Thread: harddrive question, concerning xbox360hdd.

Xtreme Enthusiast

harddrive question, concerning xbox360hdd.

alright, so i've got my 500gb ps3 hdd and my 120gb xbox hdd connected to my PC.
    my plan is to ghost the xbox into the ps3 one so i can have a 500gb xbox, since my ps3 is broked.
    however, i've run into a snag. neither hdd is coming up in norton ghost, nor do they come up in "my computer".
    they are, however, clearly showing up in the device manager screen, anybody have some bright ideas as to how to get them to show up so i can ghost?
    emptiness

Xtreme Addict
    I don't think you can use Ghost to duplicate an Xbox 360 hard drive. There appear to be other ways to copy your data though, even some that Microsoft officially condones. Maybe try one of them?

--Matt
    My Rig :
    Core i5 4570S - ASUS Z87I-DELUXE - 16GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-2400 - 256GB Plextor M5 Pro Xtreme

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You can't. The drives are hardware locked; one area that the PS3 has always excelled vs the Xbox 360.
    There are ways to copy your data from one exact same HDD type to another, but they are extremely complex and the instructions are out of date by a few years.
    You HAVE to buy MS's hard drive if you want to upgrade your Xbox storage.

to make the ps3 drive work in the 360 you need to use special tools that we do not talk about here, but you need a WD 5400rpm laptop drive. the 360 is not like a ps3 were you just drop a drive in and it formats it. if you do the 360 drive wrong you can also get your HDD ID banned from live, so i would not do it. you can put it in a usb enclosure and use 32GB of it for 360 system data and the rest for bulk media in fat32 though.

and what did you do to the ps3, if the BD drive was the only thing to break you can get a hardware flasher and change to dex firmware, or if you LOD you can bake (reflow) it and it should come back. they have that POS nvidia+solder problem on them.
    Last edited by zanzabar; 12-16-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi