Thread: [Resolved] Whats a good data recovery program under $15? (SD card problem)

Xtreme Addict

[Resolved] Whats a good data recovery program under $15? (SD card problem)

My mother is having a problem with the SD card in her camera at work, she spent several days filling it up and now its getting a format error message on every reader I've tried and the camera it self. I downloaded BadCopy Pro and it worked great! Found every file, but it wanted me to fork over $40 to save all the files it found. Screw that, I'm not playing $40 for something I'll probably use once. Is there another one just as good for under $15 that can rescue files from an SD card?

Update:
    I tried Recuva and Restoration, didn't work. Didn't even see the drive at all. Fail.

Tried Photorec, and that was just confusing as all get out. I did not understand that at all.
    Last edited by Judaeus Apella; 02-17-2013 at 05:13 PM.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    GetDataBack maybe ? I don't know if it is working with SD cards, but you may want to give it a try.

Xtreme Addict
    I did some more searching, using some different terms this time, and I found something called ZAR. I tried it and it worked great! Its free too! Woot!
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Addict
    This works pretty well. I have used it a few times successfully.

http://www.piriform.com/recuva