Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Geforce Titan - GK110 will be a consumer part

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    I don't see 6GB on it...
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Does anyone have any idea how much power 6GB of GDDR5 consumes? I wonder how big of a clock speed increase G110 could receive if TDP was increased to 300W...
    I remember this card Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 TOXIC came with 6GB

Of course I do not compare here the Power Consumption of this card and say the GTX 780 will come with the same Power Consumption, but i put the pictures as an example
    WOOOOOF

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I don't see 6GB on it...
    May come with 6GB and may not, Do not forget that tesla K20X card (GK110) come with 6GB and the TDP Was 235W (8pin-6pin)
    WOOOOOF

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Last Meal View Post
    May come with 6GB and may not, Do not forget that tesla K20X card (GK110) come with 6GB and the TDP Was 235W (8pin-6pin)
    I'm not talking about it fitting the TDP ( which will be higher than the K20X's, but still under 300W, a fair 25W shy AFAIK ), but about the 6GB VRAM capacity exclusively.

All good things come in 3s
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Enthusiast
    8-10W per GB as far as I know.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    Some sites are really blowing this all out of proportion with false information.....
    I just wanted to add a +1 to that, for what it's worth.
    [XC] gomeler - Public note: If you PM me to tell me that I am disrespectful at least have space in your PM box so I can tell you I don't care.

[XC] gomeler - I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Last Meal View Post
    yo guys
    The result that appeared on 3dmark11 program (GTX 780) was fake!!

look here

[*IMG]http://www.techpowerup.com/img/13-01-31/306a.jpg[/IMG]
    http://www.techpowerup.com/179605/Fi...-Revealed.html

and look here

[*IMG]http://www.arabpcworld.com/images/2013/02/GTX-780-GK110-KEPLER-FAKE-1024x641.jpg[/IMG]
    [*IMG]http://www.arabpcworld.com/images/2013/02/GTX-780-FAKE-1024x526.jpg[/IMG]
    http://www.arabpcworld.com/?p=25899

The result not for GTX 780 it is for GTX 690!(Focused in the picture)
    [*IMG]http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net/images/cm-5477-04fa0d7349ad3c.gif[/IMG]

and i see in this Site arabpcworld Other result for GTX 780...do you think fake or not?
    [*IMG]http://www.arabpcworld.com/images/2013/02/NVIDIA-GK110-GTX-780-GPU-Z-3DMAKK11-APCW-01.jpg[/IMG]
    http://www.arabpcworld.com/?p=25911
    JPEG images have a single layer of pixel data. The pictures you linked to magically bringing out data that literally doesn't exist are faked "CSI MAGIC ENHANCE!!!!" stills . I don't know if the actual score is real or not, but the supposed "reveal" is complete bull.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thank you GoldenTiger for the Information
    WOOOOOF

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darakian View Post
    If anything it would be the other way around. Workstation cards carry a higher price tag and thus higher margins.
    But having a much faster consumer flagship card than the competition helps to sell the rest of the product line via the halo effect. Consumer parts can also consume more power, and don't need to be as stable. It's not necessarily "cherry picking," but don't be surprised if Titan comes out with moderately faster specs than K20-X.

Xtreme Addict
    Calm your titties everyone. This is going to be very similar to the K20X in terms of specs, obviously, higher clocks and probably less RAM than some K20X configs.

From what I'm hearing, it should be SIGNIFICANTLY faster than a K10/GTX690 in terms of compute capabilities, which would be huge for a lot of different applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Xtreme Member
    Apparently, NVIDIA just sent a bunch of Titan cards to websites and blogs... so we should see reviews/leaks real soon.

It will be named GTX780Ti, will be 899$ with a TDP of 225W and 6 gig ram.

GTX780 will be based on Titan but with 4 gig of ram and there will be a 2 gig version.

Anyway we'll see real soon.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by vitchilo View Post
    Apparently, NVIDIA just sent a bunch of Titan cards to websites and blogs... so we should see reviews/leaks real soon.

GTX780 will be based on Titan but with 4 gig of ram and there will be a 2 gig version.

(rubs hands together) (Mr. burns voice) Ex-cellent....

Xtreme Mentor
    i cant wait for the announcement

FX-8350(1249PGT) @ 4.7ghz 1.452v, Swiftech H220x
    Asus Crosshair Formula 5 Am3+ bios v1703
    G.skill Trident X (2x4gb) ~1200mhz @ 10-12-12-31-46-2T @ 1.66v
    MSI 7950 TwinFrozr *1100/1500* Cat.14.9
    OCZ ZX 850w psu
    Lian-Li Lancool K62
    Samsung 830 128g
    2 x 1TB Samsung SpinpointF3, 2T Samsung
    Win7 Home 64bit
    My Rig

Xtreme Addict
    I don't like that low TDP. Lower energy consumption is going to lead to lower clocks and lower performance. And if this card is highly restricted, it will honestly a waste of such a potentially monserous card.
    Core i7 920@ 4.66ghz(H2O)
    6gb OCZ platinum
    4870x2 + 4890 in Trifire
    2*640 WD Blacks
    750GB Seagate.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by tajoh111 View Post
    I don't like that low TDP. Lower energy consumption is going to lead to lower clocks and lower performance. And if this card is highly restricted, it will honestly a waste of such a potentially monserous card.
    Agreed, though the flip side is perhaps it'll OC monstrously if it's artificially clocked low to fit within the TDP but easily capable of more? (trying to find a silver lining LOL).

I am Xtreme

Good to know, thanks!
    So GTX780 will basically be a cut down version of Titan?
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Mentor

Where do you hear that ?

TDP is not that low IMO and 4GB/2GB for GTX780 seems weird for a GK110 thing ...

Xtreme Enthusiast

wow nice
    WOOOOOF

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Sounds implausible. Cut down a 384bit interface to 256bit to accomodate 2/4 GB? Don't think so.

My guess:

14/15 SMX, 850 MHz base clock, 930 MHz turbo clock
    384bit, 6GB 6Gbps memory
    275W TDP
    Name "Geforce Titan"
    Last edited by boxleitnerb; 02-06-2013 at 01:15 AM.

Xtreme Member

source please?

Xtreme Member

Xtreme Addict
    lies, lies, and more lies. lots of lies here

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Handrox View Post
    source please?
    Rage3D.

However, from experience, I can tell you that NEITHER AMD nor NVIDIA typically send NDA products out more than two weeks before launch. 1 week is usually the norm. That goes doubly for ultra high end products like the GTX 690.

This allows companies to properly control information from the sites which typically leak like a sieve.

Some other things that should be mentioned.

- Many sites (including that Tom's article) continually repeat the BS which WCCF posted. The 3DMark screenshot has been proven fake time and again yet certain publications refuse to check their information before posting.

- The so-called "pictures" of Titan are obviously Tesla parts and don't belong under the GeForce brand. Again, sites are propagating misleading information in an effort to boost their pageviews.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    Rage3D.

However, from experience, I can tell you that NEITHER AMD nor NVIDIA typically send NDA products out more than two weeks before launch. 1 week is usually the norm. That goes doubly for ultra high end products like the GTX 690.

This allows companies to properly control information from the sites which typically leak like a sieve.

Some other things that should be mentioned.

- Many sites (including that Tom's article) continually repeat the BS which WCCF posted. The 3DMark screenshot has been proven fake time and again yet certain publications refuse to check their information before posting.

- The so-called "pictures" of Titan are obviously Tesla parts and don't belong under the GeForce brand. Again, sites are propagating misleading information in an effort to boost their pageviews.
    Hi, good morning. you have not received anything about this VGA

Xtreme Addict
    Article dated from the 31 Jan. allready discussed some pages ago. Still just a repost of of what WCC have write anyway. Not like i care about it .
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast