Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Koolance CPU-380 Water Blocks!

I am Xtreme

New Koolance CPU-380 Water Blocks!

We are pleased to announce our newest CPU water blocks for Intel and AMD sockets, the CPU-380I and CPU-380A. Please see Stren's roundup for test results (soon to include our CPU-380). He also has a more detailed review here.

Tim

Last edited by Koolance; 10-29-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    It looks alot like a xspc acetal top inside and a EK supreme HF bottom
    The man with the littel Barebone!
    And proud Crew of!!!
    Octeamdenmark.com
    Shuttle SX38P2Pro Barebone E8600cpu and HD4870X2 gfx and 2gig Crusial Ballistix PC8500 Cl5 and 2x150gig Raptor in raid 0 and 1x750 gig seagate
    Msi 790FX-GD70 Mobo Amd 955-965 PHII cpus and 2gig Crucial value PC10600@800mhz 7-5-5-15 1T
    And 4x500GB Seagate 7200.12 in raid0
    4xHD5770 in CFQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Administrator
    I think they look pretty nice. Mountings look very good also !

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Riska View Post
    It looks alot like a xspc acetal top inside and a EK supreme HF bottom
    Except it performs better than either. Also the 380 top is similar to koolance CPU 370 which came out before raystorms similar top. But they all build on others designs, the key is making it better, which looks like Koolance did.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I hope I can test this one I wonder how it performs on 1155.

Xtreme Mentor
    Are they microoo pins or the slots we see on many blocks these days? hard to tell from the pic.

The 370 is a decent block, hoping to see what Koolance has this time.
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Conumdrum View Post
    Are they microoo pins or the slots we see on many blocks these days? hard to tell from the pic.

The 370 is a decent block, hoping to see what Koolance has this time.
    They are microfins (no pins).

Tim

Moved to ivy bridge today. Opened my CPU-350 and it's looking beat after 4 years.

Anyone have these in stock?

Xtreme Supporter
    Running a CPU-370 v1.1 with an EK Supremacy sitting on my desk. Might have the sell the EK before I get to use it.

Xtreme Guru
    Hats off for pulling top performance. Pitty looks have suffered a lot. After EK supremacy bubbles now this. Block would look more acceptable & I wouldn't badmouth 380 .. if there weren't 360 & 370 before which were imho almost benchmark how good blocks might look. New design probably is cheaper to make, is not THAT bad looking among common looking blocks, might even be ok design for budget blocks like 370S{I,A}. But 360/370 from before spoils it . Of course, it's just my taste/opinion, there might be some who prefer new looks to old design.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    Moved to ivy bridge today. Opened my CPU-350 and it's looking beat after 4 years.

Anyone have these in stock?
    The Koolance store does, haven't seen any of the usual stores get them in stock though

$75 which makes it less than the 370 - so yeah I think they did cut costs by moving away from full metal, but at least that got passed on to the buyer too.

Is the preferred orientation of the ports vertical with this block? Or is it just for the photo. I always used my 370 with the ports horizontal.

Xtreme Member
    I ordered one last night, looking forward to testing it out. Hopefully they, or someone, will come out with different tops (clear, metal, etc)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feklar View Post
    Is the preferred orientation of the ports vertical with this block? Or is it just for the photo. I always used my 370 with the ports horizontal.
    In my testing I orient the block so that the text and logos would be the right way up when a motherboard is in a "normal" tower case. I assume this is what a manufacturer would expect you to do. It should be noted that this means that the channels on the 370 block will be going vertically but the 380 will be going horizontally

Once I'm done with all the other block testing, I'll be going back to double check what effect, if any, this has.

Xtreme Member
    ugly as hell.. but the performance is impressive
    PC:
    MOBO: Maximus VI Extreme
    CPU: Core i7-4770k
    RAM: 2x4gb Dominator Platinum 2133
    GPU: GeForce GTX Titan

Greetings from Brazil!

Xtreme Member
    What is the maximum size of compressions that will fit next to each other on top? And what size are those in the photo please? Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Corsair 850 tx psu; Dell 27" monitor
    XSPC rx rads; Apogee xt2; gtx680+Heatkiller fc; mcp655's in EK-D5 top
    distilled water + silver in MasterKleer 7/16" ID on 1/2" barbs & compressions

I really like the looks and finish quality.
    This is definitely going to be my next block.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by musicfan View Post
    What is the maximum size of compressions that will fit next to each other on top? And what size are those in the photo please? Thank you.
    Not sure - the port spacing looks to be about 25mm centre to centre, but here's a photo with my VL4N's on there which are larger than most 1/2x3/4 compressions:

FWIW the only block that I couldn't fit this VL4N setup on was the watercool heatkiller.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by musicfan View Post
    I measured the distance from center on the threads at about 26mm. I believe we used 10x16mm compression fittings in those photos, but our 13x19mm compressions also fit fine.

We know aesthetics will always get mixed opinions, as it also was for the CPU-360/370 (a design I'm partial to). Eventually, though, you've gotta try something new . The main focus for CPU-380 was on performance and lowering the price from CPU-360/370.

Tim

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolance View Post
    I measured the distance from center on the threads at about 26mm. I believe we used 10x16mm compression fittings in those photos, but our 13x19mm compressions also fit fine.

We know aesthetics will always get mixed opinions, as it also was for the CPU-360/370 (a design I'm partial to). Eventually, though, you've gotta try something new . The main focus for CPU-380 was on performance and lowering the price from CPU-360/370.

Tim
    Any plans on making different tops you can buy separately? I'm a sucker for clear tops. Either way, mine should be here on Tuesday. Cant wait...

Xtreme Guru
    Koolance: what do you think of releasing full-black block (with matte black mounting plate) or optional replacement plate (with also black all of the mounting screws)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Why does Koolance take an extra SEVEN days to process USPS? I would love to order a block and they are the only ones in stock, but I don't feel like getting ripped off for $20+ for USPS or Fedex shipping when USPS Priority is $7. Almost feels like they add the extra seven days for USPS orders to push you towards spending more on shipping.

Any idea when sidewinder, frozencpu, etc, will have stock?
    Last edited by computerpro3; 11-03-2012 at 01:04 PM.
    3770k @ 5ghz 1.35v linx stable
    Asus Maximus V Extreme
    8gb Samsung Green @ 2600mhz 11-11-11-31
    EVGA GTX 680
    Corsair AX850
    XSPC Watercooling

Xtreme Member
    Why they place the I/O holes too close omg?
    I doubt you could use two 45 degrees 13/19mm compression fittings there...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Got done with taking the perfomance data vs flow/pump settings and the 380 is still taking names, the high flow temps were so good I had to change my axis minimum:

I am Xtreme
    Definitely impressive. I don't suppose you have any pictures comparing the internals of both the 370 and the 380? Including the impingement plate.

I'd also prefer black mounting plate and hardware. Chrome is so 2010.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast