Thread: $399 Auria 27" ips 2560X1440 korean monitor at microcenter.... My thoughts

Xtreme Member

$399 Auria 27" ips 2560X1440 korean monitor at microcenter.... My thoughts

I picked this monitor up a few days ago after reading about it on hardforum. Those guys were right it is an absolutely beautiful display. Most stunning image quality I have ever seen. It is razor sharp and the colors are to die for. It has typical ips glow. It uses the exact same lg panel that apple uses except it is not an A+ grade panel. Instead it is an A to A- panel that apple rejects but I honestly can not find any faults with the one I bought at all.

Now the one problem I did find and the reason I am returning it is the input lag. I can not game on it with out getting my azz handed to me in fps games. I can literally feel the input lag.

Here is a slow motion video of the input lag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfaSu...=youtu.be&hd=1

Now for anybody not looking to game on it I can HIGHLY recommend this monitor. Get the extended warranty along with it and you will be golden for less than half the price of the almost exact same apple display.

look for a yamasaki if you want 1440p, affter importing you are looking at $500-600 and they do real 120hz if you gen an unlocked one.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi