Thread: US military launches top secret mini shuttle & North Korea's satellite has gone nuts

Xtreme Mentor

US military launches top secret mini shuttle & North Korea's satellite has gone nuts

The US military has launched a rocket containing a small space shuttle from Cape Canaveral in Florida as part of an ongoing top secret test programme.

Read more: http://vr-zone.com/articles/us-milit...#ixzz2F2FWEw8i

Yesterday, we reported on North Korea's new rocket test, which placed an object (according to the North Koreans it was a weather satellite) in orbit

Read more: http://vr-zone.com/articles/north-ko...#ixzz2F2FZHv8d

Wonder if the two are inter related :P The line "the object is now tumbling out of control, according to US officials" seems to pop out
    Coming Soon

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    My best guess is that the launch of the X-37B (OTV-1, as I recall) is unrelated to the North Korean launch. OTV-1 was originally scheduled to launch back in October, but they had to delay the launch due to some technical issues (at least, that's what was reported). Also, why does everyone (news-related) seem to act like the X-37 program is new? This started as a NASA program back in 1999 and was moved under DARPA/DOD control in 2004... granted, typical of government programs, it didn't see its first actual spaceflight until 2010.

That said, I think the X-37B is probably just being used to test experimental orbital payloads (likely ISR equipment which may be destined for future USAF satellites) as well as acting as a platform for furthering our understanding of hypersonic flight dynamics and controls.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Xtreme Addict
    Dont seem so top secret if VR-zone is writing about it...

all outta gum
    What Petra said. X-37B launch has been scheduled for December for a loooong time now, and it's on a much lower, less inclined orbit. Soyuz flight to ISS is scheduled for the 17th and it's mission is NOT to shoot down Korean weather satellite
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

Xtreme Mentor
    Why is this in the news section?
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Quote Originally Posted by nullface View Post
    Dont seem so top secret if VR-zone is writing about it...
    there is a difference between secret and black. the airforce runs commercials to join their space program and showed their rocket systems. you also are not going to hide a space launch. the secrecy is that they do not tell every one what they are dong.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Mentor
    I know this does not hold any water but its for fun, i guess my :P :P and did not give it away.

Quote Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
    Its real news with a paranoid twist... Wear tin foil hats every1
    Last edited by ajaidev; 12-14-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    Coming Soon

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
    Entertainment