Thread: B75M-D3H - Can't boot after SATA driver install

Xtreme Member

B75M-D3H - Can't boot after SATA driver install

Good evening,

Bought a combo Gigabyte B75M-D3H + i3 CPU and 250GB SATA HDD set to AHCI mode and every time I install SATA drivers the system doesn't boot anymore (W7 x64).

This happens in standalone install of the driver or installing all drivers with original motherboard DVD.

Someone knows the reason for that?

Thank you
    Last edited by N3RO; 01-19-2013 at 07:18 PM.

I am Xtreme
    you are installing the preinstall drivers or IRST?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sin0822 View Post
    you are installing the preinstall drivers or IRST?
    With pre-install drivers it assumes that my HDD is 465GB when it's only 250GB

So I keep generic driver and let it setup W7, at the end.

When W7 setup is finished, I run IRST (iata_cd.exe) and after reboot there is no boot anymore.

I'm using official drivers available on Gigabyte's website for my MB. http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=4150#dl

This is quite annoying...

Xtreme Member
    And all these new UEFI options/changes... just want a propper Windows 7 install..

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by N3RO View Post
    And all these new UEFI options/changes... just want a propper Windows 7 install..
    Sounds like a screwed up board. I followed your steps, to the letter, without any problems, do the same with any new board, actually, rarely do I find any issues that aren't hardware related.

Perhaps try flashing BIOS to latest before install? Other than that, could be SSD incompatibility..does it has most recent firmware?

Good luck.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post
    Sounds like a screwed up board. I followed your steps, to the letter, without any problems, do the same with any new board, actually, rarely do I find any issues that aren't hardware related.

Perhaps try flashing BIOS to latest before install? Other than that, could be SSD incompatibility..does it has most recent firmware?

Good luck.
    Hello!

Thank you for your feedback.

After all these issues I've decided to flash with the latest beta bios and the problem persists.

HDD is mechanical, not SSD.

I've no knowledge about necessary settings related to EFI and Windows 7 setup. Just enter into "BIOS", set USB with W7 prepared with Microsoft USB/DVD Tool as 1st boot device and let it go.

Don't know if I'm doing something wrong...

Thank you again

I am Xtreme
    Try to make USB drive NOT a boot device, and use F8/F12 at boot to select boot device. Perhaps some odd install oddity where boot partition gety written to USB, I dunno, what you have is not normal, anyway.

When I get aboard, I install CPU and mem and a budget VGA, load optimized defaults, then boot, hit F8, select USB drive to install OS, let it do it's thing, and that's all. It's pretty straight forward. When that is all done ,I install the disc that came with the board, so I can get my screenshots, etc...all of the drivers and such get installed as well. I only skip the antivirus installs, and sometimes google installs arte there too that I skip....everything else I install.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post
    Try to make USB drive NOT a boot device, and use F8/F12 at boot to select boot device. Perhaps some odd install oddity where boot partition gety written to USB, I dunno, what you have is not normal, anyway.

When I get aboard, I install CPU and mem and a budget VGA, load optimized defaults, then boot, hit F8, select USB drive to install OS, let it do it's thing, and that's all. It's pretty straight forward. When that is all done ,I install the disc that came with the board, so I can get my screenshots, etc...all of the drivers and such get installed as well. I only skip the antivirus installs, and sometimes google installs arte there too that I skip....everything else I install.
    Have done this way too,

Loaded optimized defaults, only mobo+cpu+hdd+mems (already memtested) and F12 to select USB boot and the symptoms are the same.

Will try to exchange motherboard tomorrow and check with another B75M-D3H... what a headache