Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swiftech to unveil new H220 all-in-one CPU cooler during CES 2013

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogerlad View Post
    If this pump is equivalent to the 35x, will a standalone version appear soon, replacing the 35x? Also, why integrate pump to waterblock instead of radiator?
    Keep in mind that integrating the pump to the rad makes it bigger... and it wouldn't fit in many cases if such thing was done.
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    im sure bill gates has always wanted OLED Toilet Paper wipe his butt with steve jobs talking about ipad..
    Mini-review: Q6600 vs i5 2500K. Gpu scaling on games.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogerlad View Post
    If this pump is equivalent to the 35x, will a standalone version appear soon, replacing the 35x? Also, why integrate pump to waterblock instead of radiator?
    it looks to be the 9W ddc, i dont think it would very popular outside of the cpu only cooling, and it would not save much if any money.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    Gabe explicitly stated that this pump was not a ddc.

Xtreme Member
    Here's a little bit about the demo we've done in LV - we are going to pack up soon, and will try to answer questions asap =)

The new H220 kit is closer to the new Swiftech Elite kit series than the Edge series.
    It is based on the APD2 waterblock/pump combo but instead of using the MCP35X, we've designed and produced a new pump specifically for this new product.

The radiator is the same as the copper/brass based MCR220-QP-Res (same core and fin density w/ fill port) with very minor modifications to make the product more user friendly, a little more compact. It comes with a pair of Helix120-PWM already attached and our PWM splitter.

Tubing is a thick wall 3/8" ID by 5/8" OD and black. Both waterblock/pump and radiator have swivel fittings (3/8" barb) and come with a new aluminum clamped that is easy to use and reusable.

It's basically a AIO LC unit with enough radiator capacity and pumping power to be expanded to a fully custom/enthusiast loop.

Of course the unit comes already filled up and ready to use.

Few (bad - sorry)pictures from the demo:

#pic 1

this is our setup with 4 identical systems
    * 4 Nanoxia DS1 case
    * 4 Asus Maximus Formula V
    * 4 Intel 3770K
    * 4 Kingston KHX1600 memory
    * 4 Kingston 2k SSD's
    * 3 EVGA GTX660 Ti's on 3 of the 4 systems
    and 2 EVGA GTX680 Hydrocopper for the 4th systems
    All systems are overclocked to the same speed 4.6GHz, same voltage, etc
    System 1 system runs the Swiftech H220
    System 2 system runs the Corsair H100i
    System 3 system runs the Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme
    last system (system4) also runs our H220 system but with 2 GTX680 liquid cooled and also a VR/Chipset water block

#pic 2

This is a close up of the H220 Waterblock/pump our 5th system
    This 5th system runs a 3970K, 2x 7900 series graphics cards, the H220 system and 2 additional radiators (MCR220QP / MCR240QP). The idea here is to demonstrate how this single pump can run multiple blocks/rads..

#pic 3

that same 5th system

#pic 4

#pic 5

compared temps for systems 1 through 4:

perf. for system #5

3930K @ 4500MHz
    2x 7900 series
    H220 stock + 2x EVGA Hydrocopper Blocks for GTX680 + 1x MCR220QP + 1x MCR240QP
    all fans are running at 1,000 RPM

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenswiftech View Post
    pumping power to be expanded to a fully custom/enthusiast loop.
    half power pump yet just as good as the ones we all use?

seems to defy the laws of the universe.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Any more details on the testing?

Looks good so far...thanks for sharing..
    Last edited by Martinm210; 01-11-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Xtreme Member
    I really had no idea you could get away with just a single 240mm rad for a CPU and GPU, let alone 2 GPUs. I understand why you wouldn't want to in lots of cases, I just didn't think cooling potential was there

Thinking of ordering a couple of these for a few friends. that block+cpu is just ./drool!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Can you give us a Core vs dbA comparison or something that shows the whole picture from min to max of each kit?

We need MOAR!..

In case anyone missed it here is the video Linus put up on YT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tZgctchIQ7M

I do like those handy swivel joints and tubing. Testing aside, the beefy thick walled 5/8" tubing and swivel fittings along with the expandability is enough to win me over one of the sealed AIO kits. Despite the lack of testing detail, I do like the system and would consider buying one myself, nice kit. That price alone is hard to pass up on a system that is expandable. Looks good guys although it is killing me not seeing inside that pump, I want to see the inner workings!!..
    Last edited by Martinm210; 01-12-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Xtreme XIP

Thumbs up

Looking very nice , its going to be a great product , Thanks for the information Gabe

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Can you give us a Core vs dbA comparison or something that shows the whole picture from min to max of each kit?

We need MOAR!..

