Thread: new 12000btu r410a chiller

Xtreme Member

Wink new 12000btu r410a chiller

hey folks its a while since ive bien here last time and it seems that the chilled forums have died a bit so im tying to make it alive agen

but on this project im going to make this as a serius thing not like all the other fails ive done in the past. so i aquierd a r410a aircon that i will rebuild to a powerfull chiller yes yes i know about the high discharge pressures of r 410a an so on but i like tat its so effective of its task so thats why i went wit r410a this time also that its kinda cheap here in norway so heres som pics of the aircon itself also here a littlie clip of it running es love clips http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHpVXycFm-s
    love what you do make who you are

Xtreme XIP
    Nice unit !

Xtreme Member
    thanks this unit is REALLY expensive like 1100 dollars new its crazy but i got this almost unused for 70 bucks . so now i just need a vacum pump and gauge set for the recovery and modding of everything i also need a txv and a plate hx im gonna order that soon the txv is a Danfoss tuae expansion valve with a 03 orfice rated for 2.9 kw and i have not yet desided on what hx to get but heres some more pics of stuff i use and parts for the system

well heres the recovery compressor its ING huge copeland dwm 2 cylinder simihermetic compressor ]

and the recovery tank wich i made today from an old reciver i had

and the filterdrier, sightglass, contoller for the temps, some relays and compressor cooling fans

and i dont have dry nitrogen but i have a dry argon co2 mix here so that wil be my shield gas and purge gas

so thats all for today thanks for watcing this and remember this is a little project for me i dont do this for a living im only 16 so i do this for fun xD

Looks very cold :-)
    Sorry for my bad english

Xtreme Member
    it is verry cold indeed

ok progress sofar ive recoverd the rifigirant r410 a to a reciver and that is in my frezzer wich holds -48 C its REALLLY COLD almost like a cryostatic frezzer but it sits there happily at 1.5 bar witch is much less than what i thougt but when i turn the tank i can hear the liqid in there but ive found a cabinet to put this in and so here are some more pictures :thumb:

NEW TOYS

heres my work space its bigger but went out of battery

i also got a 19mm shet of armaflex for insulaition of the heat exchanger its really expensive

and the box ill have everything in perfect fit

and heres the 1.5hp compressor

this is all for now and thanks for waching
    Last edited by cooling storm; 11-28-2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: duplicated pic