Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Figuring out G.Skill's SNs

Xtreme Member
    I for one have heard good things about Asrock OC Formula, SF3D had his clock memory very nice. In my book, ASUS ROG Z77 and Asrock Formula are the two top choices for mem oc.
    Last edited by Calathea; 04-15-2013 at 05:44 AM.
    Overclocking, it's a lifestyle

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex-Ro View Post
    Nop,my memory samples are ok,asrock oc formula boards tested by me just sucked.Please don't try to argue again,when i put samsungs and bbse that did 2600 8-11-7 and 2800 9-12-12 just fine on asus,and on formula they give 55 or self reboot all-over?nick said there could pe problems,so i just rma the board,but how can i do that when 3 mobo's do the same,what is this,i have to start binning motherboards now,besides cpu,memory,vga and others?

Asrock Oc Formula has ca good cpu vrm and that's about it.Stop pretending its a great memory clocking card because it isn't.
    O yes it is ,just because you didn't have luck with the board at particular time and moment it doesn't mean the board suck ,i tested some RAM (PSC- on M5G) samples from Loud and i couldn't do the timings he did ,the board is great for memory clocking, I really enjoyed it .There is no need to be biased about one particular brand ,model,etc
    Last edited by XBrytanX; 04-15-2013 at 05:52 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    I am not biased for crying out loud,i am just stating the obvious?Tested 3 samples of Asrock OC formula,all three behaved the same,all thress sucked with samsung +bbse rams,all thress overvolted in 0.025-0.03 range.Now i guess i do have my reason to blames asrock for this,don;t i? What do you want me to do,binn 100 sample to find one proper one?Srsly?

try adding 0.03V on gene dram voltage,see if it matches the formula.

As for as i am concerned,asrock oc formula clocks psc little better than asus,but rest of ic's are not so good.Period.

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Top 10 in 32m beg to differ

It is split almost down the middle between Asus and Asrock.

I have never been able to get any of my bbse to run the same on Asus as it does on Asrock, but I am sure it is more a setting/timing I must be dialing in wrong, it is not that the board sucks, rather my tuning skills suck As for setting a bit more vdimm, I have tried that as well with no avail, so don't think it is a voltage issue.

And keep in mind I have owned 2x Genes, a Formula and Extreme from the ROG lineup and to be honest I feel the best one was the MVG when it came to memory overclocking the 2GB classics, while the MVF seemed pretty dialed for Hynix and Samsung.

ps I never said you were biased
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Quote Originally Posted by XBrytanX View Post
    O yes it is ,just because you didn't have luck with the board at particular time and moment it doesn't mean the board suck ,i tested some RAM (PSC- on M5G) samples from Loud and i couldn't do the timings he did ,the board is great for memory clocking, I really enjoyed it .There is no need to be biased about one particular brand ,model,etc
    coolhandluke?
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme Member

Talking

Gigabyte FTW! I'm not biased In any way I think all boards and brands are unique in there own way,different types of memory IC play a big part in the performance of the board.You find the correct IC for a particular board brand,that may be Asus,Gigabyte,or Asrock and I think each can produce good results in their own way.

I actually had a bad ASRock Z77-OC myself at one point. I had to work really hard to get good PSC samples to even boot at 2600 and most of the time it would shoot me a 55 error which left a bad taste in my mouth. I went back to my proven MVF and I thought that had finally died over the weekend (it hadn't, it's still very alive) and so decided to give another z77-oc a try and I am not disappointed this time. Clocks PSC and Samsung with ease, with slightly less voltage than my MVF, but I'd still put them head to head as my favourite boards.

I have owned Z77X-UD3H (still have), Z77X-UD5H (only dead z77 board), Z77X-UP7 (awesome 3d board), Asus MVF (one of my favourites for mem clocking), Z77-OCF (Probably my favourite for mem clocking with the better overclocking software over the mvf). I have not had much success clocking PSC on giga, but I haven't really had the board for it either, I know bullant has had some flying runs and clocks on giga boards so they can all clock.

PI in the face
    seems like ocf is pretty good mem board to me

(asus is not bad either)
    Last edited by Splave; 04-16-2013 at 05:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Xtreme Member
    Splave, at your second screen I see AI SUite, so ASUS M5E(F,G) seems very good boards too )

Forgive for my English because I only learn it

PI in the face
    that is my point bro both are good

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Quote Originally Posted by Splave View Post
    that is my point bro both are good
    And that is the proverbial nail in the coffin per se
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme Member
    Totally forgot to post it here
    G.Skill PC3-16000 Trident F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD
    Elpida BBSE

PI in the face
    ^ idk where you guys find the good trident bbse, Im pretty sure there is none in the USA

Xtreme Member
    ^ idk where you guys find the good trident bbse, Im pretty sure there is none in the USA
    Isn't 1.8 volt for those settings pretty high for bbse. Curious, how bad is "normal" Trident bbse?
    Overclocking, it's a lifestyle

Xtreme Addict
    my set of trident bbse ddr3-1600 6-7-6 can run 2600 8-11-7 at 1.92 v for 32m,one module out of three run 2666 at 1.95....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Bad BBSE, Trident or not, will not even give you 2133 cas7 at 1,75v - that?s the reality outside of pre binned highend

PI in the face
    how about no boot at 8-11-8 2400 1.85v XD

XIP
    ^Happened so many times. lol

PI in the face
    Then I bought yours probably on at least once, sold to someone else on ebay, then you got em back over and over :P

Going to write "Suprise MOFO!" on the thermal tape of anything I put on ebay. haha

XIP
    Ebay should put "ignore" button and item on sale is traceable to original seller. Lol
    Last edited by Dumo; 04-17-2013 at 09:02 AM.

PI in the face
    hmmmmm....no

Xtreme Member
    I think my BBSE isn't good, max on air 2450 8-11-7 and this modules didn't like voltage higher than 1.84V. I think it's middle BBSE )

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Quote Originally Posted by MaJ0r View Post
    I think my BBSE isn't good, max on air 2450 8-11-7 and this modules didn't like voltage higher than 1.84V. I think it's middle BBSE )
    I must have the sister kit to yours because my Trident 2133 c9 peak at a shade over 2450 8-11-7 with 1.84v

I would say it is middle of the line BBSE. Can you at least run tWCL 6 at those speeds?
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme Addict
    From a triple-channel set of trident 1600 6-7-6,one module does 2500 8-11-7 with 1.83,one with 1.88 and one with 1.9....The best module does 2600 8-11-7 twcl 7 at 1.90,2666 at 1.95.Damn...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by l0ud_sil3nc3 View Post
    I must have the sister kit to yours because my Trident 2133 c9 peak at a shade over 2450 8-11-7 with 1.84v

I would say it is middle of the line BBSE. Can you at least run tWCL 6 at those speeds?
    Nope ) Postcode 55 )

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast