Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Intel killing replaceable processors

Xtremeish
    Excellent choice of Meme Sir, well done!
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Xtreme Addict
    Intel is retarded. I would buy a zillion more CPU's if I knew my mobo was not going to be artificially outdated way too soon.
    But having to change the mobo when you want to change the CPU... I can't justify it, specially when a new mobo hardly brings a great deal more features than it's predecessor.

Xtreme Member
    Maybe I purchased my i7 at the wrong time around the 2009 timeframe, but I didn't even have the chance to upgrade to another processor although I'm still happy with my current setup, I remember in the past maybe getting a couple versions of the CPU before having to upgrade.

Now, it's replace the motherboard AND the CPU, AND if you have water cooling, plan on purchasing a new water block too. I have a feeling I might be sticking with my current setup for many years although it's hard when seeing other people purchase newer equipment.

How many years should a person be able to squeeze out of a i7 processor? 2016 / 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by El Maņo View Post
    Intel is retarded. I would buy a zillion more CPU's if I knew my mobo was not going to be artificially outdated way too soon.
    But having to change the mobo when you want to change the CPU... I can't justify it, specially when a new mobo hardly brings a great deal more features than it's predecessor.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzelogic View Post
    Maybe I purchased my i7 at the wrong time around the 2009 timeframe, but I didn't even have the chance to upgrade to another processor although I'm still happy with my current setup, I remember in the past maybe getting a couple versions of the CPU before having to upgrade.

Now, it's replace the motherboard AND the CPU, AND if you have water cooling, plan on purchasing a new water block too. I have a feeling I might be sticking with my current setup for many years although it's hard when seeing other people purchase newer equipment.

How many years should a person be able to squeeze out of a i7 processor? 2016 / 2017?
    You guys need to read more than the first couple posts in the thread and read the most recent

The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    good news finally,easiest to bin cpus than bin cpus and mobo(lower cost)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234