Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whos ever been "banned" from something without doing anything wrong?

Xtreme Addict
    I don't like it when people with authority wield their power like a child, are unnecessarily harsh to those who don't deserve it, treat their responsibility like a popularity contest or act like they're the head of a clique, stomp on people's rights to express themselves like tyrants, or think they can do what ever the hell they want and everyone will just bow their head and move along. I stand up to people like that, I don't care if its their property, their forum, or their game server, I won't put up with it. PERIOD. Everyone, regardless of age, race, location, etc, have fundamental rights that must be respected. So when I raise my voice up against people like that, I usually get banned. I'm proud of the person I am and those bans are like a badge of honor to me.

The only place I haven't done it is the Steam forums, because I depend on those forums for support on tons of games I've spent money on. They run that place like a North Korean prison camp. You say ANYTHING they don't like and they drop the hammer, no warning, just banned and over really stupid insignificant crap. If you look at older topics, tons of people who've posted in them are all banned. Its ridiculous. I know steam doesn't care about its customers, that is only further proof. I swear, all you have to do is breathe near a staff member in that forum, and that's enough to set them off.... and its no secret. I've seen a lot of people ranting about it in many different forums. It makes me sick and I hope someone strong enough with enough influence does something about it one day, hopefully soon. I'm always walking on rice paper in that forum, and I have to be really careful about how I choose my words. It sucks.
    Last edited by Judaeus Apella; 12-16-2012 at 08:15 AM.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Being a realist certainly doesn't help in my case. I call things as they are. Its pretty sad how people get angry at someone simply calling things down the line as they are.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    mmmmm 2 temp bans from xs

and a couple other forums.. trolls really get me so good..
    Last edited by NKrader; 12-17-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Brilliant Idiot
    I'm a straight shooter. I call it how i see it. Luckily most forums I am apart of there is the high and likely chance that a mod may have to face me personally one day. Unluckily for them I don't forget . A simple non threatening reminder that they may have to face you in person one day usually does wonders for there ego trip. No keyboards can save them from that situation and you would be surprised how civil they become.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    A simple non threatening reminder that they may have to face you in person one day usually does wonders for there ego trip. No keyboards can save them from that situation and you would be surprised how civil they become.
    still a threat ive been temp banned for this on other forum

Theres a lot of n00bs that call themselves enthusiasts now and they love to live by their ignorance. Once upon a time n00bs wanted to learn, now a majority of them think they already know it all, pretty much why I don't bother with in-depth posts anymore.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Cruncher
    I remember once time joining a game and the admin was in the middle of booting some dude and somebody was saying something like "know your role"
    As wrestling fans remember The Rock used to say "Know your role and shut your damn mouth!" So that's what i said!
    Then the admin goes "What was that!?" and i said "Know your role and shut your damn mouth, jabroni!" and got booted, then i came back and said LOL and left. I didn't even know what was going on.......
    but the answer is no i've never been banned, come close a few times but i ended up just abandoning the forum anyway...
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtreme Addict
    Anyone here ever been banned on Steam? Seems like thousands of people have been banned there, if not tens of thousands.... or more. They really run that place like a North Korean forced work camp.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Judaeus Apella View Post
    Anyone here ever been banned on Steam? Seems like thousands of people have been banned there, if not tens of thousands.... or more. They really run that place like a North Korean forced work camp.
    steam has forums? or banned in steam itself?

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    still a threat ive been temp banned for this on other forum
    Thats because they thought it would never happen........
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Addict
    steam has forums? or banned in steam itself?
    The steam forums.... you've never heard of them? Oo

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/ And no, your login/pass for Steam does not work in Steam Forums. You have to create a new login, just like with XS. Great place to get help with any problems with games... problem is its run by total ***holes who will ban you if you so much as sneeze. Look at older topics, and you'll see lots of banned posters. Its completely stupid and I have no idea how they get away with it. Probably because they ban ANYONE who so much as even mentions the problem. Like I said, Steam doesn't care about their customers or the community. The community they're creating is just a way to make money.
    Last edited by Judaeus Apella; 12-19-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judaeus Apella View Post
    The steam forums.... you've never heard of them? Oo

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/ And no, your login/pass for Steam does not work in Steam Forums. You have to create a new login, just like with XS. Great place to get help with any problems with games... problem is its run by total ***holes who will ban you if you so much as sneeze. Look at older topics, and you'll see lots of banned posters. Its completely stupid and I have no idea how they get away with it. Probably because they ban ANYONE who so much as even mentions the problem. Like I said, Steam doesn't care about their customers or the community. The community they're creating is just a way to make money.
    note made,

do not ever visit steam forums.

Anyone ever tried contacting the admin of the steam forums or going even higher up? I'd bet its just the mods on a power trip thinking they are under the radar.

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Addict
    note made,

do not ever visit steam forums.

LOL, I too stay away from them for the most part. I only go there if I have a problem with steam or if I need help with a steam game and no one I know can help, and searching google hasn't helped.

Xtreme Addict
    once I got banned from my own bed.... well more than once.

この世界には 人の運命を司る 何らかの超越的な 〝律〝...... 〝神の手〝が 存在するのだろうか? 少なくとも 人は 自らの意志さえ 自由にはできな

Copenhagen, teh capital village of the World. Hillerød, Malmö
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroikenshi View Post
    once I got banned from my own bed.... well more than once.

lol ..My mom banned me from my bed, when we had guests over who would sleep at us. I remember that I didn't mind sleeping on the floor..... but I was afraid that they would pee in my bed while they slept there :P
    *Gape & Ponder*

(\_/) This is Bunny.
    (+.+) Bunny is dead.
    (^ ^) Copy and paste Bunny into your sig to create an army of BUNNY ZOMBIE MINIONS!!!

Xtreme Cruncher
    ^ lol, you have to sign up for steam forums separately? Well no wonder i've never posted there......
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

-150c Club Member
    it might be easier to start a list places I haven't been banned from! Haha here and there I suppose. I was even banned from a bar in NYC about a year ago after I "accidentally" slept with the bar tender... Turns out her husband owns the bar....

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12