Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: app_info ATI GPU Only not auot fetching new WUs

Xtreme Addict
    Some folks have adopted the multiple BOINC client method to get around the app_info babysitting. You can read about that method here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...pp_info-method
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Member
    I woke up to my PC crunching CPU WUs and my score went up only 200k last night for 12 hours. Sometime over the night it stopped DLing new WUs. I reset project, removed project, added several different app_info files to the directory, and nothing seems to work. As soon as I remove the app_info file, I get WUs again. I always remove/abort current tasks, turn the client off, paste file, restart client, and that worked in the past. Are the WCG servers shunning me?

I'm still running 7.0.28. I don't see the file 7.0.36 referenced here.

http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download_all.php

Xtreme Mentor
    Check your event log, it might say tasks are committed to other platforms mine is partially receiving work units and giving me that.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    One Shot,

See post # 14 by nanoprobe on page 1 of this thread for link and info to Beta BOINC manager V 7.0.36

Vinas,

app_info was recommended to me by Bun-Bun for its simplicity since I was an NFG at the crunching game. I however planned to try your BOINC Client method as soon as XS WCG week is over.

Snow Crash,

Thank you for the Gflop info I will play with the numbers like you did to get it to post a more accurate estimated completion time for WUs to be completed.

U'all have a great day now,
    Jean-Guy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12