Thread: ASUS Open Overclocking Cup 2012

Xtreme Member

ASUS Open Overclocking Cup 2012

Hi all!
    I'm proud to tell you that this year ASUS makes the overclocking tournament for Eastern Europe (Russia and Ukraine) - ASUS Open Overclocking Cup 2012.
    December 15-16, 2012, Kiev, Ukraine - best teams who succeed the qualification will challenge the OC Legends: Aristidis and Matose, Perica_Barii and Xtreme Addict, SF3D and stummerwinter.

The competition is only open to Russians and Ukrainians though it should be interesting for everybody involved to watch them in this battle.
    The final challenge should be quite promising: contestants should bench a Maximus V Gene-based system with HD 7970 Matrix so probably we'll see some new WRs soon!

This event is a part of ASUS Open Event held by ASUS together with Intel, which will take place in the biggest UA gaming club called Kiev CyberSport Arena.

The official ASUS Open Overclocking Cup 2012 web-site - http://oc.asus-open.com

Champion
    Great to hear that especially concerning that i'm in the contest -) Will let you know some details as the Russian-Ukrainian qualifier proceeds.
    Too pity there will be no additional qualifier for Europeans or OCers from other parts of the world. I suppose there are some budget limits on this hand.

Xtreme Member
    First results after weekend: http://oc.asus-open.com/qualification

Major`s Super Pi 32M and Ananerbe` 3DMark11 seems strong, but I am sure it's just warming up

all outta gum
    Competition is over, Xtreme Addict and Perica Barii have won!

2nd place went to Matose and Aristidis, 3rd to DeDaL and GUN'G'STAR. Congratulations!
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

PI in the face
    Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Congratulations guys
    Sorry for my bad english

Xtreme Member
    nice competition congratulations to the winner
    little German

Xtreme Member
    Congratulations !!!

Xtreme XIP
    Awsome ! Congratulation guys , well done.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Congrats to all participants and way to go Mike & Perica B!!!!!

More & more very expensive, quickly obsolete parts!!

Congratulations for the winners!
    Team Russia

Aussie God
    First off the one negative thing;
    It is really silly calling it 'open', when it is strictly invite only.

Then to the positive part, seems like a good event, from the pictures I've seen, and the lots of you I've been talking with after the weekend, I've only heard positive about this event - wish there was more media coverage, but I am sure there will be next time!

Big congrats to the winners, and everyone, but especially grats to Dusan, you got mad skills buddy!
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

PI in the face
    any SS's from the winners?
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

all outta gum
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    It's silly calling it "strictly invite only", when it was 100% open to Ukraine and Russia. Anyone from those two countries could qualify if they had what it took. In addition, several teams from western Europe were invited as guests of honor. This is still infitely more open than, for example, some reginal Gigabyte Open Overclocking Championship qualifiers.

wish there was more media coverage
    PCLab.pl live report: PCLab.pl (google translated)
    Sorry for google transbutcherlation, my company doesnt pay me extra for english versions

Quote Originally Posted by Splave View Post
    any SS's from the winners?
    There you go:

#1: Xtreme Addict & Perica Barii
    SuperPI (one is cpu-z, second is memtweaker):

PiFast:

3DMark11:

I'll upload the rest soon.

EDIT:
    All final screenshots available here: http://imgur.com/a/BBCkA
    Last edited by G.Foyle; 12-19-2012 at 02:11 AM.
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

final results

Xtreme Member
    Was really great to be part of this competition, I was very glad to meet old and new friends and spend few extra days in Kiev at fabulous Cyber arena. Asus Russia did great job on this event, also like to thank domestic crew for their effort to make us all feel at home there.
    We have the chance to compete with best of the best there, and with a little bit of luck won this one. Great performance also shown by other teams and hope that ASUS will make sure that this kind of competition happen more often...
    Once again I had a really great time there and was glad to spend those few days with friends...

Xtreme Member

Established by ASUS in 2003 and supported by Intel, ASUS Open Cup has earned international popularity among cyberathletes from CIS and Europe. The finals of the 2012 ASUS Open Cup series took place in Kiev, Ukraine, on December 13 to 16, 2012, at the Kiev CyberSport Arena, the largest gamers? playground in the CIS countries. During the four days of competition the best cyberathletes from Russia, Ukraine, other CIS countries and Europe were challenging each other in five disciplines for the Cup and the prize fund of $69,000.

ASUS Open Overclocking Cup 2012

For the first time in the history of ASUS Open Cup 2012, a full-scale overclocking tournament took place beside gaming competitions. Top overclockers from Russia and Ukraine and special guests from Europe showed what their skill and the top-end ASUS Republic of Gamers hardware could do. ASUS Open Overclocking Cup 2012 was carried out in a friendly atmosphere filled with liquid nitrogen vapors. The overclockers competed in the following disciplines: SuperPi 32M (fixed CPU clock rate) and PiFast, 3DMark11 (without limitations).

The winners were Perica_Barii (Montenegro) and Xtreme Addict (Poland) who, besides outstanding results, were spotted to use an extreme cooling system for memory modules, which is yet a rare solution among the overclocking community.

The second place went to matose (Romania) and Aristidis (Greece). The Russians GUN?G?STAR and DeDaL were third. The Ukrainian (MaJ0r и PlaSMaN) and one more Russian (S_A_V, NeoForce) teams also made it into the top five. All of them got impressive hardware prizes whereas the top three were additionally awarded with monetary prizes ($1500, $1000 and $500, respectively). The remaining participants received ASUS Maximus V Extreme mainboards and ASUS HD7970 MATRIX Platinum graphics cards.

Some of the results obtained during the overclockers tournament have already been published in the HWBOT.org database and made it into the top 20 in the respective categories. Considering that it?s hard to achieve record-breaking results during a competitive tournament, some of the overclockers have already expressed their willingness to carry on with their experiments and improve on their earlier results using ASUS ROG, Intel, Corsair and Cooler Master components. We can expect some changes in the world?s overclocking league in the nearest future.

The official website of ASUS Open Overclocking Cup 2012 - http://oc.asus-open.com

###

Interview with overclockers:
    Our champions - Perica Barii (Montenegro) & Xtreme Addict (Poland) (On english with russian translation):

2nd place - Aristidis (Greece) & matose (Romania) (On english with russian translation):

3rd place - DeDaL & GUN`G`STAR (Russia) (on russian):

4th place - Major & PlaSMaN (Ukraine) (on russian):

5th place - NeoForce & S_A_V (Russia) (on russian):

Interview with SF3D(Finland) & stummerwinter (Germany) (On english with russian translation):

Thank you!

Xtreme Member
    It was open for russian and ukranian overclockers. I will hope that it will open for everyone in next year.

Nice report and nice pics
    Sorry for my bad english

Xtreme Member
    Link - to be updated
    Last edited by slamms; 12-26-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Nice Vid
    Sorry for my bad english

Xtreme Member