Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Geforce Titan - GK110 will be a consumer part

Xtreme Guru
    And in one fell swoop, Ryan may have outed who gave him this information.

As before (with NVIDIA and AMD launches), different dates were released to different industry insiders (board partners, channel partners, etc)...some of which may be accurate, while others are not. This is all in an effort to track down leaks.

It would be nice to see something around that time though! It's been a slow few months with only a few releases.
    Last edited by SKYMTL; 01-23-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Where ever you go, there you are.

Can't get much worse on the compute side of things, but I would expect a nice leap.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ket View Post
    This is where we differ a bit then, AA doesn't bother me too much, 2x clears up most the jaggies and 4x gets rid of them completely. Don't need more than that if running 1680 or 1920+ IMO.
    I use supersampling whenever I get the chance and I run 2560x1440. More horsepower is always welcome for me.

I am Xtreme
    Crysis 3 is coming, and Metro still runs poorly. The more performance the better...
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Crysis 3 is coming, and Metro still runs poorly. The more performance the better...
    I dont care, i just want more horsepower for the benchmarks... damn we are in xtremesystems ? or little Iphonegames.com ?
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    But will Crysis 3 actually be like the original Crysis in terms of system squeezing?

I know C2 was up there, but only after the DX11 patches and so forth.

-PB
    -Project Sakura-
    Intel i7 860 @ 4.0Ghz, Asus Maximus III Formula, 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws X F3 (@ 1600Mhz), 2x GTX 295 Quad SLI
    2x 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 RAID 0, OCZ ZX 1000W, NZXT Phantom (Pink), Dell SX2210T Touch Screen, Windows 8.1 Pro

Koolance RP-401X2 1.1 (w/ Swiftech MCP35X), XSPC EX420, XSPC X-Flow 240, DT Sniper, EK-FC 295s (w/ RAM Blocks), Enzotech M3F Mosfet+NB/SB

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbagz View Post
    But will Crysis 3 actually be like the original Crysis in terms of system squeezing?

I know C2 was up there, but only after the DX11 patches and so forth.

-PB
    Gameplay videos look pretty amazing so far.
    Donate to XS forums
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Guru
    Personally, I feel the massive power of the PC gives game developers a crutch so to speak. Instead of properly optimizing their games, they can use the GPU's power as a fall-back option for somewhat adequate gameplay due to a bare minimum of optimizations. Sometimes I wonder if the PC gaming industry as a whole (let's forget about the hardware vendors) would be better served if NVIDIA and AMD simply idled for a year or so.

It is the epitome of irony that some of the best looking games have been released on consoles. To this day, I still struggle to find a PC game that can match the visuals presented in Killzone 2/3 and the Uncharted series without relying on a $300 graphics card. Meanwhile, both of those games are perfectly playable on 6 year old hardware.

I'm not saying that it isn't exciting to see a new GPU coming. Rather, I think it is time game developers are held accountable for performance shortcomings rather than the hardware or drivers from AMD and NVIDIA....

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    Personally, I feel the massive power of the PC gives game developers a crutch so to speak. Instead of properly optimizing their games, they can use the GPU's power as a fall-back option for somewhat adequate gameplay due to a bare minimum of optimizations. Sometimes I wonder if the PC gaming industry as a whole (let's forget about the hardware vendors) would be better served if NVIDIA and AMD simply idled for a year or so.

It is the epitome of irony that some of the best looking games have been released on consoles. To this day, I still struggle to find a PC game that can match the visuals presented in Killzone 2/3 and the Uncharted series without relying on a $300 graphics card. Meanwhile, both of those games are perfectly playable on 6 year old hardware.

I'm not saying that it isn't exciting to see a new GPU coming. Rather, I think it is time game developers are held accountable for performance shortcomings rather than the hardware or drivers from AMD and NVIDIA....
    I completely agree that what is holding back PC gaming is in fact the game development. but I would point the finger at the publishers equally to the devs. this issue I think comes down to optimization. I cant remember the last AAA game that was made by a major dev that was a PC exclusive on an engine that had proper PC optimization. an in the end it comes down to money. Devs and publishers think (and they might be right) that the only way to make money on AAA type games to is have them on consoles primarily.

i think they assume (and again they might be right) that the market of gamers who would by a PC only AAA game that costs over 10 million to make would not offset the cost of development. thus we get games that made to squeeze every single bit of juice out of the consoles of today (killzone 3, unchartered and Halo 4 being great examples of GREAT looking games) and then we get rushed and sloppy PC ports that waste the PC's processing power. i would guarantee you that if devs put the time and effort into squeezing all the power possible from something like an i5, 4GB of RAM and even a GTX 550 Ti we would get the best looking games ever created and by a substantial margin to boot.

consoles also serve to limit (to an extent) the innovation and gameplay current games can offer. while i would also argue that the publishers force devs to stick to the tried and true to sell rebranded crap (look at COD), when you think about how limited Devs are by things like current consoles RAM (512MB of SHARED in both units IIRC), devs can't play around with larger environments, advanced physics or complex AI models just due to hardware limits.

i am 10% with you in saying that publishers and games devs are the biggest problem with PC gaming right now but i don't think that holding graphics cards for a generation would help the matter that much. game devs would make there games run better on lower end hardware yea but it would not push innovation or better features and graphics to the PC. to do that we need a serious PC game developer and publisher.

my 2 cents
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.5GHz
    Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    RAM: 32GB (8x4GB) Patriot Viper EX @ 1866mhz
    GPU: EVGA GTX Titan (1087Boost/6700Mem)
    Physx: Evga GTX 560 2GB
    Sound: Creative XFI Titanium
    Case: Modded 700D
    PSU: Corsair 1200AX (Fully Sleeved)
    Storage: 2x120GB OCZ Vertex 3's in RAID 0 + WD 600GB V-Raptor + Seagate 1TB
    Cooling: XSPC Raystorm, 2x MCP 655's, FrozenQ Warp Drive, EX360+MCR240+EX120 Rad's

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] hipno650 View Post
    game devs would make there games run better on lower end hardware yea but it would not push innovation or better features and graphics to the PC.
    If they achieve better performance on low end hardware, that's innovation enough for me. At least for now.

That would make PC gaming more accessible for more people, driving up its popularity. The issue with the PC sector at this point is the moving performance goalposts which developers are continually striving to hit. This makes optimizations nigh-on impossible. A ton of hardware choices is a great thing for consumers but in the end, that small factoid may be what ultimately sinks the PC gaming industry.

Xtreme Cruncher
    If they achieve better performance on low end hardware, that's innovation enough for me. At least for now.

That would make PC gaming more accessible for more people, driving up its popularity. The issue with the PC sector at this point is the moving performance goalposts which developers are continually striving to hit. This makes optimizations nigh-on impossible. A ton of hardware choices is a great thing for consumers but in the end, that small factoid may be what ultimately sinks the PC gaming industry.
    well don't get me wrong i would love to see better optimized games for lower end hardware but i would bet that rather than spending the time to optimize games they would more or less leave things alone for the PC platform.

i would agree as well that the PC gaming industry is in a bit of a catch 22 as in order to grow we might need to slow things down. but part of me thinks that game devs and publishers even given the chance wouldn't do much to make proper PC optimizations until they could make money.... which your right would require more PC gamers, which brings us back to the start of the circle.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.5GHz
    Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    RAM: 32GB (8x4GB) Patriot Viper EX @ 1866mhz
    GPU: EVGA GTX Titan (1087Boost/6700Mem)
    Physx: Evga GTX 560 2GB
    Sound: Creative XFI Titanium
    Case: Modded 700D
    PSU: Corsair 1200AX (Fully Sleeved)
    Storage: 2x120GB OCZ Vertex 3's in RAID 0 + WD 600GB V-Raptor + Seagate 1TB
    Cooling: XSPC Raystorm, 2x MCP 655's, FrozenQ Warp Drive, EX360+MCR240+EX120 Rad's

Xtreme Addict
    I miss games like Half Life 2, that was an incredibly well optimized game for the PC..
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    G-Skill Ripjaws X 16Gb - 2133Mhz
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    i7 2600k @ 4.4Ghz
    Sapphire 7970 OC 1.2Ghz
    Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 128Gb

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] hipno650 View Post
    well don't get me wrong i would love to see better optimized games for lower end hardware but i would bet that rather than spending the time to optimize games they would more or less leave things alone for the PC platform.

i would agree as well that the PC gaming industry is in a bit of a catch 22 as in order to grow we might need to slow things down. but part of me thinks that game devs and publishers even given the chance wouldn't do much to make proper PC optimizations until they could make money.... which your right would require more PC gamers, which brings us back to the start of the circle.
    Agree with you, the problem todays is game developpers have just not the time to optimize the games, the developement time allowed by the producers is too short, because faster is finish a game, faster they can work on the next project.
    Last edited by Lanek; 01-26-2013 at 04:39 AM.

I believe it may be time to start leaving behind the traditional publishing methods and move towards the public funding model (i.e. Kickstarter and the like). It gives game developers far more freedom to make the game the way they want, and to respond directly to their backers (us)...
    FINALLY RETIRING VERY SOON: | Lian Li V600B | Asus P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP | C2D E6600 @ 3204MHz | 8Gb Kingston DDR2 PC6400 5-5-5-15 | 8800GTS @ 660/1040MHz | 620W Corsair PSU |

Xtreme Mentor
    If you want to overvolt and properly overclock an nvidia ref board, we all know what you need to do. here's a good example using mods required for Kepler reference boards

So warm up your soldering irons and practice your soldering skills, you'll need them
    Ci7 990X::Rampage III Extreme::12GB Corsair Dominator 1866C7GT::2 x EVGA SC Titans in SLI::Corsair AX1200::TJ07::Watercooled
    Ci7 920 3849B018::Rampage II Extreme::6GB GSKILL Trident 2000C9 BBSE::EVGA GTX580::Antec Signature SG850::TJ09::Aircooled w/TRUE 120X

Xtreme Addict
    WOW, thats alot of fiddley work .... easier to wait for Lightning ....

Bencher/Gamer(1) 4930K - Asus R4E - 2x R9 290x - G.skill Pi 2200c7 or Team 2400LV 4x4GB - EK Supreme HF - SR1-420 - Qnix 2560x1440
    Netbox AMD 5600K - Gigabyte mitx - Aten DVI/USB/120Hz KVM
    PB 1xTitan=16453(3D11), 1xGTX680=13343(3D11), 1x GTX580=8733(3D11)38000(3D06) 1x7970=12059(3D11)40000(vantage)395k(AM3) Folding for team 24

AUSTRALIAN DRAG RACING http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFsbfEIy3Yw

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by spin_doctor View Post
    I believe it may be time to start leaving behind the traditional publishing methods and move towards the public funding model (i.e. Kickstarter and the like). It gives game developers far more freedom to make the game the way they want, and to respond directly to their backers (us)...
    Im right now "part" ( understand i have put a bit of money by pay an access to the alpha beta etc ) of some of this project including Project cars ( a real race simulation made by a team who have work on NFS2 ).. But it is not allways the best way.. thoses studio need too put a lot of money in it ( its good for get the last 40% of the money needed, under it is a bit of a suicide ).

A second way used specially on the simulator ( DCS ) is to let peoples buy the game on a beta phase ( basically you have acess on some part of the game, and can play it, ofc thinking the simulator is not entierely finish ).. its only work if the series is allready well implemented with a large community ( excellent for simulator of flight combat like DCS series ), Many of thoses "gamers" are experienced on real flight combat ( Army, Civil flight etc ) and will contribute then to test the realism of the simulator . But it dont work with all type of games.

Anyway the team are far to be unexperienced on this type of games:
    ( Ingame screensoots early beta phase, the graphics still need a lot work, the game should be out maybe this year )

With a quality like that, hard to dont earn money for contribuate on this project no ?
    Last edited by Lanek; 01-26-2013 at 05:12 AM.

That graphics engine is straight from shift...
    PhenomII X6 1055T | Crosshair IV Formula | 4x2Gb G-SKILL 1600 Ripjaws | 2x460GTX 2GB | Highpoint 2720, 2xAgilty 3 Raid 0/ Corsair Force 60 / 5xWD 1.5TB | Antec Earthwatts 750W | WIN7 64 Bit | Cooler Master Hyper 212+ | Antec NINE HUNDRED TWO | 3x23" Viewsonic

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordell Cahill View Post
    Yes really similar but with more shaders effect ( 3 modes of HDR + Global specular etc etc )... Now the games is more aimed as a real simulation.

Xtremely Kool

Agreed.

Xtreme Addict
    That BMW makes me want a nfs underground 3.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordell Cahill View Post
    Doesn't matter too much in most cases. Models, effects and textures can change a lot. Look at what people can do with Skyrim using mods (and the engine is ancient). Granted, performance wouldn't drop as much with something properly coded, but I welcome image quality increase regardless.

Hopefully Nvidia does not skimp on this card and goes all out. I miss truly high-end designs.
    Last edited by zalbard; 01-26-2013 at 01:04 PM.
    Donate to XS forums

Xtreme Addict
    The 8800 GTX and GTX 580 are the only ones I consider true high end designs.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell Hound View Post
    The 8800 GTX and GTX 580 are the only ones I consider true high end designs.
    You're right, the GTX 280/285 with a 512bit memory bus was so entry-level.
    Last edited by onewingedangel; 01-26-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by onewingedangel View Post
    You're right, the GTX 280/285 with a 512bit memory bus was so entry-level.
    Right gtx285 was nice,double 8800 spec with same power envelope.I guess every other gen you get a true power house.

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast