Thread: (mITX) MSI Z77IA-E53 & C1E Issues

Xtreme Addict

(mITX) MSI Z77IA-E53 & C1E Issues

Currently have an i5 3570K paired up with a MSI Z77IA-E53. It seems to be an average chip--does 4.2-4.3GHz on stock volts. The build is in a mITX size case (Silverstone SG05) so I'm trying to keep it as cool as possible by leaving C1E and other power-saving features on. However, even when idle, the chip seems to be stuck at 4.2GHz. Do I have to change the long duration power limit to get it to actually use C1E? (I have all of the options invovling C1E and C-states enabled, and I've also tried the Energy-Efficient option under CPU Specifications)

As a side issue, has anyone gotten wireless on this board working? I don't really need it to be working at the moment, but it would be nice to know that I have the capability. Most review sites don't really bother covering the wireless (just mention that it's a supposed feature) and the driver CD that came with the board doesn't even have an option to install the wireless drivers even though the files exist on the cD. After hunting around on the support site I managed to get a download for W7 64-bit, but upon install it doesn't even detect the Atheros adapter.
    1.7%

Xtreme Addict
    If you enable C3/C6, your CPU cores will spend 99% of their idle time in C6 where core voltage gets reduced internally to zero. C1E and what monitoring software reports for your core voltage is not important when your CPU is spending almost all of its time in C6. There should be no need to change the Turbo Power Limits since they are not related to what your CPU is doing at idle.

The latest version of RealTemp will show you exactly what C States your CPU is using when idle.

RealTemp T|I Edition
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1330144/realtemp-t-i-edition

I only use the Core C States. I found that the Package C States did not reduce power consumption on my Asus board.