I do like those handy swivel joints and tubing. Testing aside, the beefy thick walled 5/8" tubing and swivel fittings along with the expandability is enough to win me over one of the sealed AIO kits. Despite the lack of testing detail, I do like the system and would consider buying one myself, nice kit. That price alone is hard to pass up on a system that is expandable. Looks good guys although it is killing me not seeing inside that pump, I want to see the inner workings!!..
    Thanks for that youtube !
    I can see I will be changing out cooling here soon

Xtreme Member
    haha yeah, I know right but still it works
    half the wattage doesn't mean half the hydraulic power

enthusiast doesn't necessarily mean overkill

Xtreme Member

We need MOAR!..

testing details: 3 machines with same CPU (o/c voltage/bios settings)/case/memory/OS (ghosted OS)/same everything running at 1,400 RPM all 3 cooling systems - all 8 threads of each CPU loaded to 100% - running coretemp with logging ON. Tests results are displayed off a laptop that reads each Coretemp logs once a second to read the temperature of the 4 cores - averaging them out - and also displaying the average of these 4 cores through the last 10 minutes (we show Current temp / and last 10mn Avg).

the 3 machines were next to each other on the suite's conference table. We ran this demo 27 times from monday night to early friday morning. Difference between H220 and TT water 2.0 Extreme varied from about 1C to 4C. Difference between H220 and Corsair H100i varied from 4C to 7C.

After thermal test demo, we did some noise comparison - I haven't watched the video yet but IRL it was very easy to hear the differences

we'll have much more test data published on the product page soon.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Nice!
    Is the black tubing just a 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD or a metric equivalent?

I imagine people wanting to expand from the CPU only will be looking for a few more feet.
    Is it similar to Tygon 3400?
    http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/tyr33id5odla1.html
    Last edited by Martinm210; 01-12-2013 at 05:06 PM.

could buy one for my bro as a birthday present

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Xtreme Member
    Nice!
    Is the black tubing just a 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD or a metric equivalent?

I imagine people wanting to expand from the CPU only will be looking for a few more feet.
    Is it similar to Tygon 3400?
    http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/tyr33id5odla1.html
    it is 3/8 by 5/8 - we'll have this tubing for sale soon and ready for upgrades

Xtreme Addict
    That block/pump look great. I can see using a setup like that in my wife's PC, I'm gonna tell her about it. She needs better cooling by far.

Will you make the block/pump setup available by itself, for those wanting to say setup multi-socket boards?

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    That block/pump look great. I can see using a setup like that in my wife's PC, I'm gonna tell her about it. She needs better cooling by far.

Will you make the block/pump setup available by itself, for those wanting to say setup multi-socket boards?
    yeah they already have it, called apogee drive I
    :P
    Last edited by NKrader; 01-13-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    I've got a quad socket that could use them but 4x35x when there's no PWM available seems to be wasteful. Also, 4 sockets. Not made of money, not on this fixed income. Also, I happen to like the aesthetics.

Xtreme Member
    This looks amazing. I'd use this over the Corsair kits simply because I have the ability to refill them when they do have issues. I've avoided the corsair/astek offerings because I can't refill them or repair them once they break. How is bleeding this unit?

My only concern is users might end up buying this, and trying to expand too far with this product based on what it was designed for. I can just see some of my clients asking me now if they can buy this and later on use a 360mm with SLI with this. It would probably work fine, but not as well as a custom-made loop in regards to heat removal.

I'd love to see Swiftech or another water cooling company/retailer make a "build your own kit" with flash/javascript for those whom don't want the pre-made setups. The old ultra kits you guys offered were nice, but offering a selection and even some preset loop setups would be amazing over the "take it or leave it" water cooling kits.
    Last edited by Rinaun; 01-14-2013 at 03:54 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    will swiftech be making AMD mounting brackets for the H220?
    FX-8350(1249PGT) @ 4.7ghz 1.452v, Swiftech H220x
    Asus Crosshair Formula 5 Am3+ bios v1703
    G.skill Trident X (2x4gb) ~1200mhz @ 10-12-12-31-46-2T @ 1.66v
    MSI 7950 TwinFrozr *1100/1500* Cat.14.9
    OCZ ZX 850w psu
    Lian-Li Lancool K62
    Samsung 830 128g
    2 x 1TB Samsung SpinpointF3, 2T Samsung
    Win7 Home 64bit
    My Rig

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone8ty View Post
    will swiftech be making AMD mounting brackets for the H220?
    the AMD hardware is included in the kit

Xtreme Mentor

wow very impressed
    OCZ ZX 850w psu
    Lian-Li Lancool K62
    Samsung 830 128g
    Win7 Home 64bit
    My Rig

Xtreme Mentor
    cant wait for reviews on how this performs on an AMD system, preferably with an FX-8350 at 5ghz hint hint
    Last edited by tbone8ty; 01-14-2013 at 07:04 PM.
    OCZ ZX 850w psu
    Lian-Li Lancool K62
    Samsung 830 128g
    Win7 Home 64bit
    My Rig

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Your production guys must be really proud of this, getting this kind of a kit out at this price is a serious feat!

You said the waterblock is basically the same as the Apogee Drive II, does that mean you could swap out the pump for a DDC to make it a ADII if you wanted to upgrade the whole loop? Will you ever release that pump separately?

Is evaporation of the coolant a problem? I would have thought that might become a problem with big diameter regular watercooling tubing. Or are you using some kind of foam in the res to "soak" up air like I've seen in other AIO kits?

Also, I just saw you're located in Long Beach! I'll be visiting some friends there from early to mid-February, is it possible to drop by your offices to chat a little and pick up some stuff?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast