Thread: Replacement for my laptop asus ul30vt

Xtreme Member

Replacement for my laptop asus ul30vt

Hi guys, im searching for a replacement for my current laptop (ul30vt)

What i need is the following:

• 14" screen
    • light weight
    • +7 hours of battery duration (with saving mode enable)
    • an overall performance improvement
    • optical drive isnt a must here
    • would like to remain with Asus

The battery duration and the light weight are top priority

Anyone can recommend me one?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mid UK. Lift a few rocks, eventually you will find me.
    You could look at the Asus Zenbook range.

I just spent a couple of months researching laptops to meet my work needs. I opted for a Samsung Series 9 NP900XC over the Asus Zenbooks which I considered. I don't like the tactile feel of the Asus Zenbooks and I need 8Gb RAM that's why I choose the Samsung. The screen on the Samsung isn't quite as good as the top Zens but that is its only shortcoming.

Asus Zenbook or Samsung 7/9 series. Can't go far wrong with those.
    Fun Box: Asus P8Z68-V GEN3++Corsair AX850++i5 2500k@4.5Ghz-1.272v++Corsair A50++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++MSI R7970 Lightning++Audigy2 Plat-EX++TBS 6280 DVB-T2 tuner++256Gb OCZ Vertex 4.500Gb Caviar Black.500Gb Seagate Barracuda++Sony AD7240s++Lian-Li PC-60++Linux Mint/Win 7++Asus P238Q

Work Box: Gigabyte H61MA-DV3++Corsair HX620++i5 3450@stock++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++120Gb OCZ Agility 3++Linux Mint

Quantum theory in a nutshell: It's so small we don't know where it is, it could be here, it could be there.

Just 'cos it's legal don't make it right.

Xtreme Member
    All you need for an overall improvement is an ivy bridge and intel hd 4000. Kinda makes the test up to you because in comparison the C2D doesnt compare to an i3 even and the gt210 wont hold a candle to the hd 4000.
    Currently playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat with Misery 2.1.1 and being miserable the entire time.