Thread: Need help picking best capacitor for mobo repair. What is better? High or low ripple

Xtreme Member

Need help picking best capacitor for mobo repair. What is better? High or low ripple

I need to replace a few caps on a Biostar TA780G M2+ and while I know what brands and class capacitors are best this one thing still eludes me. What is best, a high or low ripple rating on a capacitor? I have tried to find the answer but the only answers I have found are long, drawn out highly technicle answers that leave me going "Wtf?".
    Currently playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat with Misery 2.1.1 and being miserable the entire time.

Xtreme Addict
    Caps that have a higher ripple current rating are better.

In layman's terms: They will last longer, and do a better job while under stress.
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Xtreme Member
    Thank you thank you thank a thousands times thank you. Finally, someone put it into words I can understand lol.
    Currently playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat with Misery 2.1.1 and being miserable the entire time.