So today I experienced the power of a The VL3N models in my loop that had a failed pump. So when I went to remove the hard to reach VL3N-FG I got a leak so I quickly reconnected it and tried to make sure I did not loosen a fitting. When I tried again the QD had a very hard time separating from the male end (felt like I was trying to overcome a vacuum while the coolant was flying out). Note that this was the second half of the loop that I disconnected and my other QD connection had no issues.

After removing it from the line end and replacing it with an older VL2 series I tried it again to see what the issue was. After that it did not work at all and I can see parts of an Oring on the rim. The valve does not close and if you shake it you can hear the valve move around freely!

I was wondering if anyone else has had any crazy issues like this with a QD and was wondering for any recommendations for a fail safe for issues like this in the future. Perhaps I should put a Phobya valve on either side of a QD just as backup...