Thread: Motorola SB6121 Cable Modem: $69.99 @ Target. YMMV

Nerdy Powerlifter

Motorola SB6121 Cable Modem: $69.99 @ Target. YMMV

I saw this deal on slickdeals & ran over to my local target. Sure enough, they have this modem discounted. Even with tax, it beats newegg on pricing.

If you need a Docsis 3.0 modem, this is a very good option.

I don't have a link, but I'll be more than happy to post a pic of the receipt if anyone cares to see.
    Last edited by [XC] Synthetickiller; 11-01-2012 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Typos! :D
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Synthetickiller View Post
    I saw this deal on slickdeals & ran over to my local target. Sure enough, they have this modem discounted. Even with tax, it beats newegg on pricing.

If you need a Docsis 3.0 modem, this is a very good option.

I don't have a link, but I'll be more than happy to post a pic of the receipt if anyone cares to see.
    It may be a good time to pick one up too -
    http://www.lansingstar.com/business-...odem-lease-fee

Those in the United States with internet through Time Warner may soon see a price increase through a modem lease fee, as if it wasn't already hidden in the overall price to begin with...just a way of raising overall revenue for the majority of users on the same service without people realizing it.
    Smile

make sure that you get the one that ends in one from moto, the one that ends in 0 is terrible and they are normally listed together at retail stores.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    It may be a good time to pick one up too -
    http://www.lansingstar.com/business-...odem-lease-fee

Those in the United States with internet through Time Warner may soon see a price increase through a modem lease fee, as if it wasn't already hidden in the overall price to begin with...just a way of raising overall revenue for the majority of users on the same service without people realizing it.
    I just read about this actually. I didn't see this model being supported by TWC yet. I believe the 6141 is though.

I'm buying this for a comcast account though. Apparently, I think Verizon is pushing comcast to compete price-wise (at least on the east coast):
    http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/H...-Lineup-120780

Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    make sure that you get the one that ends in one from moto, the one that ends in 0 is terrible and they are normally listed together at retail stores.
    Yep! I only saw the 6121 & a G series for $150. That was it, at least at my Target.
    Last edited by [XC] Synthetickiller; 11-03-2012 at 06:29 AM.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme 3D Team
    From what I've heard, Time Warner is offering 30/5 here for $70 a month. I don't know what FiOS costs but then again Time Warner offers 10/1 here for $50 a month...
    I'm 17, obviously living with my parents, we don't have the money to shell out for the 30/5 line but don't want to have to downgrade to 768k/256k either which is $30 a month.

I wish there was just a 15/15 or 20/20 here for $60 a month, (Time Warner Business costs ~$150) which would mean I could host game servers and an FTP server for myself plus more instead of having to carry around flash drives all the time.
    Smile

if you get a cable+internet or phone or all 3 they should lower your rate by about $20 if you ask and if you play like you want to change or have a problem with the service (most people have problems with cable internet when the seasons change) they should give you even more off.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    From what I've heard, Time Warner is offering 30/5 here for $70 a month. I don't know what FiOS costs but then again Time Warner offers 10/1 here for $50 a month...
    I'm 17, obviously living with my parents, we don't have the money to shell out for the 30/5 line but don't want to have to downgrade to 768k/256k either which is $30 a month.

I wish there was just a 15/15 or 20/20 here for $60 a month, (Time Warner Business costs ~$150) which would mean I could host game servers and an FTP server for myself plus more instead of having to carry around flash drives all the time.
    I feel so old LOL. I thought you were older!

I'm paying $45 a month for 30/5 & although that sounds good, I'm in Louisiana. That's the only good thing about living around here, trust me lol.

I think comcast is offering 6 months of 30/5 for $50, then upping the rates for month 7 to 12. People apparently let the deal expire and let another person in the home sign up & get the deal for another 6 months & continue that trend.

If you saw in the link I posted, hopefully comcast is going to have those competitive rates everywhere. It would be nice to see TWC follow suit, but who knows. Maybe FiOS competition will eventually make them lower the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    if you get a cable+internet or phone or all 3 they should lower your rate by about $20 if you ask and if you play like you want to change or have a problem with the service (most people have problems with cable internet when the seasons change) they should give you even more off.
    I was thinking of ditching direct tv when I move & getting comcast for tv as well.

So what's this about cable having issues in seasonal changes? I ask b/c louisiana either has hot or summer lol.
    You must [not] advance.

Heatware

when you get about a 30-40f temp swing they have to change the line voltage to compensate for the change in resistance. they (comcast) normally are not on top of it and it takes about a week for the adjustment. not all cable companies are like that when my service was ATT or TCI they fixed it right away. but when the voltage is to high you can kill boxes, and to low you get poor signal strength.

and with pricing, i call every year and get a new user deal that keeps the price for a year, as long as you have good credit and pay on time they want to keep you.

Time Warner won't work with me on pricing at all. I told them to shove their crappy modem rental fees up a dark cavity and bought a SB6141. The SB6121 can't do as many channel bonds as the SB6141. I only have 10/1 but figured I'd just future proof myself (well, as best as possible anyway).
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    If your not to close a Target, Bestbuy will pricematch.
    Thanks for the heads up Synthetickiller just installed mine.
    Gigagyte Z68X-UD3P
    i7 2600k@4.6/1.35v
    GSkill Rippers 2133
    MSI 7870@1275/1450
    Antec Kuhler 920