Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 563

Thread: Figuring out G.Skill's SNs

  1. #51
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Saint Johns, FL
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan
    I agree with dumo, get them while they're new, now you can be sure about what you're receiving. I wanted to buy a Samsung kit for Christmas, but I think I'll buy it now, who knows if they might change ICs in the meantime.
    If they haven't already.
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

    http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

    Heat

  2. #52
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    472
    I have a 2x2gb set of Trident F3-17066CL9D-4GBTDS (1.65v) that I thought were PSC but after checking them again the have "0660" series number.

    I didn't know that they also "spec'd" this particular kit with BBSE... I thought the Trident 2133C9 kits were mostly PSC?

    Serial #: "94806601415xx"
    Last edited by PolRoger; 11-22-2012 at 07:31 AM. Reason: typo
    Haswell/IB/SB on a Dimastech Bench table.

  3. #53
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    1,631
    @ PolRoger.... think your keyboard is playing up!!! mine does it all the time lol F3-17066CL9D-4GBTDS


    Home / Play Rig Asrock Z87 OC Formula/AC, i7 4770K L310B487, 8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 CL10, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU, 120GB Corsair Force GT SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Sata Drives Mirrored, Palit 680GTX JetStream, Antec Kuhler 920, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech LX700 Deskset, AOC 27" Monitor.

    Work 24/7 Rig Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC Force, i7 4790K L418C133 ,8GB Team Xtreem LV 2600, PC Power & Cooling 850WPSU, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 2 x 500GB Hitachi Sata Drives Mirrored, Antec Kuhler 620, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Logitech LX700 Deskset, Benq 27" Monitor.

    Home NAS DFI P35 T2RL Motherboard, Intel E6850 CPU, 8GB Nanya DDR2 6400, 2X 2TB Toshiba DT01ACA200 SATA Drives, ZFS RAID Mirror On Intel ICH9 AHCI, Artic Blue 850W PSU, Marvell Yukon 88E8053 Gigabit Ethernet, FreeNAS 9.2.1.5 RC, 64-Bit On 4GB USB2 SanDisk Cruizer Blade Thumb Drive.

  4. #54
    3D Team Captain
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Hello everyone.
    Yesterday I recieved 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage Series DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 (1.25v) for my new AMD Mini-ITX build.

    Sticker says Oct 2012, Week 1242, Full SN: 12421800xxxxxx. I saw on AwardFabrik 11200850xxxxxx.
    Hopefully they clock well, I have high hopes for at least 1866 9-9-9 1.5v.

    Curious, and surprised after reading that there were Elpida ICs inside, I opened them up... IC reads "U235V8C08A07".
    PCB is a 6-layer BrainPower PCB rated for DDR3-1600, B63URCB 0.70. If this stuff is Elpida, I suspect it is EFBG.
    I didn't take any measurements, but with my photos I should be able to figure it out after measuring PCB height:
    Yes, those are Elpida ICs. Are your sticks single sided or double sided?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reefa_Madness View Post
    If they haven't already.
    So far all the new kits I've seen are clocking well!
    By the way, check your PMs.

    Quote Originally Posted by PolRoger View Post
    I have a 2x4gb set of Trident F3-17066CLD9-4GBTDS (1.65v) that I thought were PSC but after checking them again the have "0660" series number.

    I didn't know that they also "spec'd" this particular kit with BBSE... I thought the Trident 2133C9 kits were mostly PSC?

    Serial #: "94086601415xx"
    You mean 2x2GB set, right? Your part number is also a bit mixed up, it should be F3-17066CL9D-4GBTDS.

    This kit is definitely using BBSE ( maybe a very small chance for MxH-E Hyper ), they were never using PSC for this kit as far as I know. Binning PSC for tRCD 9 at 1066MHz is too hard when BBSE can do it easily. Only on DDR3-2000 ( and maybe lower ) Trident/Ripjaws kits there are different version with BBSE or PSC chips.

    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

  5. #55
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    You mean 2x2GB set, right? Your part number is also a bit mixed up, it should be F3-17066CL9D-4GBTDS.

    This kit is definitely using BBSE ( maybe a very small chance for MxH-E Hyper ), they were never using PSC for this kit as far as I know. Binning PSC for tRCD 9 at 1066MHz is too hard when BBSE can do it easily. Only on DDR3-2000 ( and maybe lower ) Trident/Ripjaws kits there are different version with BBSE or PSC chips.
    Thanks Dan for the clarification...

    Yes it is a 2x2gb kit. I'm not really sure where/how I came to think that these kits were PSC? I guess I'll need to do some more testing with it using IB.
    Last edited by PolRoger; 11-22-2012 at 07:32 AM. Reason: typo
    Haswell/IB/SB on a Dimastech Bench table.

  6. #56
    Xtreme 3D Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    Yes, those are Elpida ICs. Are your sticks single sided or double sided?
    Double sided.
    Intel all dey erry dey
    AMD all nite erry nite party party party

  7. #57
    3D Team Captain
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Double sided.
    In that case they can't be EFBG. 4GB double sided sticks means 2Gb IC. They could be DEBG or EEBG, but that's just speculation.

    @stunned_guy:
    The pics I promised you ( sorry for the not-so-great quality ):





    1GB Elpida OEM stick.

    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

  8. #58
    Xtreme 3D Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    In that case they can't be EFBG. 4GB double sided sticks means 2Gb IC. They could be DEBG or EEBG, but that's just speculation.
    Okay, makes sense.
    They do DDR3-1600 8-8-8 at 1.5-1.525v in a very warm environment, I haven't been able to thoroughly check stability outside Memtest86+ and general use. DDR3-1600 8-8-7 takes a little more voltage. Maybe 7-7-7 could be done with 1.65v, but I haven't tested yet.

    I think they are rather decent. My ASROCK Mini-ITX motherboard won't do DDR3-1866(+) with them though even with CL11.
    Intel all dey erry dey
    AMD all nite erry nite party party party

  9. #59

  10. #60
    3D Team Captain
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Okay, makes sense.
    They do DDR3-1600 8-8-8 at 1.5-1.525v in a very warm environment, I haven't been able to thoroughly check stability outside Memtest86+ and general use. DDR3-1600 8-8-7 takes a little more voltage. Maybe 7-7-7 could be done with 1.65v, but I haven't tested yet.

    I think they are rather decent. My ASROCK Mini-ITX motherboard won't do DDR3-1866(+) with them though even with CL11.
    They can do 800MHz 8-8-8 but 933MHz 11-11-11 isn't working? Weird. But then again, I haven't seen any info about how the latest Elpida 2Gb ICs clock yet. Will you test them on another board?

    Quote Originally Posted by stunned_guy View Post
    Thanks for pic
    You're welcome!

    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

  11. #61
    Xtreme 3D Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    They can do 800MHz 8-8-8 but 933MHz 11-11-11 isn't working? Weird. But then again, I haven't seen any info about how the latest Elpida 2Gb ICs clock yet. Will you test them on another board?
    I can, but the only other boards/CPUs I have available right now are Phenom II.
    Intel all dey erry dey
    AMD all nite erry nite party party party

  12. #62
    3D Team Captain
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    4,130
    Thuban or Deneb? If it's the latter it might limit you too much... Please test if you can do 800MHz 7-8-7 on Trinity.

    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

  13. #63
    Xtreme 3D Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    Thuban or Deneb? If it's the latter it might limit you too much... Please test if you can do 800MHz 7-8-7 on Trinity.
    Deneb, so about 1800-1866 MHz will be it.
    I can't do 800 MHz 7-8-7 on Trinity, tried up to 1.7v. I think tRP is the limiting factor because 8-8-7 needs almost 0.05v more than 8-8-8. It seems like this board just sucks.

    EDIT:
    Seems tRFC needs to be set to 160 at 1600, XMP profile shows 130 but not on AMD , 110 fails Memtest86+ pretty quick.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 11-28-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    Intel all dey erry dey
    AMD all nite erry nite party party party

  14. #64
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,244
    Hi,

    Id like to know memory IC on my TridentX 2400 C10D 8gtx.

    it is single sided, S/N 1236150xxx

    Is there a page to check out Gskill mem IC?
    Vishera 8320@ 5ghz | Gigabyte UD3 | 8gb TridentX 2400 c10| Powercolor 6850 | Thermalight Silver Arrow (bench Super KAZE 3k) | Samsung 830 128gbx2 Raid 0| Fractal case

  15. #65
    Xtreme 3D Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasis View Post
    Hi,

    Id like to know memory IC on my TridentX 2400 C10D 8gtx.

    it is single sided, S/N 1236150xxx

    Is there a page to check out Gskill mem IC?
    Samsung, they should work fine in your board.
    Intel all dey erry dey
    AMD all nite erry nite party party party

  16. #66
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Saint Johns, FL
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasis View Post
    Hi,

    Id like to know memory IC on my TridentX 2400 C10D 8gtx.

    it is single sided, S/N 1236150xxx

    Is there a page to check out Gskill mem IC?
    Did you, by chance, look at the first page of this thread?
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

    http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

    Heat

  17. #67
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,244
    thanks Beep and Reefa, I see the thread is new

    Interesting that my 1 years old Ripjaw 1600 cl9 has Hynix chip and dont OC at all.
    Vishera 8320@ 5ghz | Gigabyte UD3 | 8gb TridentX 2400 c10| Powercolor 6850 | Thermalight Silver Arrow (bench Super KAZE 3k) | Samsung 830 128gbx2 Raid 0| Fractal case

  18. #68
    3D Team Captain
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Deneb, so about 1800-1866 MHz will be it.
    I can't do 800 MHz 7-8-7 on Trinity, tried up to 1.7v. I think tRP is the limiting factor because 8-8-7 needs almost 0.05v more than 8-8-8. It seems like this board just sucks.

    EDIT:
    Seems tRFC needs to be set to 160 at 1600, XMP profile shows 130 but not on AMD , 110 fails Memtest86+ pretty quick.
    Alright, thanks for the info!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasis View Post
    Hi,

    Id like to know memory IC on my TridentX 2400 C10D 8gtx.

    it is single sided, S/N 1236150xxx

    Is there a page to check out Gskill mem IC?
    You forgot a "0", but your kit is Samsung ICs ( K4B4G0846B-xxx ). On some AM3 boards they refuse to boot up ( only 990FX from what I've seen ).

    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

  19. #69
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    You forgot a "0", but your kit is Samsung ICs ( K4B4G0846B-xxx ). On some AM3 boards they refuse to boot up ( only 990FX from what I've seen ).
    yes, what im experiencing just now (gigabyte ud3 1.0 990Fx)

    Gigabyte support told me that same modules as mine , booted up on the same mobo there. Ways to figure out is to check my mem at a shop and to get know S/N that worked for Gigabyte technician in order to clear out the mystery
    Vishera 8320@ 5ghz | Gigabyte UD3 | 8gb TridentX 2400 c10| Powercolor 6850 | Thermalight Silver Arrow (bench Super KAZE 3k) | Samsung 830 128gbx2 Raid 0| Fractal case

  20. #70
    3D Team Captain
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasis View Post
    yes, what im experiencing just now (gigabyte ud3 1.0 990Fx)

    Gigabyte support told me that same modules as mine , booted up on the same mobo there. Ways to figure out is to check my mem at a shop and to get know S/N that worked for Gigabyte technician in order to clear out the mystery
    Ask them if their sticks are double sided and which revision they have in the labs, the first batches of the 2400C10s were double-sided, most likely Hynix CFR.

    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

  21. #71
    I am Xtreme
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    22
    lolz ... bc of this info ive determined that some trident bbse i bought from splave is actually psc. refund time
    thats odd though, wouldnt expect 9-9-9 2000 to be psc

    serial: 10131040198276

  22. #72
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
    lolz ... bc of this info ive determined that some trident bbse i bought from splave is actually psc. refund time
    thats odd though, wouldnt expect 9-9-9 2000 to be psc

    serial: 10131040198276
    As far as my sets went the 1040 9.9.9 2000's that were 1.6v were PSC & 0640 1.65v ones were BBSE.


    Home / Play Rig Asrock Z87 OC Formula/AC, i7 4770K L310B487, 8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 CL10, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU, 120GB Corsair Force GT SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Sata Drives Mirrored, Palit 680GTX JetStream, Antec Kuhler 920, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech LX700 Deskset, AOC 27" Monitor.

    Work 24/7 Rig Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC Force, i7 4790K L418C133 ,8GB Team Xtreem LV 2600, PC Power & Cooling 850WPSU, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 2 x 500GB Hitachi Sata Drives Mirrored, Antec Kuhler 620, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Logitech LX700 Deskset, Benq 27" Monitor.

    Home NAS DFI P35 T2RL Motherboard, Intel E6850 CPU, 8GB Nanya DDR2 6400, 2X 2TB Toshiba DT01ACA200 SATA Drives, ZFS RAID Mirror On Intel ICH9 AHCI, Artic Blue 850W PSU, Marvell Yukon 88E8053 Gigabit Ethernet, FreeNAS 9.2.1.5 RC, 64-Bit On 4GB USB2 SanDisk Cruizer Blade Thumb Drive.

  23. #73
    3D Team Captain
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
    lolz ... bc of this info ive determined that some trident bbse i bought from splave is actually psc. refund time
    thats odd though, wouldnt expect 9-9-9 2000 to be psc

    serial: 10131040198276
    There are two versions of the Trident/Ripjaws 2000 CL9 bin, just like C-N said:

    Quote Originally Posted by C-N View Post
    As far as my sets went the 1040 9.9.9 2000's that were 1.6v were PSC & 0640 1.65v ones were BBSE.


    PSC binned for 1000MHz tRCD 9 at 1.6V is actually pretty nice...

    Edit: I checked it again and there seem to be three different version:
    0640 1.65V Elpida BBSE
    0640 1.6V Elpida BBSE
    1040 1.6V PSC
    Last edited by Don_Dan; 12-05-2012 at 06:32 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

  24. #74
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasis View Post
    Hi,

    Id like to know memory IC on my TridentX 2400 C10D 8gtx.

    it is single sided, S/N 1236150xxx

    Is there a page to check out Gskill mem IC?
    Look at here: http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community...-924433.html#d

    I had that same sticks single sided with 1219AB40xxxxxxx and nice to see that with other numbers from G.Skill they are still single sided.

  25. #75
    XIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,535
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
    lolz ... bc of this info ive determined that some trident bbse i bought from splave is actually psc. refund time
    thats odd though, wouldnt expect 9-9-9 2000 to be psc

    serial: 10131040198276
    Imo, Trident 2000C9 psc with batches 10041040xxx ~ 10231040xxx are the ones to find

    Some of these kits need 1.88V+ to blast through 32m on air @ 2600 8-12-7-28 twcl7 with ultra tight secs/terts
    Last edited by Dumo; 12-03-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •