Subscribe to New Ads!

    Receive weekly ads in your inbox!

Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Container for transferring LN

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Container for transferring LN


    I am new to the LN cooling but I would like to give it a try since our lab routinely have LN in stock for other applications (I can always borrow some )

    However, I could not find a proper container for transferring small amount of LN. What do you guys use? I found a video in youtube seems using a steel container but I do not know where to buy it:

    If someone could help with this, it would be greatly appropriated!!


  2. #2
    Xtreme Enthusiast Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Decatur, AL
    It's called a dewar. It's a double walled steel tank, there is a vacuum between the inner and outer wall.

    You can find them all over EBay if you search for liquid nitrogen dewar.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuchnit View Post
    Why do you always have to bring two sockets into everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Because a one socket system is only 1/2 a system..
    You got two balls don't you?
    I rest my case!

  3. #3
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Louisville, KY
    If you're talking about the small containers for pouring as opposed to storage, most overclockers use insulated thermoses or carafes.

    This is what I use:

    And I know a lot of people use these:
    Last edited by bassplayer; 03-06-2013 at 10:42 AM.

    i7 920 / X58A-OC / Dominator GT 2000 7-8-7 / 5870 Lightning

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts