Thread: Updating the rocketfish

Xtreme Addict

Updating the rocketfish

Got a new motherboard on the way to facilitate 3 way sli on my GTX470's so figured I would post a new thread up of it. The board is out for delivery so the loop should be leak checking tonight.

Loop list
    • MCR320 single side fans yate loon high speeds
    • MCR220QP-Stack with an MCR420QP using a mix of ultra kaze high speeds and Nidec Beta V 3.3A's@7v push/pull shroud inbetween the stacked rads+nidec fans
    • Laing D4 in series with a Laing D5 vario (@4)
    • 3.5" bay res.
    • DTek Fuzion V1 with mid sized insert
    • 3x DD-GTX470 blocks

Hardware list
    • Phenom X4 B97@4.1ish 1.60v
    • Crosshair V Formula
    • 4x4GB Wintec ONE 1600CL9 (sammy based)
    • EVGA/Asus/PNY GTX 470 1280mb's
    • Antec TPQ-850

Xtreme Addict
    Righto so ended up ordering a CHVF from the egg open box. Ended up being DOA. No big deal since the egg was out of them board is getting RMA'd through Asus. Until then I wanted to go ahead and get all of the watercooling parts, fans and cable management hashed out.

The big rad. Swifty MCR420QP+MCR220QP-STACK, using the clear fan housings as a shroud they are hollowed. The fans used for the push/pull of the stacked rads are Nidec Beta V VA450DC 3.3A models and will be used at 7V.

Installed in the case with plenty of room for a single 5.25" ODD and possible a fan controller or pair of temp sensors undecided at this point

2x Skythe Ultra Kaze 3000RPM

Found out that in between the front case panel and case I could fit a 120x25mm fan. Installed a red LED Coolermaster SickleFlow as an intake.

Very unobtrusive red glow from them.

Dual Laing D4/D5 pumps installed in series

3.5" white acetal bay res

D-Tek Fuzion V1 block with a medium insert.

Full assembly luckily no PCB sag out of these cards. Ram is installed to test height issues will be using 4x4GB of Wintec ONE instead of the 2x2GB kit of G.Skill shown.

That is another Skythe Ultra Kaze 3000RPM this one as an intake. With as high CFM as the exhaust through the top is had to make everything else an intake or I start to starve the case for air.

Xtreme Addict
    ordered the Hex grill off of ebay. Removing the top layer of 120x25mm yateloon's going to run purely off of the 120X38mm internal fans.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12...wder_Coat.html

$21 shipped for a BNIB one.

I feel much better knowing am not alone. Am still using my old and trusted D-Tek V1. Will be following your upgrade post.

MAIN RIG--:
    ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ---:AMD Ryzen 7 5800X--Aquacomputer Cuplex Kryos NEXT--:ASUS Crosshair VIII HERO---
    32GB G-Skill AEGIS F4-3000C16S-8GISB --:MSI RADEON RX 6900 XT---:X-Fi Titanium HD modded
    Inter-Tech Coba Nitrox Nobility CN-800 NS 800W 80+ Silver--:Cyborg RAT 8--:Creative Sound BlasterX Vanguard K08

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocker003 View Post
    I feel much better knowing am not alone. Am still using my old and trusted D-Tek V1. Will be following your upgrade post.
    They are still good performing blocks to this day. I wish I would have snagged a top from fit back in the day for mine that is my only regret. I just can't wait to have this build finished. Using the PC on my benchstation sucks with a 2 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
    They are still good performing blocks to this day. I wish I would have snagged a top from fit back in the day for mine that is my only regret. I just can't wait to have this build finished. Using the PC on my benchstation sucks with a 2 year old.
    I feel you bro.
    I equally have a one year eight months son too.
    He can?t keep his fingers away from my PC.
    Take your time in setting your rig up.

MAIN RIG--:
    ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ---:AMD Ryzen 7 5800X--Aquacomputer Cuplex Kryos NEXT--:ASUS Crosshair VIII HERO---
    32GB G-Skill AEGIS F4-3000C16S-8GISB --:MSI RADEON RX 6900 XT---:X-Fi Titanium HD modded
    Inter-Tech Coba Nitrox Nobility CN-800 NS 800W 80+ Silver--:Cyborg RAT 8--:Creative Sound BlasterX Vanguard K08

Xtreme Member
    I still have my original D-Tek. I should probably ketchup it and re-assemble it. Maybe make a new bracket for it? Anyways nice rocketfish! I had one myself when they went on sale. I wish I had picked up all of them, as they were amazing cases for the price. I still have the sheets of black aluminum all taped up and put away for other projects

Xtreme Addict