriting constantly, and TimeGate had to discard entire scenes and levels because of story changes during development, according to three sources.
    In the middle of 2012, once Gearbox had finished most of Borderlands 2, they took the project back from TimeGate. And Gearbox changed everything?partially because what TimeGate had produced was not very good, two sources told me, and partially because it couldn't run on the PlayStation3.

"[Gearbox made] big changes to lighting, texture and shader complexity," said one source who had not played the final game, but was familiar with some of the later builds. "Design elements were altered or redone entirely. It looks like a lot of [TimeGate's] assets remained intact, with the exception of lower-res textures and faster-performing shaders."
    While some details remain sketchy, we're starting to see a more complete picture of how Aliens: Colonial Marines turned out so awful. Bureaucratic meddling and a troubled development cycle have turned this game from Alien fan's dream to unmitigated disaster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12