Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101718192021 LastLast

Thread: KGB - Kepler BIOS Editor/Unlocker

Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Nope. That is the limit of pretty much every Kepler besides the Lightning AFAIK.
    Thanks for information.
    I'm disappointed.

Hi,
    i have edited the cfg file to set the fan to 20% minimum, but the rpm of my msi gtx 660 twin frozr III are still at 1000, as if i didnt make any change to the default settings (30%).

Ps: sorry for my bad english!

Lian-Li 343b | Custom Dual Loop Waterstation | Enermax Modu82+ 625w | Rampage Extreme II | i7 920 D0 | 3*2Gb Mushkin
    HD4870x2 | SB Audigy | Bose Companion 2 | Grado SR125i | Intel Postville G2 80Gb + Storage | Eizo HD2441 | Windows 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by webtourist View Post
    Thanks for information.
    I'm disappointed.
    Beside, 1.212V should get you somewhere between 1267mhz and 1308Mhz stable overclock if you have adequate cooling. Beyond that, you definitively get diminishing returns. By hammering your silicon that hard, you will shorten the life of your card and/or it will at some point rapidly fail to clock as high as it used to. I seriously doubt you are after benchmark world record with only a GTX 660 and benchmark record would be the only reason to go beyond 1.212V in my opinion.

How much further beyond 1300Mhz would you be able to go anyway? 1350? 1400? Stable? For what? 2-3 more FPS? If it would be possible to volt it at 1.5V and reach 1800Mhz stable without melting the GPU, that would be another story. I'm pretty confident 1300Mhz is already the practical limit of this silicon for every day use and long term preservation.

BTW, anyone knows what is the absolute clock record, stable or not, for a GTX 660? Anyone reached 1400Mhz for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Zarat View Post
    Beside, 1.212V should get you somewhere between 1267mhz and 1308Mhz stable overclock if you have adequate cooling. Beyond that, you definitively get diminishing returns. By hammering your silicon that hard, you will shorten the life of your card and/or it will at some point rapidly fail to clock as high as it used to. I seriously doubt you are after benchmark world record with only a GTX 660 and benchmark record would be the only reason to go beyond 1.212V in my opinion.

How much further beyond 1300Mhz would you be able to go anyway? 1350? 1400? Stable? For what? 2-3 more FPS? If it would be possible to volt it at 1.5V and reach 1800Mhz stable without melting the GPU, that would be another story. I'm pretty confident 1300Mhz is already the practical limit of this silicon for every day use and long term preservation.

BTW, anyone knows what is the absolute clock record, stable or not, for a GTX 660? Anyone reached 1400Mhz for example?
    I don't have problem with temperatures.
    Max temp 50-55 C for my first 680 and 45-50C for my second 680 (1.21v : 1300/7000)
    This is my rig
    My stable overclock is 1300/7000 .
    For more overclock i need more voltage.1.3 v : 1350/7600
    But Ok. 1.21 is the limit.

Can't unlock bios for this card Gainward GTX 660 - http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=893&lang=en
    This is what I get

Kepler Golden BIOS Tool (Beta v0.6.1)
    WARNING: Use at your own risk!
    BIOS start found 0600
    BIOS end found f5ff
    Checksum: Good! 3e
    Model: GTX 660 Device ID: 11C0
    Found power offsets 832f
    Found fan offsets 83a9
    Found voltage offsets 7649
    Hmm? Could not find max boost offsets.

Bios - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71282864/GK106.rom

I manage to unlock with 062 version.
    Last edited by iMik; 06-07-2013 at 06:51 AM.

C:\Users\1337\Desktop\BIOS Flash\kgb_0.6.2\kgb_0.6.2>kgb gk107.rom

Kepler Golden BIOS Tool (Beta v0.6.2) by CrazyNutz @ XtremeSystems
    WARNING: Use at your own risk!

BIOS start found 0400

BIOS end found efff

Checksum: Good! 46

Model: UNKNOWN Device ID: 0FC1

Sorry this model is not currently supported.
    Hi,

Hope you are well. I am trying to undervolt my Geforce 640 card here, both Performance states, but to no avail. I seem to have edited the rom with Kepler BIOS Tweaker, but after flashing the rom, nothing has changed. You can see my modded rom here and the original rom there. Every diagnostic utility shows original values and the power draw remains unaffected. Is it not possible to undervolt Kepler at all? Or is hardware modification the only option?

You seem to be fairly knowledge on the subject and I would be grateful for any input. Many thanks.

Kind Regards,
    TRM.

Hi guys,

Is possible modify the bios to gigabyte gtx 780 windforce OC for more voltage and limit power with KGB??, how??
    i use Techinferno Bios modded but they are no boost and.....

Thanks

Ximi
    The KGB Software not support GTX 780 and limited for Titan cards. Sorry for you.

Regards !!

Xtreme Addict
    With gtx 760 bios not working :/
    Last edited by Malik; 07-12-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    I wonder the highest pl setting(that works) someone could get with this stock 780dcii bios is..
    http://www.filedropper.com/780dciis

Xtreme Member
    I've tried kgb on my GTX 780 and even though it finds the bios it is not able to read it, or state that it is not supported. Not too sure if you are working on getting support for the GTX 780 sorted out, but thanks for all the effort.
    Here's the bios for the Gigabyte GTX 780 OC
    http://www.filedropper.com/gtx780
    Last edited by VoodooProphetII; 07-15-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Hi Folks,

I have a problem when I want to modify the bios. It dont goes to 150% - it stays at 135?!
    What is wrong? And the powertable wont rise, it stays at 1175.

EVGA GTX 690

Can I safely assume that the support for this is already dead?

RAIDer
    Get youre bios from http://www.techinferno.com/

Best there is

What do you mean? Clock values are different for each card so there can't be a single download for a specific GPU, right?

Xtreme Addict
    I just got my 2nd gpu today, to complete my grid setup.
    I just installed it, came with the ek water block too, for $400 it was a good deal.
    Though I had to take the block off and install the stock cooler for the time being, I don't have a pump or rad for it or anything yet.
    When the time comes for that I'll have to buy a 2nd block, I might just do that in a few days.

Oddly enough the thing starts up pretty silent like, even though the bios ver is the same ver.
    I haven't dumped and compared it yet though.
    My original one goes full throttle on bootup, it's very very load.

I'm working on my own bios modding program.
    Just for kicks.
    I'm using ahk script to doit, right now it just reads off some strings and hex values.
    I haven't really taken it very far yet.
    I think that'll be one of my hobbies for a while, when I get bored I can sit down for a bit and work on that from time to time.

Cant wait to hard mod this card and sli it ^^, just gotta wait though for my board before I can think about that.

Its nice the 680 and 770 lightnings have dual bios though, a switch for them.
    This will make bios modding alot easier in certain ways (no more bricking and shorting pins to get to dos).

The bios sure has alot of free space too, maybe even enough to run an small os from.

i try it and , i got crash 1300 +300 mem(3300mhz), 1.212v, no luck for me, gtx 680 gigabytes reference
    my oc without kgb, 1202, +300 ,120 target, i saw better fps with more power target
    is it safe 1.212v ?
    150 target safe ? looks pretty high, don t wanna fried my card
    I have update to uefi bios update on 680, is it COMPATIBLE ?
    lol i can oc 1202 ,3500 mem,132 target with uefi bios
    Last edited by dragon91; 10-25-2013 at 08:03 AM.

It looks very interesting. will you add suport for the gtx780Ti in the future?

I have already tried it and it said "unsupported".

Xtreme Addict
    GTX 780 Ti reff BIOS

http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/82002432/file.html

any idea ?

No news about this tool?

Xtreme Addict
    Dejavu, 3 times times this morning so far...

Anyways does anyone know where I can find info on the uefi gop rom specs, like the headers and structure?

I was making a program to read out the bios'es with ahk script but it became a pain in the butt.
    When I count up a checksum it continues to grow past one byte of data and I couldn't figure out how to strip the extra bytes off.
    So since yesterday I've been messing around with my current bios, my 2nd 680 lightning's stock bios (has lower fan startup speed compared to my original card's bios).
    I threw the code into an asm file and have been parsing it by hand to use as a ref later on.

If I can finish off what I started on I can make a program but I gotta figure out some win32 api code in asm.
    Since I can't use the dos vm anymore, everyone is on win7 now, and so am I.

Currently I'm trying to work out were the timings are and how to mess with the ver strings and colors, scaling and so on, the basics that used to be in nibitor.
    Nibitor never got the board id correct though but I figured it out, I haven't had to since the 6600gt lol.

What I really wanna figure out is the ram sizing, how to change a 4gig ver to a 2gig ver.

If someone wants to see my wip then just tell me and I'll upload it.

Xtreme Addict

That's what I've managed with one of my 680's today.
    Display scaling doesn't work though, that's a bummer.

I have not looked for clocks, fan speeds or voltages yet.
    And I haven't even flashed the 770 lightning bios yet.
    I don't mean to get anyone's hopes up or anything.

I'm just playing catch up right now...
    I think I may have to goto the fasm forum and get this opcode thing fixed though...
    I should try updating fasm 1st...

If anyone cares to share any nv vga rom findings they know about please feel free I wouldn't mind exchanging knowledge.

Does anyone know if the later cards have vesa support?
    It looks like it was dropped a few generations ago.
    But I haven't actually tried it yet myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolfi View Post
    Hi Folks,

I have a problem when I want to modify the bios. It dont goes to 150% - it stays at 135?!
    What is wrong? And the powertable wont rise, it stays at 1175.

EVGA GTX 690

I only can quote my question. What do I wrong?

I am Xtreme
    Author hasn't been updating the software or coming around to reply to thread. You can try the other Kepler bios modding tool here.

http://www.v3dt.com/nvidia/600/

I Just finally was able to unlock my asus gtx 660 to 1.21 v
    taken forever to get above 1.175
    I did it with kbt 1.27
    the only problem i have is it down clocks a bit.
    Asus gtx 660 doesn't have a heat sink on the vrms .Gpu stays well under 55c
    vrms to hot causing down clocking ?
    Last edited by rym; 06-12-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101718192021 LastLast